No rating

Most Holy Redeemer School

Private | K-8

Living in Tampa

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $49,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $750.

Posted August 28, 2014

My daughter has thrived over her past two years at MHR. Through their Accelerated Reader program, her reading has advanced more than two grades above her level. It's a warm community of teachers and parents, with nice buddy systems that build mentoring relationships between the oldest and youngest students. The after school program is fantastic, and the one thing I would love to see is a summer camp program.

Posted February 26, 2014

This school has really not lived up to it's potential. My son is bored because of the low education rate. He comes home telling stories of kids showing "private parts" in the restrooms and use of bad words. He has made all "A"s while at MHR because of the work we do at home and the low education level of most of the students in his class. Today I learned that the field trip will be canceled because of the behavior of the kids in his class. Pretty sad that he is punished for the acts of other kids. My wife and I are currently looking for a new school and can't leave MHR fast enough.

Posted January 23, 2013

I currently have 2 children at MHR and 1 who just graduated from MHR. She attends a local Catholic high school. I do not believe that a parent truly knows how well a school has prepared a child until the child goes on to the next level of education. My oldest child is thriving in high school. She feels that MHR prepared her for the challenges of high school. She feels that she was taught and developed very strong study habits, note taking skills, and a strong math background . She compares her elementary education to her peers and she fells that she had a much higher level of learning then the peers had at other private/charter schools. I am so very pleased with all the skills taught to her by her teacher at MHR! My other two children are also thriving at MHR! The curriculum taught is challenging, the math, writing, and reading being taught is superior and will assist them in their high school years also! Do not hesitate about this wonderful school!

Posted September 10, 2012

This is my 20th year with a student attending Most Holy Redeemer. I could not be more pleased with the outstanding education they have received. My older children have left MHR completely prepared to succeed in high school. In addition to the excellent academics MHR has a family, nurtuing atmosphere like no where else. The children are taught values and manners. I love the new principal and the exciting changes at the school which include drama, band, and art. No parent could go wrong sending their child to MHR!

Posted March 21, 2012

Sadly enough I see it from the inside...we are losing many students and enrollment this year has barely gone beyond 200 students. We might not have an A.P. for next year as we don't have the need for one, which is very sad. The dynamics at this school have changed drastically from previous years and the nurturing and the good of the students isn't as abundant as in years past. Classes are packed and only 2 teacher aides. A lot of talk spreads through the school and teachers are fearful of being laid of/replaced and parents are showing concerns. Not sure where this school is heading after 50+ years, God only knows.

Posted March 21, 2012

We love MHR - they teach strong fundamentals and values - we have two children there and are very happy = the student/teacher ratios are not high, in fact, lower than diocesan average

Posted March 20, 2012

We are thrilled with MHR in so many different respects. Our child is thriving academically and socially. We are very impressed with the curriculum, which is structured and challenging, yet, allows a child to use his/her imagination and work up to his/jher potential. We find the teachers energetic, enthusiastic and truly wanting the best for each child. The classes are no larger than that found at any public school but there is a real nurturing yet disciplined environment that prepares children to best compete in the work world they will be entering. We are so pleased with the ideas and energy of the principal. We have found the faculty and other parents so friendly and welcoming. We are also amazed at the high level of parent support for, and participation at, the school. We are also very pleased about the number of school-sponsored events for the families to get to know each other and socialize. Last but not least, we are so pleased with how they have instilled in our child how to live, day to day, in a Christian fashion toward others. We cannot imagine sending our child anywhere else!

Posted December 17, 2011

Given time to rate this school with the new principle placed here at the beginning of the school year. Many thought that with a change in the principal, things would go uphill. Sadly enough, strong leadership is lacking and the Home and School Assoc. seems to be making the calls. The math aspect in the middle school is lacking and students are struggling, we're experiencing this first-hand. In addition, there is only one class for ALL grades except one and so classes are crammed with too many kids for the teacher to student ratio. We were told at open house this year that the school will close down and maybe move, but all that is being kept very secretively from us parents. Overall disappointed and we were hoping that change would be better. Please look at other Catholic schools in the Tampa area if placing your child in the private sector.

Posted October 5, 2010

Our son has attended Most Holy Redeemer kindgarten through 8th grade. I am consistently impressed with the level of academic achievement that the school attains, as a function of its committed teachers and faculty. In our son's 7th grade class, 80+% of the class was eligible for the Duke Talent Identification Program, and most of those eligible students took the SAT and performed at a level superior to many high school seniors. It's a real testament to the curriculum at the school and the ongoing commitment to preparing MHR graduates for high school and beyond. Outside of the academics, the school fosters a tremendously strong Christian spirit, and I am proud of the young man our son has become, largely as a result of MHR's guiding principles. We have been blessed beyond measure!

Posted October 5, 2009

Excellent school! My children attended the school and have fond memories. They were well prepared for high school. They have a supurb technology program and now also have Spanish as part of the weekly curriculum. Now that I have a grandchild there I see how the school has grown with the times.

Posted March 9, 2009

My husband attended Most Holy Redeemer and has such wonderful memories from his days at MHR. There was no question where my children would go and I can honestly say that I now understand how he could speak so highly of his elementary/middle school years. The MHR families are the best! We are one big happy family. The teachers and staff do a great job of preparing our children for the next phase. Our test scores are unbelievable. We have the highest scores in the county and our students are well behaved and polite. If you are looking for a first class education..look no further than MHR!

Posted May 4, 2007

My son attends Most Holy Redeemer and I absolutely love it! Not only do they teach them education wise, but they teach them character wise as well. I can't think of a better school around, the teachers really care!

Posted February 2, 2007

The test scores for the children that graduate from this school are among the highest in the county. This school gives my children a good blend of socioeconomic factors. Great school, good value and I would highly recommend it.

Posted February 1, 2007

Our son has been in Most Holy Redeemer since kindergarten and is now in the 4th grade. He is consistently scoring in the 99th percentile in all academic subjects, while truly enjoying a well-rounded education with a focus on the Catholic faith, community service and sports. MHR is consistently among the highest performing schools in our diocese and state. When specifically comparing the academics to other private schools in the area, even those with a much higher price tag, MHR is still far more advanced. I know my child will be much better prepared for high school and college because of the strong Catholic and academic foundation that MHR has built. I would highly recommend the school to others.

Posted November 1, 2006

This is our 10th year at MHR. While there have been many problems throughout the years, I doubt there would have been less at any other school. My three children have/will emerge benefiting from the higher academic level that private school offers, amd their spiritual growth is elevated to a degree above that which I could have imagined. There is always room for improvement,(could do without some of the projects, 'busy' work, as that's more the parents' effort) but overall, I feel we placed our children in an academically sound and nurturing environment.

Posted April 10, 2006

There seems to be negative academic issues in math and science as the kids progress to high school. We enjoyed the small school setting and smaller class sizes, but overall, the school seems to rule the children with old fashion negative dicipline rather than positive reinforcement. They spend too much time telling them what they're doing wrong and what they can't do, rather than encouraging them to higher levels of achievement and confidence.

Posted November 23, 2005

We are new parents with one child in kindergaten. Thus far have been very happy. School is small enough to be a very warm and personal environment. Parents are very involved in the school, and are required to provide service hours.

Posted January 22, 2005

The education received from this school is vast compared to public schools. This school was way ahead in all subjects when I graduated 8th grade and then went into the public school system. I became bored repeating subjects in teh 9th grade I had already done 2 years prior. If I would've known then what I know now, I would have begged to stay in Private school rather than going into a Public school.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (813) 933-3181

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of St. Petersburg

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

302 East Linebaugh Avenue