845 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Help your child learn and grow! Make time to sit and help with homework! Make time to read to your kids and make education FUN for them! Your children success depends on YOU!

Tampa Palms Elementary is a WONDERFUL school! Great teachers! Friendly staff and an amazing Parents and Teachers Association (PTA) that works really hard to make this school a success for your child and mine! I will like to encourage each family to volunteer! Ever little bit of your time and money helps a lot! and your child's smile is your greatest reward! GO Tampa Palms Elementary! Thank you for all you do!

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

They do not allow violence and disrespect amongst the children, but I have had my child tell me some negative things the teacher has said to my child, so I don't know I will be addressing those issues tomorrow. The principal is really good, respectful, and involved though.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

This is really where this school fall short. If you're different or don't learn as fast as majority students they don't know how to deal/approach students with learning differences. They are only good with very smart fast learning students and I know cause I have one of each that attend this school.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

If leadership was effective they would do all they could to help my child versus always negative with little solutions. Or presenting the same ineffective solutions.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

My child had been told by the teacher my child is going to fail, has no friends, and nobody wants to play with my child.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

It's way to much homework and class work being sent home to complete. I shouldn't have to work a 12 hour shift and come home to help my first grader for hours with uncompleted classwork and homework.

Since the 1st few weeks of school this school has said my child is going to fail. My child is being swept under the rug I feel because my child isn't as easy to teach as some of the other children. I spend hours daily teaching my kid and doing homework and class work at home with my kid. The class work is always blank and they blame the 6 year old for hiding it in the desk. I know about the know child left behind laws and they are not utilizing it especially when it comes to the free tutor. Never had one all year. The list of issues I have with this school is endless but it's a great school if you have an already very naturally smart child.

We have been so pleased with this school, from day one. Our child has attended since K and we've had amazing teachers each year. We bought a home in this neighborhood specifically to attend this school, with its long-standing recognition for excellence. The school, and the community, are very diverse, not pretentious, welcoming, and support students in and out of the classroom. Our other child attended two other schools in New Tampa, but Tampa Palms is heads above the others. PS - Chiles is very good as well for folks looking east of BBD.

The school brings out the best in my child, the staff and Mrs. Konicek, are very supportive for my child's improvement. Great school!! No complaints.

Last modified Tampa Palms Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.