Tampa, FL

Posted April 26, 2015
I am a lucky parent of a 6th & 7th grader. Next year I will have 3 students at OG. I truly think we won the lottery by being at this school. Our neighborhood school is one of the best in the district yet we drive our kids to this school. Why? Because if you have ever walked the halls of Any Middle School, USA, you see kids with slumped shoulders and little eye contact. The kids at OG literally shine. They are able to speak in front of groups, perform on any stage, and compete on a national level (and international level for dance - the only middle school in the US to compete at YAGP). These middle schoolers are happy & engaged. There are a lot of really smart kids at this school. Please don't let the test scores scare you. It is a magnet school so it has a wide range of kids from various socioeconomic backgrounds (kind of like the real world, huh?). But let's say that your child isn't an academic kid, well, they get to shine for their creative talents. It is the best of all worlds! Like I said.....we are lucky!

Posted June 02, 2014
I dont go to orange grove yet because im still 5th grade but next year i will go to orange grove. In 4th grade i went to orange grove for a fieldtrip and IT WAS AWSOME !!!!!!! . They have singing (chorous),dancing, band ,and drama. It is also a really big middle school and orange grove is a good school unlike the other schools

Posted September 12, 2013
My daughter comes home from school absolutely brimming with excitement from her school day. The teachers have not only made dance classes fun and challenging but have employed performing arts in her science and history classes to bring education to life. My daughter began to explain that each student acted out a part of the earths crust to show how an earthquake was caused. This is just one example in a long list of daily experiences that have super charged my childs mind and heart and imagination. The teachers show a genuine interest in the students as well. Kids can tell when the adults in their life are being disingenuous so when my daughter comes home feeling respected and cared for I could not ask for a better enviroment for the most important person in my life to learn and thrive. I feel so blessed to have my daughter in Orange Grove. Even if I had millions of dollars and could send my child anywhere for her education ....Orange Grove Middle Magnet School for the Arts is where I would want her to be. RONDA GERHART......parent of a 6th grader that loves her school

Posted August 09, 2013
orange grove middle school have performance drama , is excellent for the kids my daughter like this school

Posted August 08, 2012
AWESOME SCHOOL. Altogether if you want to go to a performing arts middle school (or if you are a parent and want your child to go to a performing arts middle school) then Orange Grove is the place to go.

Posted April 10, 2012
My daughter started Orange Grove last year and has absolutely loved it! She loves dance and has thoroughly enjoyed the wealth of other electives offered by the school. These electives include art, chorus, drama, stage craft, orchestra and band (I may have missed one or two). The school also offers several after school sports programs.I was concerned initially that an arts school would not offer the same academic opportunities as the other science and math magnet schools. I was wrong. She was selected for math league and Orange Grove beat the science and math magnet schools in the area. She has excelled academically with high FCAT scores leading to opportunities to participate in an SAT prep course offered by Duke University and summer classes at USF. In dance, she gets to perform in many recitals, at community events and in competitions. Professional dancers from various styles do guest teaching and she was recently chosen to go to NYC to take classes at the American Ballet Theater. She is absolutely thrilled that she can dance two hours a day and still take honors math and science courses. This school is a dream for her and my son can't wait to attend Orange Grove next year.

Orange Grove Middle Magnet School 4

Posted June 06, 2011
My child is finishing up 6th grade and I'm very happy with this school - it's small enough to where my child receives personal attention from teachers and even administrators, and there are lots of creative outlets and after-school activities. I feel the communication to parents is WAY above average - they use Edline and teachers are always responsive to communication from home. The faculty understand creative kids.

Orange Grove Middle Magnet School 2

Posted January 04, 2010
My daughter has always been creative so I was thrilled to find Orange Grove for her. While she loves her stagecraft class and after a rough start is happy there, I have to say I'm disappointed. There is poor communication between the school and the parents, there are very few extracurricular opportunities and my daughter is not being challenged academically there. My 5th grader has more homework than my 6th grader does!

Posted January 19, 2008
orange grove is such an amzing school. the teachers are great at teaching, and the electives are fantastic. from drama, dance, art, chrous, drumline, orchestra, piano, harp, band, business technology, computer skills, office help, P.E, journalism, and stage craft, the electives are taken so serious. the number of girfted students is incredible. And the advanced classes really are advanced. this school is a privelige to go to. and there are almost no fights or crime. I've gone there for three years, and I've only ever seen one fight, and heard about three. the teachers are devoted, smart, and fun to be with, and they help each and every student. I'd recomend this school to any child.

Posted September 12, 2006
Orange Grove Middle is a wonderful school with high quality teachers and talented students. Children are given multiple opportunities to learn, shine, and explore their talents!

Orange Grove Middle Magnet School
3415 North 16th Street, Tampa, FL  33605
Last modified Orange Grove Middle Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orange Grove Middle Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top