Sickles High School 4

Posted February 22, 2012
Very Nice school over all in the good area, My Son graduated from here in 2011 and went to Penn State

Sickles High School 3

Posted January 09, 2012
Great School if you are looking for academical quality but it's full of "clicks" apparently a group of boys version of "mean girls" are ruling the social school life! Last Friday they put stick note on the back of girls students rating them while they walk on the cafeteria unaware of the prank.

Posted April 12, 2011
I started at Sickles High School back in 2002 and graduated in 2006. I had been present for many of the schools larger changes that it underwent. Between the changing of the principal to the rescheduling of lunches. I no longer live in Fl and can not speak for what is present now, but from my own experience I can say that Sickles took pride in education in pushing its teachers to take an added effort in helping students that were falling behind. Talking one on one with students about not only grades but being mentors to them as well and trying to help in any way they could. Teachers and principals alike went above and beyond their regular duties to ensure students graduated and made something of themselves. Even for those who slack off in school and had a possibility of not graduating on time with their class had a wonderful opportunity to make up those credits in their last year of school. I can honestly say that beyond a shadow of a doubt Sickles High School is a school I can see myself sending my own children.

Posted March 31, 2010
Principal does not support quality electives; wants everyone to take AP classes, even if they get C/D/F and are not AP material.

Sickles High School 4

Posted March 30, 2010
Good leadership from Princial, very action and result oriented. overall quality staff!

Posted October 01, 2009
I love Sickles and think it has some of the very best teachers around. They genuinely care about the students and try to make class interesting. They go out of their way to help and accomodate the students from what I have seen. The administration on the other hand is another story. I think it trickles down from the top. I think the principal is arrogant and doesn't care much about helping the students. I've never seen someone in his position be as cut and dry and cold as he is. Too bad as that is the only flaw I see with the school. Luckily-the teachers make up for his shortcomings.

Posted July 03, 2009
Parents dont listen to any of the stupid complaints about sickles, I have just completed my freshmen year there and I loved it!!! Although many of our core students are leaving in the fall to go to steinbrenner im sure we will still be a top rated school and i look forward to my next 3 years as a gryphon. Sickles has many great programs to offer such our buisness and technololgy department. I was in web design 1 this year and I thought it was great, the teachers are amazing and I would definitly recomend going to this school. steinbreener is going to be very under developed in areas such as R.O.T.C (they wont even have one) which I will be joining in the fall. I give Sickles a ten out of ten and you should definitly send your kids there.

Posted July 01, 2009
I absolutley love this school!!! This school, I believe, has one of the best orchestra programs. The teacher is fun, respectable, and strict, she pushes the students to excell in music. The admin is eh. Let's just say they could do a little better, But I'm sure next year is going to change. I really do love this school. There is plenty of school spirit and the teachers really care. Have your kids go to Sickles. They won't regret it.

Posted June 23, 2009

Posted June 16, 2009
This school is fake! When I attended it I thought I was achieving high scores because I was smart. Guessed wrong! I moved to a new school in Pasco and the curriculum was so much more challanging than at Sickles. I have learned alot more at my new school then at Sickles and I believe that the crazy GPA's are so stupid and that they don't and shouldn't count. Especially the AP and Honors classes those classes arn't even that hard the AP and honors classes in Pasco are so much harder than those of Hillsborough. This is my opinion and I know most of you all think too highly of Sickles but if you just had the oppertunity that I had you would have changed yours too!

Sickles High School
7950 Gunn Highway, Tampa, FL  33626
Last modified Sickles High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sickles High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top