Posted April 02, 2014
My daughter has attended The Richardson Montessori Academy since summer of 2009 and I have nothing but GREAT things to say about this school and teachers. I love the teaching methods and parents that are complaining or have complained in past maybe this school is not for your child. Because of the staff my child read above her grade level and has always did GREAT and over achieved.

Posted March 26, 2014
I am not sure what the other people are talking about when they are putting this school down. My daughter has done a complete turn around, since attending this school. She actually wants to go to school now. She is in the first grade learning more than she had in a public school. I am very pleased with the teacher's and Principle. I would not change anything! They do communicate with parents, I get a notice every week, letting me know about my child's achievements and behavior for the week, I have to sign and send back. Maybe it is your child not giving it to you. I would and have recommended this school to all of my friends and family.

Posted February 17, 2014
Please do not believe the negativity of some of these parents ranting on here regarding this school. They are the same ones that was not involved in continuing their child's lesson at home. They are also the same ones that think schools are nothing more than a daycare. This school is not about the money or else they would have stayed in a more affluent neighborhood. They are about the children and nothing more. Parent involvement is nill because most parents aren't parents and as I stated before they think it is a daycare and not a partnership between the parents and school. They do need help and they are the first charter school in hillsborough. What is sad is that mrs. Brumfield wanted to give back to her community and it is that same community that is so unappreciative. unwarranted reviews from disgruntled parents with dysfunctional children that choose to disrupt other students need to take a closer look at their parenting skills. My child went there and is greatful for experiencing a Montessori education. She is now on her way either academy of holy names or to Berkeley prep for high schoo

Posted July 11, 2013
The Richardson Montessori Academy lacks organization and leadership. The administration does not care for its students or their faculty. The leadership will not take responsibility for any of their actions. The only thing Montessori about the school is the name. The school does not follow the Montessori system. Parents are given very room for involvement except for the collection of money. Administratively they have an F and pedagogically they have an F. I cannot recommend this school as a viable option to any parent.

Posted April 01, 2013
Richardson Montessori Academy: Good education but there is no communication between parents and staff (unless there is a big problem). These people who run the school are after the money. I had to remove my son from this school. No more comments!!! Hopefully you do your research on this school before making a decision to bring your kids here.

Posted September 06, 2011
My grandson has been to Mendenhall , Richardson Academy, Hunnington and now Concordia. I feel that it was a wasted year at Richardson Academy. There is no communication between parents and the leadership, who run the Academy. I put him in Hunnington Learning Center to catch up the year he lost at Richardson Academy. As for parent involvement, leadership would not allow the parents to get involved. They refused to have parent -teacher conferences. I am suprised they are still open. I would actually give them 0 stars but I don't want you to think I forgot to rate them.

Richardson Montessori Academy 2

Posted September 02, 2011
This "school" in a nut shell has the potential to develop into an excellent academic platform, however I feel it is inappropriately staffed and the campus is very open and somewhat unsecure. I, as a parent of now a kindergarden student and still now the 3rd week of school have not met the teacher. I have called and inquired personally my concern and rqst to atleast be able to identify the teacher that's been assigned as my child educational instructor and as of yet, I have not met nor been contacted was even questioned as to why I felt the need to. Encouraged but concerned be advised.

Posted July 04, 2011
If you want nice teachers and staff who do not care about your child's education then go to another school. However if you want your child to get a great education, then you may want to give this school a try. The staff can be trying at times but in the end, your child learns. And ultimately, that's what is expected of s school. I checked their school grade this year and they received an 'A'.

Posted January 24, 2011
I honestly love this school and how the kids are taught. So please do not listen to these disgruntled parents complaining about this school. They are the same ones that will hold their child back in life. Mrs. Brumfiled has been an educator for several years and requires each parent to do their job at home with their child to help them excel. TRMA is not a daycare as some parents would like to think. I just wished I had known about this school when my son attended elementary. Real reason they are disgruntled is due to the fact one year, the graduation ceremony was delayed due to issues with Hills borough County Schools. The teachers there do care about the children and do nurture them what they will not tolerate are rude, disobedient children and their parents. This is the same education system used in Europe to help maximize a child's learning potential.

Posted September 19, 2010
I can understand a bad first impression of the Principal. She is, as she says, a woman of few words, and it took me a year to figure her out. However, my 3 youngest children have been attending this school for 3 years. I could not be happier. Yes, my children get frustrated at times. They are challenged every day, and there is no bending of the rules. Not only does this school outshine all of Florida academically, they are perparing these children for the realities of life when they become adults. Feeling warm and fuzzy about themselves isn't going to help them if they can't perform what is required of them in a real working environment, which requires self-discipline, self-control, self-governance, and respect for others, along with obeying any rules that must be followed. The Principal is, in reality, a very patient woman who cares deeply for these kids.

Richardson Montessori Academy
6815 N Rome Ave, Tampa, FL  33604
Last modified Richardson Montessori Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richardson Montessori Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top