PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Review the policy and get to know the students and parents when taking the tour.

It was a very disappointing experience for our family.

Amount of homework: Disagree

A lot of busy work seems to get assigned at CKS. It may or may not help the students learn. I tend to agree that it can cause kids in the early years to get discouraged and give up on school before they have a chance to learn the basics. I think an emphasis on classroom control and reading is more important.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I know the school has a very strict bullying policy, but I have heard stories over the years, so I am really not certain how strongly the policy is enforced. We have not had to deal directly with this. . .yet.

Supports LD students: Neutral

Our family has not had any experience with this side of the school, so I am not certain.

Develops character: Strongly agree

When it was time to enroll our daughter in Kindergarten, she was attending a well known pre-k 4 program in our area. I asked one of the teachers "You know all of these kids and you know all of the schools. Where would you send your child?" Everything she said about children from CKS was correct. They are smart, caring, well-mannered and respectful.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have had nothing but an amazing experience with all of our teachers at CKS. They are faith-filled, knowledgeable, dedicated professionals.

Amount of homework: Agree

I am a bit mixed on this one. Students at CKS have A LOT of homework. My third grader on average has an hour a night. Recent research shows that homework for this age group is ineffective and may negatively impact their family life, relationship with school work and academics. I understand the need to practice, but we may be bordering on excessive.

My family feels very blessed to be part of the CKS family! This is a wonderful school. We have been attending Christ the King for the past two school years, and my children have all grown academically and spiritually. Having spent a couple of years in the public school system, I can tell you, there is no comparison. I feel so strongly that when my children graduate 8th grade, they will be far more advanced and prepared for high school and college than if they would have remained in public school. It is definitely a sacrifice to pay tuition, and absolutely worthwhile to provide a strong educational foundation for our children. What's even more important is that Christ the King is centered and focused on our Catholic tradition, love for God and service to others.

Fantastic in every way! I have witnessed first hand the love and commitment the faculty and staff have for the children at Christ the King. The team of impressive educators work diligently to provide students with an appropriately challenging curriculum in a safe, nurturing environment. My children are encouraged to be their best each and every day--academically, spiritually, and socially. The parental involvement is truly amazing. The facilities and equipment are modern and top-notch! My children are exposed to state-of-the-art technology on a daily basis. CKS has a wide variety of extracurricular and after-school activities and programs....robotics club, chess club, you name it! As a military family new to the Tampa area, our entire family has been welcomed into the CKS family with open arms! Christ the King School is a true gem!

Last modified Christ The King Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8