Tampa, FL
Students enrolled: ?

Most Holy Redeemer School 2

Posted December 07, 2014
My son graduated here last year. While the last several years have been better academically, the academic standards have gone down considerably specially with the implementation of Common Core by the Diocese. Furthermore, the school desperately needs new teachers and specially a better principal. This school has been renamed Mother Teresa Catholic School (MTC) and is moving to the Lutz area in Van Dyke Rd. starting in the 2015-2016 school year. Although it will be much closer to us, we are not looking to enroll my younger son back. His academic and catholic education is priority.

Posted August 28, 2014
My daughter has thrived over her past two years at MHR. Through their Accelerated Reader program, her reading has advanced more than two grades above her level. It's a warm community of teachers and parents, with nice buddy systems that build mentoring relationships between the oldest and youngest students. The after school program is fantastic, and the one thing I would love to see is a summer camp program.

Most Holy Redeemer School 1

Posted February 26, 2014
This school has really not lived up to it's potential. My son is bored because of the low education rate. He comes home telling stories of kids showing "private parts" in the restrooms and use of bad words. He has made all "A"s while at MHR because of the work we do at home and the low education level of most of the students in his class. Today I learned that the field trip will be canceled because of the behavior of the kids in his class. Pretty sad that he is punished for the acts of other kids. My wife and I are currently looking for a new school and can't leave MHR fast enough.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 23, 2013
I currently have 2 children at MHR and 1 who just graduated from MHR. She attends a local Catholic high school. I do not believe that a parent truly knows how well a school has prepared a child until the child goes on to the next level of education. My oldest child is thriving in high school. She feels that MHR prepared her for the challenges of high school. She feels that she was taught and developed very strong study habits, note taking skills, and a strong math background . She compares her elementary education to her peers and she fells that she had a much higher level of learning then the peers had at other private/charter schools. I am so very pleased with all the skills taught to her by her teacher at MHR! My other two children are also thriving at MHR! The curriculum taught is challenging, the math, writing, and reading being taught is superior and will assist them in their high school years also! Do not hesitate about this wonderful school!

Posted September 10, 2012
This is my 20th year with a student attending Most Holy Redeemer. I could not be more pleased with the outstanding education they have received. My older children have left MHR completely prepared to succeed in high school. In addition to the excellent academics MHR has a family, nurtuing atmosphere like no where else. The children are taught values and manners. I love the new principal and the exciting changes at the school which include drama, band, and art. No parent could go wrong sending their child to MHR!

Most Holy Redeemer School 2

Posted March 21, 2012
Sadly enough I see it from the inside...we are losing many students and enrollment this year has barely gone beyond 200 students. We might not have an A.P. for next year as we don't have the need for one, which is very sad. The dynamics at this school have changed drastically from previous years and the nurturing and the good of the students isn't as abundant as in years past. Classes are packed and only 2 teacher aides. A lot of talk spreads through the school and teachers are fearful of being laid of/replaced and parents are showing concerns. Not sure where this school is heading after 50+ years, God only knows.

Posted March 21, 2012
We love MHR - they teach strong fundamentals and values - we have two children there and are very happy = the student/teacher ratios are not high, in fact, lower than diocesan average

Posted March 20, 2012
We are thrilled with MHR in so many different respects. Our child is thriving academically and socially. We are very impressed with the curriculum, which is structured and challenging, yet, allows a child to use his/her imagination and work up to his/jher potential. We find the teachers energetic, enthusiastic and truly wanting the best for each child. The classes are no larger than that found at any public school but there is a real nurturing yet disciplined environment that prepares children to best compete in the work world they will be entering. We are so pleased with the ideas and energy of the principal. We have found the faculty and other parents so friendly and welcoming. We are also amazed at the high level of parent support for, and participation at, the school. We are also very pleased about the number of school-sponsored events for the families to get to know each other and socialize. Last but not least, we are so pleased with how they have instilled in our child how to live, day to day, in a Christian fashion toward others. We cannot imagine sending our child anywhere else!

Most Holy Redeemer School 1

Posted December 17, 2011
Given time to rate this school with the new principle placed here at the beginning of the school year. Many thought that with a change in the principal, things would go uphill. Sadly enough, strong leadership is lacking and the Home and School Assoc. seems to be making the calls. The math aspect in the middle school is lacking and students are struggling, we're experiencing this first-hand. In addition, there is only one class for ALL grades except one and so classes are crammed with too many kids for the teacher to student ratio. We were told at open house this year that the school will close down and maybe move, but all that is being kept very secretively from us parents. Overall disappointed and we were hoping that change would be better. Please look at other Catholic schools in the Tampa area if placing your child in the private sector.

Posted October 05, 2010
Our son has attended Most Holy Redeemer kindgarten through 8th grade. I am consistently impressed with the level of academic achievement that the school attains, as a function of its committed teachers and faculty. In our son's 7th grade class, 80+% of the class was eligible for the Duke Talent Identification Program, and most of those eligible students took the SAT and performed at a level superior to many high school seniors. It's a real testament to the curriculum at the school and the ongoing commitment to preparing MHR graduates for high school and beyond. Outside of the academics, the school fosters a tremendously strong Christian spirit, and I am proud of the young man our son has become, largely as a result of MHR's guiding principles. We have been blessed beyond measure!

Most Holy Redeemer School
302 East Linebaugh Avenue, Tampa, FL  33612
Last modified Most Holy Redeemer School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Most Holy Redeemer School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top