769 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Agree

I believe they are sometimes a little harsh with they rules and regulations. But I do understand the reasoning behind it and agree with most of it.

I love this school. My son's teacher Mrs. Vonderau and the teacher's Aid Ms. Craddock have been wonderful. They have always kept the line of communications open and have taught my son sooooo much. I can't say enough good things about them. Officer Steve...Awesome! Just nothing bad to report about this school.

Both my sons have been attending the school for a couple of years now and they love it. The location itself is convenient. It's in downtown so it's centrally located to everything. The students are required to wear uniforms, which I love! Staffs are friendly, especially the principal, who is at the front gate every morning, greeting the students and parents. Most of the teachers have been very much involved and informative. Binders are sent home daily, along with journals for parents to sign. Also, the school passes out weekly newsletter so there's really no excuse for a parent not to know what's going on at the school or with your kid's classes. I also have access to Edsby to stay informed of son's progress. Lastly, I have to give props to the school's sports teams and band/music department.

Like most public schools, there is good & bad. I have to agree that teachers do have VERY obvious favorites here and both of my kids have really felt it. With that being said, I'm happy w/the school overall. My kids are good students, maintain good grades & do not have behavior issues. The conduct cut system is pretty harsh BUT, those are the rules and that is what we will follow. My son missed 1 part of a 2 part hmwk question & got a conduct cut for not completing his hmwk. It's frustrating for kids, especially the ones, who really ARE doing their best. The HOST program at Rampello is horrible! My kids were coming home at least once a week with a serious bruise, cut or injury. The lack of supervision during HOST at this school is ridiculous. The winter music performance is outstanding, as are the music teachers! The most important thing is, my kids are learning. I feel like they are academically ahead of most kids their age and I've asked them each year if they'd like to transfer to my school and they always say no. They're happy overall, they're learning and the location is convenient.

Rampello is bay far the best school. The teachers and administrators care about the kids. The teaching staff is second to none. I feel my children are getting a top-notch education. I am so thankful for the support from the volunteers and staff.

My child attended third grade at Rampello and it was the worst experience ever. The teachers were bullies, they played favorites, were very poor communicators and always quick to blame the students for problems in the classroom. Grades were administered without any documentation to support them. We went an entire year without graded work coming home even after repeatedly asking for documentation. The administration was not helpful at all and had poor follow through. I would not recommend this school.

My child attended sixth grade at Rampello. While the school's theme purports to be arts and culture, we saw very little of that focus. There are some wonderful teachers and staff at Rampello who work hard to engage the students and provide a safe, productive learning environment. There are other teachers, however, who regularly bully students with name-calling, teasing, pushing, unexplained punishments and more. This behavior is tolerated and defended by administration, and it made my child feel unsafe at school. The environment is focused on punishment, with regular lunchtime lectures from administrators and an extreme focus on conduct cuts and detention. As a K-8 school, more interaction among the different age groups could foster a sense of community and compassion. Rampello is missing this opportunity.

i like Rampello because it a school that showcase students Right- Brain Activities and creativity in art, music,foreign language, science, math and language arts.

I go to this school and i think it is the best school ever!!!!!

I just enjoy Rampello !! The learning source is fantastic and incredible.

Last modified Rampello K-8 Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.