803 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 04, 2016
The Home work in 2nd grade keeps my daughter busy. I believe it's just right.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted May 04, 2016
Neutral here. By a couple of points my child didn't make it to the gift group. The curious thing is that if I would of qualified as a low income family my child would of made it to the gifted group. T doesn't make sense to me whats the difference between a low family income child from a high one. Shouldn't the curve be the same? This is why in "fairness in its students" I'm neutral

Clark Elementary School 5

Posted May 04, 2016
I currently do not have nothing negative to say about Clark Elementary. Now, I read a lot of negative reviews but just to throw a quick comment, Kids are a reflection of there parents. They are just children that are learning and what they see and experience at home is what goes with them. Now think about it for a minute. How are you raising them are you teaching them respect, do they respect you. I can keep going.... I understand that we parents are always going to protect and defend our children. But think hard for a minute..

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
Greatful that our daughter has Mrs. Hewitt as her teacher. Belle comes home everyday exited about what she has learned. Mrs. Hewitt is always attentive. We as parents are grateful our daughter has a teacher like Mrs.Hewitt. The teachers and staff are top. Great school.

Grateful to: Student

Posted May 04, 2016
I say thank you to my child for keeping your head up even when others falsely accuse you. For making honor roll every quarter and giving your all.

Clark Elementary School 1

Posted May 04, 2016
This is the worst school I've every seen in my life. Racism? Prejudice? Yep, it does exist here, like it does everywhere else. My son has been falsely accused, reputation destroyed, and according to the "principal" they have to go by whatever the kids say, even though CAMERAS are in place on buses, etc and may show nothing which was described. Here at Clark, a child can say your child did something to them, and that's that. They don't properly investigate at all. Luckily, he has a decent teacher this year, but as for the principal, administration, and other teachers, they only cater to the white children. If the child is of another race and is a female, her words are gold. I wouldn't recommend anyone I know to enroll their child here, especially if the child is of color and a male.

Clark Elementary School 1

Posted November 12, 2015
Racism is still alive at that school. Only interested in the success of white children. Large class sizes!

Clark Elementary School 2

Posted February 11, 2014
The look and feel of this place, I feel like I am dropping my child off at a prison. I really dislike it. From my child's comments, there are very few recreational activities, and socialization is kept to a minimum; there is virtually no oppportunity to develop connections with any other children than those assigned to the same classroom, which really hinders children's opportunity to develop important social skills that they will need for the rest of their lives. The official school website is very poorly maintained, as are the teachers' websites, many of which are blank or contain a single picture or information from last year or the year before. It would at least be nice if the multiple amounts of papers that are sent home, with instructions on joining a new link or website for additional resources (how many different ones are there?), the 5 minute Friday phone calls, the emails, etc could all be compiled and placed on the school's website...and keep it updated (at least current year), and with contact information that actually generates a response from a human being that at least pretends to care.

Clark Elementary School 5

Posted January 06, 2014
I have a daughter that attends Clark. She is very happy here. This is her 2nd yr there. I moved to this area because at the previous school she attened she was bullied. I can not complain about anything, she loves to go to school, she is treated with respect. She adores her teacher. She always just looks forward going to school. I've never had a problem. Its going to be sad when we hqve to leave.

Clark Elementary School 3

Posted June 23, 2013
The administration and teachers have all been wonderful, but the building is far below acceptable standards. Many of the classroom bathrooms do not have dedicated sinks, and hand washing is an "option" that is less encouraged than using hand sanitizer...until a viral infection breaks out and we receive mass letters about proper hand-washing at home. You cannot teach a child to practice good habits only 'sometimes'. I don't know about your children, but mine are still mastering the skill of proper wiping, and slathering a little hand sanitizer on top fingernails containing fecal matter does NOT cut it. These children will grow up to work in restaurants, doctors offices, etc. I expressed my concerns to district personnel and received a pre-generated response that reinforced my opinion that my concerns were neither be understood nor addressed. PROPER hand-washing with warm water and soap needs to reinforced in our schools. Period.

19002 Wood Sage Drive, Tampa, FL  33647
Last modified Clark Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.