School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The greater the light, the bigger the shadow. It is often said that when you are blessed to live in the realm of extraordinary, expect the shadow to emerge...our hope and prayers for this person, (whoever you may be ??) is to sincerely wish him/her an abundance of peace, joy and happiness throughout life. Feel free to call us at 813-961-3087 to learn more about our extraordinary school. Thank you.
August 12, 2015

Corbett Preparatory School of IDS

Posted August 12, 2015
- a school leader

Corbett Preparatory School of IDS 1

Posted August 09, 2015
I sent my child there because they promised that my child would exceed and become very bright. Instead she learned nothing. The teachers are very nice. But the bullying at the school is awful. The dean tells you what you wanna hear and doesn't change anything! I switched to another private school. I switched to CDS because they say the same thing. And they didn't lie. They helped my child exceed. Now my daughter is graduating with a scholarship. CDS has proven what a good and educational and safe environment school is. I highly suggest not to go to Corbett Prep. It's not worth the money. If your still interested in private schools, check out CDS.

Posted May 04, 2015
We have been a Corbett Prep family for five years and currently have two children attending. I love so many things about CP, but what I love most is that my children can choose to live outside the box. I've had the conversations with many friends that all middle school parents have... fitting in, peer pressure, balancing social development with academic achievement. What I hear often is that it is difficult to do at other schools what Corbett Prep students have every opportunity to do: be multidimensional. My child can play softball, take advanced math, sing her heart out in a musical theater production, enroll in a computer programming class, and plant vegetables after school all in the same trimester. And why not? Isn't this the time to try it all? To discover a talent or develop a new passion? I feel for the kids who are boxed into a group and shown where their boundaries are at this young age! At Corbett Prep, my kids are discovering all of their dimensions, taking risks that prepare them to fail and rise in the future, and teaching them to step forward and shine in their own skins, as unique, confident individuals who are ready for any challenge. Thank you Corbett Prep!

Posted May 04, 2015
There are so many positive things to say about Corbett Prep that it is difficult to know where to start. If you want your child to have authentic, hands-on learning experiences instead of sitting through lessons that serve only to teach them how to take a test, then this is the place for you! Every child can showcase his or her own strengths while exploring a variety of interests and talents through the specials, electives, after school activities, sports, music/dance/theatre programs, etc. The parents and students here form a huge community, and CP will become your second family!

Posted May 04, 2015
Amazing school, fantastic teachers & staff....really a unique educational experience. My two children have blossomed, and I have been so impressed with how the school really caters to the individual learning needs and strengths of the individual child. Cannot recommend this school more highly!!!!

Corbett Preparatory School of IDS 1

Posted April 30, 2015
We have chosen not to submit a review on this school until we had experienced some time in another local school. When we first went to Corbett Preparatory (IDS at the time), we were captivated by the school's alleged brain-based research agenda, the active faculty-parent relationship, and the campus. Additionally, the before/after care program and summer camps are a true help for any working parent. However - 5 years later - we regret our decision to send our children there. While we had the choice of any private school in the tri-county area, we chose CPS because we truly believed in it's alleged academic performance. Now that we have spent time in a local top school, we have learned that our children - although gifted - were dramatically behind in reading, writing and math. We had heard of this happening to other students who left CPS to other schools but never believed it until it happened to us. We have had to endure top academic tutoring just to get our children on level with peers. We are incredibly disappointed with our experience, especially considering that we paid full tuition and donated heavily. Look elsewhere if you wish your child to truly be a well rounded student.

Posted February 05, 2015
The teachers are passionate about what they do, inventive, and the emphasis is on each and every child. An IB school, it has state-of-the-art technology and every year it seems my kids have a teacher that is just as wonderful as the last year. There are plenty of opportunities for public speaking and by third grade it seems that every child is comfortable with and well able to get up and speak to an audience. This school truly does develop the entire child, in an atmosphere of respect and values. Middle school has been amazing. The variety of clubs and electives helps develop many aspects of my child. The English, math and science team are all seasoned professionals who work well as a team to coordinate the child's progress. There is an excellent technology class where the kids learn many platforms and skills far beyond the normal computing skills. I feel my children have been challenged and best of all, they are happy, safe and nurtured at school.

Posted December 10, 2014
So far we have been at Corbett for 3 years (PK-3, PK-4 and Kindergarten). I can't speak to anything higher, but if it's at all like our 3 years so far, it will be fantastic! My daughter loves school and has learned so much. Her teachers have each been so great at understanding her unique strengths and areas for growth and have pushed her to grow in ways I never imagined. If you want a traditional school which focuses on standardized tests and filling in boxes, as well as simply regurgitating facts, Corbett is not the place for you. The kids are fully engrossed in a topic and live it, not just learn it! I am consistently blown away by how well-rounded the focus is...on the whole child. Arts, athletics and extracurricular activities are emphasized as well as character building, community connections, and social skills. All schools have issues, and Corbett is not exempt, but any issue we have had has been addressed immediately and directly. I have always felt that I could be honest and forthright with any concerns I have. We love it here!

Posted November 13, 2014
Our son is in kindergarten at Corbett Prep and is growing by leaps and bounds! He loves coming to school in the morning and tells us all sorts of stories at night about what he is learning. His reading and writing has improved tremendously, and he is so proud of himself. The school emphasizes STEAM and the teachers know how to get the kids excited about and involved in their lessons. We also love the performances. Every child has a chance to perform, which has helped our son's self confidence and increased his interest in the arts. We're so glad we found this school!

Posted September 07, 2014
This is by far the best school in Tampa Bay. Amazing teachers, supportive environment, great parents, and caring administration! I have two graduates, and one more in middle. Wish they could all stay at CP!

Corbett Preparatory School of IDS
12015 Orange Grove Drive, Tampa, FL  33618
Last modified Corbett Preparatory School of IDS is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Corbett Preparatory School of IDS Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top