769 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 23, 2016
Officer Steve has always gone above and beyond for the protections of our children and I do not think he gets enough "thank You for your services" I think he gets looked over a lot

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 23, 2016
The teachers truly care about their students. And I can tell that my son loves his teachers and loves going to school. As much as a kid would want to go to school :)

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 23, 2016
I believe they are sometimes a little harsh with they rules and regulations. But I do understand the reasoning behind it and agree with most of it.

Posted May 23, 2016
I love this school. My son's teacher Mrs. Vonderau and the teacher's Aid Ms. Craddock have been wonderful. They have always kept the line of communications open and have taught my son sooooo much. I can't say enough good things about them. Officer Steve...Awesome! Just nothing bad to report about this school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
Everyone who works at this school deserves praise. It takes a lot of dedication and patience to do this so THANK YOU to all staff and volunteer parents and of course the hard working students.

Posted November 18, 2015
Both my sons have been attending the school for a couple of years now and they love it. The location itself is convenient. It's in downtown so it's centrally located to everything. The students are required to wear uniforms, which I love! Staffs are friendly, especially the principal, who is at the front gate every morning, greeting the students and parents. Most of the teachers have been very much involved and informative. Binders are sent home daily, along with journals for parents to sign. Also, the school passes out weekly newsletter so there's really no excuse for a parent not to know what's going on at the school or with your kid's classes. I also have access to Edsby to stay informed of son's progress. Lastly, I have to give props to the school's sports teams and band/music department.

Rampello K-8 Magnet School 3

Posted March 31, 2015
Like most public schools, there is good & bad. I have to agree that teachers do have VERY obvious favorites here and both of my kids have really felt it. With that being said, I'm happy w/the school overall. My kids are good students, maintain good grades & do not have behavior issues. The conduct cut system is pretty harsh BUT, those are the rules and that is what we will follow. My son missed 1 part of a 2 part hmwk question & got a conduct cut for not completing his hmwk. It's frustrating for kids, especially the ones, who really ARE doing their best. The HOST program at Rampello is horrible! My kids were coming home at least once a week with a serious bruise, cut or injury. The lack of supervision during HOST at this school is ridiculous. The winter music performance is outstanding, as are the music teachers! The most important thing is, my kids are learning. I feel like they are academically ahead of most kids their age and I've asked them each year if they'd like to transfer to my school and they always say no. They're happy overall, they're learning and the location is convenient.

Posted August 28, 2014
Rampello is bay far the best school. The teachers and administrators care about the kids. The teaching staff is second to none. I feel my children are getting a top-notch education. I am so thankful for the support from the volunteers and staff.

Rampello K-8 Magnet School 2

Posted August 25, 2014
My child attended third grade at Rampello and it was the worst experience ever. The teachers were bullies, they played favorites, were very poor communicators and always quick to blame the students for problems in the classroom. Grades were administered without any documentation to support them. We went an entire year without graded work coming home even after repeatedly asking for documentation. The administration was not helpful at all and had poor follow through. I would not recommend this school.

Rampello K-8 Magnet School 2

Posted August 24, 2014
My child attended sixth grade at Rampello. While the school's theme purports to be arts and culture, we saw very little of that focus. There are some wonderful teachers and staff at Rampello who work hard to engage the students and provide a safe, productive learning environment. There are other teachers, however, who regularly bully students with name-calling, teasing, pushing, unexplained punishments and more. This behavior is tolerated and defended by administration, and it made my child feel unsafe at school. The environment is focused on punishment, with regular lunchtime lectures from administrators and an extreme focus on conduct cuts and detention. As a K-8 school, more interaction among the different age groups could foster a sense of community and compassion. Rampello is missing this opportunity.

802 East Washington Street, Tampa, FL  33602
Last modified Rampello K-8 Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.