PK-9|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted November 17, 2015
FCA's focus on serving God is the main reason we chose to enroll our child at this school. The family atmosphere is irreplaceable. Academically, students are challenged with excellent curriculum and high expectations, but not at the expense of the joy of learning. Standardized testing is an element of assessment but NOT the focus - a HUGE "plus" for me! I feel completely at peace saying goodbye to my son every morning when I leave him at school because i know he will be interacting with adults who care about him in all aspects of his character and education. No school is perfect, but because each member of the staff and faculty believe in God and are striving to serve Him, the result is a rich learning environment full of love, caring and sacrifice. FCA goes above and beyond to minister to the whole child. We love this school!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 17, 2015
Principal Lynn Wade is a strong leader who holds himself and all school personnel and students accountable to high expectations in their walk with God and in their continuing work in education. I am very thankful for his vision and his determination to make Florida College Academy an example of integrity in both moral and academic excellence in schools across America.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 17, 2015
Teachers are caring and patient with students. Students perform at high academic levels and are well-behaved and respectful. Teachers are well-qualified and hard-working.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted November 17, 2015
My son is in Pre-K and does not receive homework on a regular basis. The homework that has come home has been relevant and appropriate for my son's learning.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 17, 2015
Each staff and faculty member strongly believe in caring for the whole child and serving one another in love. I observe this in conversations and actions between teachers and students and between colleagues.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 17, 2015
Each faculty member believes God is the focal point of life. Therefore, high moral standards are always present.

Posted September 22, 2015
Our experience at FCA has been everything we would ever have hoped for our children. It is as close to a "perfect" situation in almost every way. At first glance, it doesn't appear to be "much of a school" from outward appearances. But once you are inside, you notice a distinct difference from other schools you've probably been in! The kind and friendly environment is warm and inviting. Teachers are smiling and greeting you, students are smiling, laughing and greeting you. You can't help but smile and want to be a part of it. Our children have grown to love, respect and admire the faculty that sacrifice so much to teach there. It is obvious they are there because they LOVE to teach and are committed to it in every way. They also enjoy being surrounded by other students who love to sing in chapel, and who WANT to do the "right thing". They feel safe and loved. When I drop them off for school, I don't worry about them - I know they are in a safe place. A place that will love and protect them just as I would. Academically, the average grade level is learning 2-3 years above the national average! I am confident my children will be able to transfer anywhere and continue learning at the pace established at FCA. When I think of the opportunity we have had to attend here, it fills my heart with joy and pride. It's not a perfect place, but no place is perfect. The difference is, that when issues do arise, they are dealt with, and promptly. Any parent looking for a great place to send their children....should check here!

Florida College Academy 3

Posted March 19, 2015
It's an okay school but can use improvements in academicsband fairness. It is not academically challenging.

Posted June 06, 2014
A wonderful school both academically and spiritually! Both of my children have loved their teachers, are challenged academically and are in a very safe environment. Mr.Wade is an amazing principal with many years of experience in the public school system and leads this school well. We wouldn't want our children anywhere else.

Posted February 27, 2014
Our family has been very pleased with Florida College Academy. My child has attended for almost 3 years and been challenged with the curriculum and has thoroughly enjoyed all sports and activities. The Christian influence is very positive and the kids have an overall well rounded and safe environment. The Principal is an outstanding leader and fosters open communication between teachers, parents and children. I would recommend FCA to any family looking for a school for their child.

7032 Temple Terrace Highway, Tampa, FL  33637
Last modified Florida College Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-9
Florida College Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top