1,053 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

BMS has to be one of the worst schools I've ever attended. No, not because I was "bullied" (I never was), and no not because I "didn't have friends" (I did). 90% of this staff is rude, to a point where I remember teachers throwing desks at students. There are numerous fist fights a day, fight clubs in the bathrooms, school lunch is garbage, and below par education. Mrs. Stahl, Mr. Howard and Mrs. Balthazar are the only good things about this school. I never even knew my principals name until years after attending. This school is garbage and definitely doesn't deserve an 8/10. It's a solid 0/10 and I mean it.

Front office is very unprofessional and lack knowledge of what's going on within the school. Students are answering phones and hanging up. No one knows where students are at specific time periods.

The teachers at this school that work the car line are dressed like slobs. They are wearing jeans that are over sized and t-shirts. Some days they are wearing shorts, t-shirts and flip flops. I'm not sure when we started wearing our weekend clothes to work, but they need to take pride in their appearance and set an example by dressing appropriately. Many educators across the country dress appropriately for "work". They can still look nice in khaki pants, dresses, skirts, etc. This school also has gone down hill in the three years my child has been there. She states that it is getting worse. Many of the kids are problematic. They are starting fights, setting fires, and she has seen kids getting arrested at school. We also changed several classes this year to honors classes to weed out the problematic kids. They were disruptive in the classroom and the learning process. This school is not a great one.

Located in great area with teachers that truly care about their students educational needs and goals

I can't stand this school. Both of my children attending the elementary school nearby, my oldest went to Bartels but my youngest is at Benito. My youngest was well loved at his previous school and made great grades. Here he has been bullied, including actually hit by another child, and nothing was done. I personally heard a teacher being nasty to him when she wasn't aware I was there. He has been in berated for using a phone in class when he doesn't even have a phone. I'm just in utter disgust. I work at a local high school and understand fully how a day working with the kids can be exhausting but Benito is just unacceptable in all aspects. I'm so disappointed that my property taxes fund this poor excuse of an educational institution.

Benito I think is a good school. Ive been here for a mounth or so and its pretty good compared to other schools. ive been in so many different schools so i seen them all. but tsome things could be fixed such as the lunch situation. it so stubid how they have everyone line up. but mostly its a good school and you should go here

I went to this school in 6th grade. It had the worst teachers ever and one of them just only liked the minorities and hated the white kids. There were so many fights and you never got anything done in class but, otherwise I had two good teachers. Otherwise it is a nightmare.

I am pleased with the quality of service from office staff to teachers. They are all very helpful and caring towards my daughter who is a grade 7th grade student.

I an currently an 8th grader here at Benito ive been here since 6th grade and it is an amazing school. Im on the Yearbook Team so i usally see more behind the scenes at the school than any other child. I havent seen any bullying and nothing bad. There are some bad kids but with the help of the students we can confront them as soon as possible you deffenatly should enroll in this school its education is amazing <3 i probably wont miss benito but some of the teachers i will miss the best teacher to have in 6th grade is Ms.Schecter but she wont be there anymore after having her baby but if you had her you know what i mean. 7th grade Ms.E & 8th grade Ms.Orlando/Ms. Gordon. Thats my point a view hope you had an amazing time here <3

I am in 6th grade and I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! It has really nice teachers, no uniforms, great elective courses, and not a lot of homework(like TCMS). It does have some bullies but you can keep away from them. I have learned a lot this year!

Last modified Benito Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.