Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers expect you to do your work period. Grades first then electives.

My daughter spent 3 years at OG. She absolutely loved it. She faithfully got up at 4:30 am to make her 5:50 am bus arrival. She danced and was in band. The teachers cared about the students and I would proudly send another child there.

Amount of homework: no rating

Teachers use Edsby inconsistently, there is no way to know how your student is actually doing.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Discipline applied based on parental pressure rather than actual analysis of a situation. Don't expect them to succeed in logical decision making, they'll give in to the bark of a bulldog parent.

OGMMS is no different than any other public middle school in Hillsborough County. Same curriculum, same overwhelmed administrators, same behavior problem students, same teachers that couldn't care less...you get the idea. Why does the administration keep turning over? Parents - stay away - it's not worth the driving time or the extra long bus ride for your kid. Best advice, stick with your neighborhood school and get them some afterschool dance/art/drama lessons - you'll have a much more positive experience.

I am a lucky parent of a 6th & 7th grader. Next year I will have 3 students at OG. I truly think we won the lottery by being at this school. Our neighborhood school is one of the best in the district yet we drive our kids to this school. Why? Because if you have ever walked the halls of Any Middle School, USA, you see kids with slumped shoulders and little eye contact. The kids at OG literally shine. They are able to speak in front of groups, perform on any stage, and compete on a national level (and international level for dance - the only middle school in the US to compete at YAGP). These middle schoolers are happy & engaged. There are a lot of really smart kids at this school. Please don't let the test scores scare you. It is a magnet school so it has a wide range of kids from various socioeconomic backgrounds (kind of like the real world, huh?). But let's say that your child isn't an academic kid, well, they get to shine for their creative talents. It is the best of all worlds! Like I said.....we are lucky!

I dont go to orange grove yet because im still 5th grade but next year i will go to orange grove. In 4th grade i went to orange grove for a fieldtrip and IT WAS AWSOME !!!!!!! . They have singing (chorous),dancing, band ,and drama. It is also a really big middle school and orange grove is a good school unlike the other schools

My daughter comes home from school absolutely brimming with excitement from her school day. The teachers have not only made dance classes fun and challenging but have employed performing arts in her science and history classes to bring education to life. My daughter began to explain that each student acted out a part of the earths crust to show how an earthquake was caused. This is just one example in a long list of daily experiences that have super charged my childs mind and heart and imagination. The teachers show a genuine interest in the students as well. Kids can tell when the adults in their life are being disingenuous so when my daughter comes home feeling respected and cared for I could not ask for a better enviroment for the most important person in my life to learn and thrive. I feel so blessed to have my daughter in Orange Grove. Even if I had millions of dollars and could send my child anywhere for her education ....Orange Grove Middle Magnet School for the Arts is where I would want her to be. RONDA GERHART......parent of a 6th grader that loves her school

orange grove middle school have performance drama , is excellent for the kids my daughter like this school

AWESOME SCHOOL. Altogether if you want to go to a performing arts middle school (or if you are a parent and want your child to go to a performing arts middle school) then Orange Grove is the place to go.

Last modified Orange Grove Middle Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.