57 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Some are very ineffective, not all. Some are rude to students as well as parents

Some of the staff should not be teaching young children. They are rude to students and parents and have no business teaching children. After a couple of weeks I pulled my child out of this school, it appears it's all about money for them. Look elsewhere for your child to go to school!!

My son started this school as a First grader in the beginning everything was great with the school,teachers and curriculum was great. Their was one teacher there when he started, she was a Indian teacher. And I only say Indian because I can't remember how to spell her name, but she was an excellent teacher. Once she left I had nothing but problems with the new teacher. I took my son out of the school, for his second grade year. I want say the school does not have potential to be a great school. But the administration is more concerned with low rating the parents then teaching the students.I feel that they teach the ones that the want to teach, members friends and everyone else they talk about and say inappropriate comments to. if you want to give back to your community, that's fine. But don't low rate the parents that send the kids there. If your apart of the solution, be apart of the solution.

My daughter has attended The Richardson Montessori Academy since summer of 2009 and I have nothing but GREAT things to say about this school and teachers. I love the teaching methods and parents that are complaining or have complained in past maybe this school is not for your child. Because of the staff my child read above her grade level and has always did GREAT and over achieved.

I am not sure what the other people are talking about when they are putting this school down. My daughter has done a complete turn around, since attending this school. She actually wants to go to school now. She is in the first grade learning more than she had in a public school. I am very pleased with the teacher's and Principle. I would not change anything! They do communicate with parents, I get a notice every week, letting me know about my child's achievements and behavior for the week, I have to sign and send back. Maybe it is your child not giving it to you. I would and have recommended this school to all of my friends and family.

Please do not believe the negativity of some of these parents ranting on here regarding this school. They are the same ones that was not involved in continuing their child's lesson at home. They are also the same ones that think schools are nothing more than a daycare. This school is not about the money or else they would have stayed in a more affluent neighborhood. They are about the children and nothing more. Parent involvement is nill because most parents aren't parents and as I stated before they think it is a daycare and not a partnership between the parents and school. They do need help and they are the first charter school in hillsborough. What is sad is that mrs. Brumfield wanted to give back to her community and it is that same community that is so unappreciative. unwarranted reviews from disgruntled parents with dysfunctional children that choose to disrupt other students need to take a closer look at their parenting skills. My child went there and is greatful for experiencing a Montessori education. She is now on her way either academy of holy names or to Berkeley prep for high schoo

The Richardson Montessori Academy lacks organization and leadership. The administration does not care for its students or their faculty. The leadership will not take responsibility for any of their actions. The only thing Montessori about the school is the name. The school does not follow the Montessori system. Parents are given very room for involvement except for the collection of money. Administratively they have an F and pedagogically they have an F. I cannot recommend this school as a viable option to any parent.

Richardson Montessori Academy: Good education but there is no communication between parents and staff (unless there is a big problem). These people who run the school are after the money. I had to remove my son from this school. No more comments!!! Hopefully you do your research on this school before making a decision to bring your kids here.

My grandson has been to Mendenhall , Richardson Academy, Hunnington and now Concordia. I feel that it was a wasted year at Richardson Academy. There is no communication between parents and the leadership, who run the Academy. I put him in Hunnington Learning Center to catch up the year he lost at Richardson Academy. As for parent involvement, leadership would not allow the parents to get involved. They refused to have parent -teacher conferences. I am suprised they are still open. I would actually give them 0 stars but I don't want you to think I forgot to rate them.

This "school" in a nut shell has the potential to develop into an excellent academic platform, however I feel it is inappropriately staffed and the campus is very open and somewhat unsecure. I, as a parent of now a kindergarden student and still now the 3rd week of school have not met the teacher. I have called and inquired personally my concern and rqst to atleast be able to identify the teacher that's been assigned as my child educational instructor and as of yet, I have not met nor been contacted was even questioned as to why I felt the need to. Encouraged but concerned be advised.

Last modified Richardson Montessori Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6