Posted February 17, 2014
My family feels very blessed to be part of the CKS family! This is a wonderful school. We have been attending Christ the King for the past two school years, and my children have all grown academically and spiritually. Having spent a couple of years in the public school system, I can tell you, there is no comparison. I feel so strongly that when my children graduate 8th grade, they will be far more advanced and prepared for high school and college than if they would have remained in public school. It is definitely a sacrifice to pay tuition, and absolutely worthwhile to provide a strong educational foundation for our children. What's even more important is that Christ the King is centered and focused on our Catholic tradition, love for God and service to others.

Posted November 22, 2013
Fantastic in every way! I have witnessed first hand the love and commitment the faculty and staff have for the children at Christ the King. The team of impressive educators work diligently to provide students with an appropriately challenging curriculum in a safe, nurturing environment. My children are encouraged to be their best each and every day--academically, spiritually, and socially. The parental involvement is truly amazing. The facilities and equipment are modern and top-notch! My children are exposed to state-of-the-art technology on a daily basis. CKS has a wide variety of extracurricular and after-school activities and programs....robotics club, chess club, you name it! As a military family new to the Tampa area, our entire family has been welcomed into the CKS family with open arms! Christ the King School is a true gem!

Posted November 04, 2013
I am so happy with how well organized and academically sound Christ the King School is! The faculty and administration are dedicated to the academic development and faith formation of every student. The teachers work together to plan interdisciplinary, creative lesson plans and all of their lesson planning is transparent and consistent between classes of the same grade. CKS has an independent curriculum with the support of the diocese in with a beautiful facility and campus to educate our children. The environment is loving and nurturing with good structure and discipline. CKS is one of South Tampa's gems.

Posted November 04, 2013
CKS is a stand-alone school based on test scores, environment and tuition. Our family has been a part of CKS for 8 years. Numerous changes have occurred during that time and the school has transformed from good to exceptional. The test scores and high school entrance exams prove it academically, and well rounded teenagers move seamlessly on to high school. CKS and it's community have been a wonderful fit for our entire family. I particularly appreciate that parent involvement is strongly encouraged, as much as you are willing to give. I have first-hand knowledge of the day-to-day environment, not second hand information. CKS is a nurturing environment and I was truly surprised at the less than positive reviews I read. My children have been happy students. My middle schooler, who studies and prepares independently, actually said he feels a sense of accomplishment managing and mastering his challenging course load. The faculty and staff prepared him well. My husband and I are truly thankful of the friends and families at CKS- we've never had concern they would be exposed to something our family would find unacceptable.

Posted November 04, 2013
Christ the King has far exceeded all of my expectations as the parent of two children attending the school. The students are challenged academically, but also taught in an extremely nutrturing environment. Graduating students are accepted to the premier secondary schools at an extremely high rate and the students are better prepared than their peers for the rigors of high school and college. The school does an execellent job of providing an integrated curriculum that meets both scholastic and spiritual needs of my children. I would highly recomment Christ the King for any parent looking for superior academics provided in a faith based setting.

Christ The King Catholic School 1

Posted October 15, 2013
Not-at-all impressed. Disappointed. I don't understand the family support influence. I see no support. Staff seems OK, but, again, just not impressed.

Christ The King Catholic School 1

Posted September 10, 2013
Aside from the fact that this school lacks socioeconomic or ethnic diversity, it is widely known for its bullying problems. If your child is slightly different, they will be picked on. I caution anyone considering CKS to look beyond the "Blue Ribbon" and ask around. I wish we had.

Christ The King Catholic School 2

Posted March 22, 2013
Focus is on raising money while ignoring big issues such as bulling. Math is lacking without proper foundations making it difficult for 8th graders to get into IB programs.

Posted February 07, 2011
Absolutely phenomenal school. I could not be happier with my children's development. All of the children in our neighborhood go to private schools ranging from most expensive to those percieved to have the best academics. My children are more advanced and are working the same skill-sets as children in the other schools who are in one grade higher. Teachers are amazing and families incredibly supportive. I would not transfer my children even if offered free tuition at any other private school in South Tampa.

Christ The King Catholic School 0

Posted November 09, 2010
Where once there were nuggets of excellence, now there is a solid foundation of it at CKS. The response from 2007 noting poor leadership is no longer valid. The "ethos of continuous improvement" is not just talk.. We have a new Pastor who is vibrant, energetic & outstanding! We have now have a forward thinking administration, faculty is motivated, changes are great & the direction is fantastic. Children are encouraged to be all they can be, are recognized & applauded for behavior that comports with the school's mission statement, & are taught to the whole person. Coursework is integrated to some degree to help reinstill their lessons. Testing numbers are exceptional when compared to other schools within this Catholic Province. Children learn the academics & are challenged by the invaluable Enrichment program. CKS nurtures respect, responsibility & reason. The PTC helps make it so - involvement helps to steer change!!

Christ The King Catholic School
3809 West Morrison Avenue, Tampa, FL  33629
Last modified Christ The King Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Christ The King Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top