Posted September 30, 2014
Fabulous school, outstanding administration, dedicated teachers and staff!!!! Westchase is a wonderful school where children's individual needs are always taken into account every day. The assistant principal knows every student by name and always goes out of her way to talk to and get to know students and their families. She is without a doubt one of the most caring and supportive school leaders a school could have. I have had children at Westchase for eight years and with my oldest now in middle school I can t express how grateful I am for the education they received at Westchase. My oldest was a struggling reader in the 1st grade and with the supports and education she received throughout her years at Westchase she is thriving academically and made straight A s throughout her entire 6th grade year! I moved to the area years ago so that my children could attend this Elementary school and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made!

Westchase Elementary School 4

Posted May 06, 2014
School is quite good! Only negative comment is that teachers must be intimated by parents or teachers have no training in child bullying at this school!

Posted April 30, 2014
My son is going to Kindergarten and I am so happy with the school . Ms.Coney is his teacher and I saw him improve both in Academic and Social skills through out the year.. I would highly recommend this school

Posted April 04, 2014
My child is in Kindergarten, the teacher is great, if my child is sick I cannot convince her to stay home, she WANTS to go to school in the morning...!

Posted February 05, 2014
Westchase Elementary is an excellent school. The teachers are wonderful, the new principal is great. However, the assistant principal is always RUDE. I cannot understand why she chose this profession when it seems she does not like children at all, much less the parents. Its great that there are many non working moms willing to spend time volunteering for trivial tasks so that the teachers can focus on teaching the children. I have never noticed these cliques among the volunteers as mentioned in other reviews, but perhaps its because I don't allow myself to become involved in them?? They also have many mentors who volunteer to work with kids with various issues. Many go above and beyond to help children excel and reach their potential. I highly recommend this school.

Westchase Elementary School 3

Posted December 29, 2013
I agree with the previous reviewer. The "non-working mothers" are becoming a problem. They are very territorial and clicky, and they love to think they run the place. Why administration allows certain parents such privilege and control it beyond me. The new principal seems good, the vice principal on the other hand has always been a nightmare. She is the one that needed replacing in my opinion. This school has some wonderful teachers, but some are very rude to parents and children. The aid in the library is by far the worst, the things I have seen her say and do to children is just appalling. How she has maintained a position of authority with such maltreatment of students really leaves me questioning the integrity of the school (this is our last year). Other then that, and the entire school focusing on nothing but "test scores" while leaving out vital information the children should be learning, the school is "alright" at best. It's clean, and filled with involved affluent parents always ready to "one up" each other. I will say, I have never seen any bullying between the kids (it's not tolerated), it's just between parents!

Westchase Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
Excellent school, 5th grade teachers are very good, love this school and teachers. My son is happy, good grades, no complains, I'm happy...

Posted August 22, 2013
Westchase Elementary is an excellent school - the best in my opinion. The teachers and administrative staff go above and beyond for their students. We have had experience with 2 local private schools and I can honestly say that the public school education at Westchase is significantly better than the private school education we have experienced. The curriculum is challenging and the teachers are experienced to teach the children in a fun way and the resources that they have are incomparable to private schools. The library is great, computer programs are wonderful, after school enrichment programs are excellent...not enough space to say how much we LOVE Westchase Elementary school.

Westchase Elementary School 3

Posted June 23, 2013
The principal is kind and caring. The teachers are excellent and helpful with the kids and seem to be really invested in their future. The only one really negative thing about this school is that there is one front desk staff (short hair, salt & pepper) who signs you in when your child is late or are there to attend an activity. She's not friendly at all, & is actually rude up to the point of discriminating! I've seen her all smiles with one parent, chit chatting then easily let him go without signing him in when he said he left his driver's license in the car. Then came the next parent and she snaps at her, a young mother who was carrying a crying, sick-looking baby in one arm and another child in tow, because she didn't have her driver's license with her. She raised her voice at her and forced her to get her driver's license otherwise she would not sign in her child. What a hypocrite! Then she snaps at me too because the reader couldn't read my card right. Mr. Weaver, you've already heard other parents complain, she should not be at front desk. No matter how good you and your teachers are, she still gives the school a bad name.

Westchase Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2013
This school is excellent, until (if) you have a problem. The teachers are hit and miss, some have been incredible. We have been very unimpressed by the new teachers brought in this year. Excellent Principal, but the VP is very unsatisfactory and poorly suited for the job. Very rude and hateful if you have the misfortune of meeting with her for a problem with your child. Probably would not recommend this school. Everything is about test scores, I don't feel as if all teachers actually care for the children or have the ability to teach them creatively (not for lack of skill, but new core curriculum standards.) Some treat them as their own, while others treat them like a job. Imagine the shock your child is in for when they go from feeling so secure and happy in a classroom to downright feeling mistreated. It's horrible!

Westchase Elementary School
9517 West Linebaugh Avenue, Tampa, FL  33626
Last modified Westchase Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westchase Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top