PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I am currently a student at Villa, and to be honest with this you, Villa is an amazing school! I have started at Villa when I was three years old. It has always been a second home for me. Villa has a great curriculum, and when you need extra help, the teachers always stay back and help us. I have never had any complaints about my fellow schoolmates or with any of my teachers. The students are kind and united to one another. Next year would be my last year at Villa. I am very sorrowful that I would eventually have to leave, but I know that I will always be part of the Villa family and that I will always be welcomed! "Once a Salesian, always a Salesian!"

The Is the 2nd child that I have had attend the school. For the 1st it was awesome. The 2nd is a completely different story. They have been less than encouraging to me in reference to my son. He is rock solid academically/cognitively; however, he struggles a little with social skills. Not because the children don't like him. They all run to him every time they see him and yell oh he's here. Look, look, he is here. And are very excited to see him. But he struggles with sharing; yet what child living as an only child doesn't. No completion at home. What faculty tells a parent to keep their child back for social skills? I can definitely see that if it were for academics. He would really be a disruption if he was held back, because again he would be going over stuff he knew prior to the EC3 program a year ago.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I haven't personally dealt with any child to child bullying. But the teacher that was less than appropriate was replaced.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

I haven't personally seen it. They like to attempt to label, which is outside of their scope, yet I don't see the accommodations.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The leadership is less than honest. Sweeping topics under the rug and talking to parents as if they are uneducated.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Prior to the January change of teachers, my son never wanted to go to school. And I hated dropping him off their. If we hadn't paid tuition in full, I would have been actively seeking another place for him.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are less than encouraging to parents.

Amount of homework: Neutral

Not enough. I realize they don't offer the VPK program, but they could still get along as if they did.

Develops character: Disagree

Have had one child pass throw and graduate and maybe it was because the school had a different leader/principal, but my youngest come home with an attitude and speaking of things he gets from cliques

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Not just among students either. Some staff bully students in clas. Things don't disappear because you throw them under the rug or have it handled childishly by the counselor. Thermwe are serious issues in our societies causing kids to take their likes.

Last modified Villa Madonna School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8