Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The best school ever. I had my son in Lomax, I moved and try other shools, he was in a charter school and what a disappointment, he is in our school zone and is better than charter school, however no one like Lomax, I miss my son going to this school so far Magnet is the best of the best in all the areas. Mrs. Baez the best teacher ever!!

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

There is no doubt in my mind that they have their teaching degrees. As far as fostering the love of learning in children, I don't see that in any of my kids that attend this school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The school does give homework everyday but they are lacking in the science department. I was told by my son's 2nd grade teacher that they MAY have science once a month.

Develops character: Disagree

How can you instill those values in a child when the adults don;t even practice or believe in them?!

This is my child's first year at Lomax as a 2nd grader. He has had the worst experience and the worst teacher. He would come home daily crying because he did not want to go back to school the next day. She constantly yells at the class and him. When he asks questions, she replies to him very sarcastically, as if she is talking to an adult and not a 7 year old. The teachers also bully the kids based on any disagreeing remark a parent writes in the parent-teacher section of their agenda. They use bullying as a form of disciplining the kids it seems because the principal does nothing about it. They also gang up on the kids. His teacher would reprimand him and then take him to another teacher so that they both would yell at him! His teacher even refused to let him go to the bathroom to the point that he wet himself! She was punishing him for something that I wrote in his agenda and would make him go out of the way to use a bathroom far away. No one even called to let us know he had wet himself. This happened twice! He will definitely not attend this school next year and the next incident, I will be calling the school board about it!!

I feel truly blessed to have my son enrolled at Lomax. This is his first year there. The entire school staff is so warm, welcoming and genuinely happy to be there. This has such a positive effect on the students and it shows. I am amazed at the programs offered at Lomax. It's all about preparing your child for the future. College education is a frequent topic at the school. My child has been able to thrive and shine at Lomax. We are truly grateful for the opportunity to be here!

This school is AWESOME!! My daughter has gone here since 2nd grade and is currently in 4th. Each teacher she has had worked with her and was extremely encouraging. My daughter has always struggled with reading and they have always done a great job with extra help, keeping me informed and getting my daughter to where she needed to be. Even when she missed a lot of school for medical reasons....her teachers visited her, brought her work and helped get her caught up. The staff truly cares about the kids and it shows in how they work with the students! Only reason she will be leaving is because she was accepted into the performing arts school.......and I hope I don't regret making the move.

Don't believe the review. I regretted reading the review believing it was a great school! This school is far from a good let alone great! Teachers are condescending towards students. Bullying is prevelant!!! Bullying is so evident and serious in this school especially at upper grade level! Students are really mean, rude and disrespectful! If you have a special need child, DO NOT BRING THEM! Curriculum is not up to what it should be! Most students are not well prepared for FCAT! It will be interesting to see what the FCAT results! No diversity! Principal is nice but ineffective in resolving bullying issues! Just walk into the lunch room in the morning to see how much yelling from teachers who monitor students in line for breakfast! It's unbelievable! What a wasteful year for my student! Getting out next year!

It is a good school where teachers take at most care in all aspects. Especially in maths and science, my daughter was able to solve her problems or homework herself.

My sons attend Lomax and it is a great Math and Science Magnet school. The teachers are very supportive of the children and they are very serious about my children getting the best education possible. The principle interacts with the children and parents daily. GREAT SCHOOL!!!

Last modified Lomax Magnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.