PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Villa Madonna School 1

Posted December 04, 2015
This school has gotten worse over the years and I've been around for about 10 years. It used to be good along time ago but the current principal is the problem along with the teachers. You have children leaving the school because they're getting bullied but they haven't done anything about it. They're so quick to think its the obvious people and believe the people they favor but it's actually those people who are the bullies. There is also a lot of racism going around in that school and my child comes home telling me students are shouting out inappropriate things in class and the teachers aren't doing anything about it. My child also complains how the teachers are gossiping and insulting the children in front of their faces, what kind of Salesian school is this? My child told me they have the teachers evaluated and the principal has to sit in the class but what good is that going to do? My child told me the teachers tell them to be good before she comes in. The principal can't be that dumb to realize that all the teachers are acting like they teach their class normally. Then you have teachers who teach what they want and not what the curriculum says. They're always asking for money because they're using it for the wrong things and the current principal is terrible. She's raising the prices for everything without a reason. You're better off sending your child to public school and saving your money because I'm pretty sure you probably learn less from here.

Villa Madonna School 1

Posted December 04, 2015
Villa Madonna claims to be a "family oriented, and Salesian school", but they don't know the first thing about that. My child has come home numerous times crying because the teachers made fun of them in front of class. The teachers talk about how gossiping is wrong, but it seems like that is all they do. We've been coming to this school for 5 years, and honestly it's just gotten worse. The food is terrible, the staff is terrible, there isn't really anything enjoyable about this school. Lastly, the teachers feel it is their job to force their opinions on my child. I want them to grow up as a strong and opinionated individual, which I have know doubt they will, but the way staff treat my child almost scares me, because I think of how that might not happen. Save yourself some money and enroll your child into a public school. I know I will do that next year.

Villa Madonna School 3

Posted June 17, 2015
We've been part of Villa Madonna for sometime now, as we've had one child graduate from there several years back, but this year we noticed that as the administration changed, so did the values, teaching, and communication with families. It has gone from a loving environment to more of a dry, business-type run school. Our child comes home with talk of things(drama, bullying, screaming by teachers) that are happening in other classes and kids just allowed to talk in their class while the teacher is teaching. We hope that the Salesian Sisters in New Jersey have taken notice of this change and that something will be done to attain a better grasp and have Villa Madonna be represented as it was before.

Posted February 11, 2013
Great School! It is run with love and a care for the children with an excellent academic program. After 6 years at a South Tampa Catholic School we made the move and could not be happier. The enviorment is nurturing and everyone is made to feel like family. The children have IPads and work with online books both in class and out.

Posted October 28, 2010
Third generation in our family now in attendance. Villa is one of the finest schools in the Tampa Bay area. Great principal, great teachers, and great staff. Only one complaint - wish they had school through 12th grade so we don't have to find a high school after 8th grade graduation!

Posted February 03, 2010
Great school! Teachers, administrators, support staff, and lunch room ladies are excellent professionals that care about every child. Teachers teach the child not the subject. The nuns teach and are always watchful and nurturing. Discipline and rewards systems are in place and work! I give it an A+.

Posted July 16, 2009
My children transferred into Villa Madonna last year from another Tampa catholic school. They love it and so do we. The academics are far beyond their former school (they had a lot of catch-up to do when they started). The principal and assistant principal are strong leaders. The teachers are helpful, well-informed, young, and energetic. Class sizes are small and technology is more advanced that most of the other elementary schools in Tampa (public and private).The nuns care. There is disicpline for everyone, and everyone is treated fairly. We wish we would have sent our kids here fromthe start. Villa really is the best kept secret of Tampa!

Posted May 24, 2009
I'm a former student at Villa Madonna. It's such a awesome school. They actually teach you and when you need help or you have missing assignments they tell and give you advice. The sports are fabulous and so is the music program, they have a band and choir etc.I went their in 6th grade and I wish I went their sooner!

Villa Madonna School

Posted April 03, 2009
I am a student at Villa Madonna and have been going for 7 yrs.I think its the best school I could ever go to. The teachers really care for the students and there always at your side when you need help. The education is great and its like a real family. They treat everybody with respect. If you dont understand something, the teacher will help you happily. They are on top of our school work and if were missing an assignment they will tell us. There can be no better school I think.

Posted November 06, 2008
Absolutely the best private Catholic school in the Tampa Bay area! A commited, concerned, caring teaching and administrative staff who puts children first. Second generation attending and looking forward to the third generation to follow!

Villa Madonna School