PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Villa Madonna is a wonderful school! My kids love it! Teachers are caring and nurturing. Curriculum is great and teachers are constantly in communication with parents to support the continued growth and learning of the students. The faculty and staff truly care about my children. They are not just a number at Villa!!!

I am currently a parent with two children enrolled at Villa. We couldn't be happier with the school. Our children love going to school every day! There are so many incredible reasons why we believe in this school. Academics, athletics, prayer, small class sizes and extracurricular subjects are the obvious reasons why we chose Villa. However, the true care and affection the faculty, staff, and administration show my children is the reason we STAY at Villa. Each faculty, staff, and admin member shows genuine care for each and every student in the school. The family environment is so prevalent that I do not spend a moment worrying about my children when they are dropped off for the day.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are fantastic! We are blown away by the attention to detail and open lines of communication!

I am a Villa parent, and have been for more than 10 years. I have had nieces and nephews at Villa for almost 20 years. I am appalled to read the last few reviews as I am very involved at the school and know many parents in several grade levels. It is truly and amazing and warm place!The Sisters are nothing but forgiving, encouraging, and joyful. They and the teachers work tirelessly to help each child find their individual spirit - honestly. I am sorry to hear ANYONE had a bad experience - but none of the bad reviews are true for me or anyone I know. If you want to know for yourself - go visit. Villa is a beautiful place!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

You can email the teachers with concerns at ANY time - I have always gotten a response the same day! There are some really dedicated teachers and I am very happy with my children's education!

Amount of homework: Agree

My children always have homework, but less than an hour. The Literature teachers encourage them to read nightly and the Math teachers give a few problems from what they are learning. There are projects once in while but it has always been manageable.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Villa Madonna develops honesty and integrity in its students by daily prayers, Religion classes, and the classroom culture created by the teachers. Love the teachers!

This school has gotten worse over the years and I've been around for about 10 years. It used to be good along time ago but the current principal is the problem along with the teachers. You have children leaving the school because they're getting bullied but they haven't done anything about it. They're so quick to think its the obvious people and believe the people they favor but it's actually those people who are the bullies. There is also a lot of racism going around in that school and my child comes home telling me students are shouting out inappropriate things in class and the teachers aren't doing anything about it. My child also complains how the teachers are gossiping and insulting the children in front of their faces, what kind of Salesian school is this? My child told me they have the teachers evaluated and the principal has to sit in the class but what good is that going to do? My child told me the teachers tell them to be good before she comes in. The principal can't be that dumb to realize that all the teachers are acting like they teach their class normally. Then you have teachers who teach what they want and not what the curriculum says. They're always asking for money because they're using it for the wrong things and the current principal is terrible. She's raising the prices for everything without a reason. You're better off sending your child to public school and saving your money because I'm pretty sure you probably learn less from here.

Villa Madonna claims to be a "family oriented, and Salesian school", but they don't know the first thing about that. My child has come home numerous times crying because the teachers made fun of them in front of class. The teachers talk about how gossiping is wrong, but it seems like that is all they do. We've been coming to this school for 5 years, and honestly it's just gotten worse. The food is terrible, the staff is terrible, there isn't really anything enjoyable about this school. Lastly, the teachers feel it is their job to force their opinions on my child. I want them to grow up as a strong and opinionated individual, which I have know doubt they will, but the way staff treat my child almost scares me, because I think of how that might not happen. Save yourself some money and enroll your child into a public school. I know I will do that next year.

We've been part of Villa Madonna for sometime now, as we've had one child graduate from there several years back, but this year we noticed that as the administration changed, so did the values, teaching, and communication with families. It has gone from a loving environment to more of a dry, business-type run school. Our child comes home with talk of things(drama, bullying, screaming by teachers) that are happening in other classes and kids just allowed to talk in their class while the teacher is teaching. We hope that the Salesian Sisters in New Jersey have taken notice of this change and that something will be done to attain a better grasp and have Villa Madonna be represented as it was before.

Last modified Villa Madonna School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8