Lomax Magnet Elementary School 1

Posted March 19, 2014
Don't believe the review. I regretted reading the review believing it was a great school! This school is far from a good let alone great! Teachers are condescending towards students. Bullying is prevelant!!! Bullying is so evident and serious in this school especially at upper grade level! Students are really mean, rude and disrespectful! If you have a special need child, DO NOT BRING THEM! Curriculum is not up to what it should be! Most students are not well prepared for FCAT! It will be interesting to see what the FCAT results! No diversity! Principal is nice but ineffective in resolving bullying issues! Just walk into the lunch room in the morning to see how much yelling from teachers who monitor students in line for breakfast! It's unbelievable! What a wasteful year for my student! Getting out next year!

Lomax Magnet Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
It is a good school where teachers take at most care in all aspects. Especially in maths and science, my daughter was able to solve her problems or homework herself.

Posted August 22, 2013
My sons attend Lomax and it is a great Math and Science Magnet school. The teachers are very supportive of the children and they are very serious about my children getting the best education possible. The principle interacts with the children and parents daily. GREAT SCHOOL!!!

Posted August 22, 2013
This is my son's second year at Lomax (third Grade) and I could not be more excited about the education he is receiving there. The principal is Amazing and would assist a parent or a child at the drop of a dime with anything, her door is always open or you can find her greeting kids in the hallways everyday. The teachers give their all to keep the kids engaged and informed. Changing schools was a difficult decision but after seeing the progress my child has made in this short time it was well worth it. This school deserves a 10 out of 10, ask any Lomax parent they would agree.

Posted August 16, 2012
I am grateful for the Principal, Teachers and staff at Lomax, they take the time to personally know each child and their needs. They go above and beyond to make sure the child's education and safety are provided. I thank you!

Posted July 27, 2011
My daughter goes to this school and I like the Emphasis given to science and math. She did participate in experiments like Sun screen lotion effectiveness, growing plants, animal classifications etc. Teachers are science savvy and show students fun things that you can do. I have not seen any issues with security, mis-conduct, ethics etc.

Posted May 03, 2010

Posted May 15, 2009
My daughter has gone to Lomax every since she started kindergarten. My child is in the 2nd grade now and is getting smarter and better with her reading and math. Lomax has also brought my daughter out of her quiet/shy shell. I love her 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Jones-Lang. She is wonderful and we need more teachers like her.

Posted September 30, 2008
This school is the best school I have ever enrolled my son into. My son's 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Jones-Lang has inspired my son to work harder and to slow down on his work. I think Mrs. Jones-Lang diserves an award for her effort in turning children around and making them better little people. Thank You Mrs. Jones-Lang. We love you....and Thank you to everyone else who also works hard to help children find the better person within themselves.

Posted July 24, 2008
Mrs. Roberts the school principal is wonderful and my son's 2nd grade teacher was the best teacher he has had since starting school. Mrs. Jones-Lang cared so much for her students. Mrs. Jones-Lang went above and beyond being a teacher, she was like the Mom. We love Lomax and are proud to have a child who attends there.

Lomax Magnet Elementary School
4207 North 26th Street, Tampa, FL  33610
Last modified Lomax Magnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lomax Magnet Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top