Tampa, FL
Students enrolled: 2,324

Posted April 04, 2015
They have awesome music teachers (even though there is no chorus program, they have great band, orchestra, guitar, etc.) They also have an awesome culinary arts program, a wide variety of sports, and a wide variety of classes. Like every school, there are problem students, problem teachers, and problem administrators, but the school is consistently one of the better schools in the area. school is what you make of it, and if you choose to make the most of it, Wharton will provide a great education.

Posted April 04, 2015
I absolutely loved Wharton. I spent all four years here and graduated last year. It was a great experience. I had fantastic teachers who all genuinely cared. I didn't always get the best grades, but all the teachers did everything they could to help me. If you're nice to the teachers, they're nice to you. In my experience, the only people who think the teachers are bad ,are the students who are disrespectful. The music program is fantastic! While I was there I took a variety of music classes. I could not have asked for better teachers. Though I graduated a year ago, they still continue to help me progress in music. I'm not good at math, but I've had great teachers who actually made me enjoy it! I love all the diversity at the school. It was so fascinating for me to get to know so many people from so many backgrounds. I was looking over the reviews other people have given of this school and some of them are so far from the truth. I never once saw any drugs or weapons. We were on lock-down a few times, but that's the same as any other school in any other place. Yes, there are bad kids, but that doesn't make it a bad school. I had a fantastic experience there.

Posted October 13, 2014
I like this school,because we have an elevator where I can take it with my aid.Also,the teachers here at Wharton they are fantastic.This school is a the first on to be great than the other schools around us.Also,the teaching is great and students are learning more better than other schools around us.

Wharton High School 2

Posted December 07, 2013
I was a student at Wharton and i found it boring. The students dont talk to you, it is ALWAYS hot, the teachers are very strict (except for a few). I didnt like it at all. But there are good things, like the clubs and sports but thats it. oh and the academics are behind. In 9th grade biology we talked about what an ecosystem is. I learned that in 5th grade in my old school!!!

Wharton High School 4

Posted September 16, 2013
tbh Wharton is a good school I am a student there and the reason why people get mad and start to fight is because most ap's aren't gonna stop them and they know that also most of those students who does drugs smoke drink and cause violence are the main ones that are graduating on time with a2.3 and higher with an athletic academic or rotc scholarship people do not know what half these kids go through most of their lives like some students get shot at they get jumped the day before or they jus have family problems which makes some students want to fight or do drugs or drink alcohol the next day, and also I understand what you are thinking why cant they just move from the environment to keep their kids trained and the answer to your question is because most parents don't think they can do any better and they think if the go to a more calm suburban community they would get in trouble everyday so don't say that Wharton is a bad school full of bad kids blame most of the teachers ap,s and councilors who don't think we will make it because of the every day problems we as students face

Wharton High School 1

Posted September 08, 2013
It would not me rate the school a zero but that is what it deserves. If you have a choice do NOT go here. I moved here knowing all schools will have drugs, bullying, and fighting but this is what happens daily. The school goes on lockdown very frequently. It is about 20% caucasion and almost everyone does drugs. Terrible school do not go here unless you want your child to fail. Some teachers only care about being paid and that's all. The overlook: This school is awful!!!!!!!

Wharton High School 2

Posted August 13, 2013
if you want your kid to succeed and have teacher that care, don't send your kid to this school don't get me wrong their debate, lsa,marching band, and rotc program is amazing but form regulars to ap class teachers do not care. SO if your kid doesn't want to do one of does academy's then don't send them.

Posted October 21, 2012
Great school. Diversity, athletics, good science and AP classes/teachers. Take honors and AP and you'll be fineHad an amazing four years, good memories.

Wharton High School 4

Posted June 01, 2012
It is naive to think there are schools that don't have drug or violence problems at the high school level. That's everywhere and is sadly just reality. My child will be a Senior next year and has received an excellent education thanks to some fantastic teachers that continuously go above and beyond to help the kids. It's true that the experience is much better if you are in higher level classes. I recommend taking HOPE through FL Virtual school during the summer. I would, however, like to see the administration focus less on the football/basketball teams and more on the outstanding music/academic achievements they earn year after year. The music program is second to none, the Brain Bowl teams sweeps the awards at MOSI every year, and the math teams consistently place at the top. These are the achievements that make them look good across the district, yet they get very little mention...if at all. The tennis team, state champions, also gets no attention. A well-rounded representation in the spotlight would be a nice change.

Wharton High School 1

Posted October 28, 2011
Do not send your child to this High School. The bullying, fights and from the principal to all 6 AP do nothing to keep your child safe. Zero is done, even the teachers are scared. My daughter who has to go and is in 11th grade would rather QUIT then go back. I have met with all I can and still No GIRL is safe to walk the school. The stars below will not let me give no stars. I will home school my A student with dual college .

Wharton High School
20150 Bruce B Downs Boulevard, Tampa, FL  33647
Last modified Wharton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wharton High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top