Posted September 07, 2014
This is by far the best school in Tampa Bay. Amazing teachers, supportive environment, great parents, and caring administration! I have two graduates, and one more in middle. Wish they could all stay at CP!

Posted September 06, 2014
Great teachers, great curriculum, wonderful Specials including music, drama, dance, art, PE, Spanish, Computer, Library, Intramurals and Chorus. Access to an extraordinary Community School of the Arts for phenomenal performing & visual arts programs. Students develop poise, confidence and presentation skills beginning in Pre-K3 all the way through 8th Grade. Our family is blessed to be a part of the Corbett Prep Community!

Posted September 06, 2014
Our family has 3 children at Corbett. Our oldest son went to our local, A-rated public school from K-5th grade and we made the decision to go private for middle school. After his 6th grade year, we loved this school so much that we moved our 2 younger children to Corbett also. This school focuses on developing the whole person, not just teaching to a test to keep that A rating. They challenge those students that are advanced and work with those who need extra assistance. Kids are exposed to the arts through drama, music, fine arts from pre-k through 8th grade. Sports opportunities are plenty. Each one of my kids are so different and have different strengths and interests. Corbett Prep meets each ones needs. Teachers give 110% always and WANT to teach and WANT to be there. My only regret is we didn't have our kids go there from Pre-K!!

Posted August 28, 2014
We have two children who attend Corbett Prep. I can't say enough about how impressed my wife and I are with the entire school. From the admissions personnel to the office staff to the classroom teachers to the parent volunteers, everyone has been exceedingly friendly and helpful. This is our children's second year at the school and they are completely IN LOVE with it. Academically, we are extremely happy to this point. We have not had any problems with teachers communicating with us about progress AND problems with our children. The school set high standards and expectations in the beginning and have, in our opinion, lived up to every bit of it. Would definitely recommend this school to anyone interested.

Corbett Preparatory School of IDS 1

Posted August 27, 2014
Having both of my children at Corbett Prep/IDS for many years, I can tell you first hand that the school has some serious issues. The teachers are wonderful and the parents are very involved. There is a serious bullying problem and after many many parents have complained to the headmaster, Joyce Swarzman and the board of directors, NOTHING has ever been done. Dr. Swarzman is very good at" Lip Service" meaning she will tell you what you want to hear to your face just to make you happy, but will not take action for any problems from students, teachers, faculty, etc. We pulled both of our kid out of Corbett Prep and put them in public school for the first time where they THRIVED and EXCELLED. Unfortunately both of my kids were severely behind in math. I spoke to a former CP/IDS parent who is a professional tutor and she also said that her kids (and many CP/IDS) kids where/are lacking in math skills. The school is a very nice and fun school with a great performing arts program, unfortunately Dr. Swarzman is running it into the ground. Beware of the education that your high $$$ tuition is getting your child. I would NEVER send my child or any child there because of the headmaster.

Corbett Preparatory School of IDS 1

Posted August 27, 2014
Both of our children have attended IDS/Corbett Prep for many years and thanks goodness we saw the true issues within this school and were able to move our kids out quickly. This school has severe bullying issues! If you fund the school enough your kids can get away with anything they want. Teachers unfortunately are told to turn the other way and so will staff if the parents are large supporters of this school. Not only are there bullying issues but safety and security issues within this school. Your kids are not kept safe!!!! There is no bullying policy, no nurse on staff as ALL public schools have and the school is a free for all!! Please do not waste your money on a school that is not going to keep your child safe or give them a strong academic education!! Our kids were straight A students at Corbett Prep and got to the public school system and had challenges with academics. Very unfortunate!!!! Take a look at older posts that were truly written by some parents that have been very unhappy before making a decision. All of the fluff written from parent's below may or may not be accurate. The Hair's

Posted August 27, 2014
Having one child graduate from Corbett Prep and another child soon to graduate I have only admiration and loyalty for the faculty and staff. The teachers as well as Dr. Swarzman are alway available to assist myself or my child 24/7. The faculty have gone above and beyond on many occasions for my children. Our oldest child has now moved onto an IB high school and is thriving socially and academically. CP gave my child the knowledge, self-confidence, organization and study skills to excel in high school. Our current child loves sports over academics, the facility is always there to assist my child to stay on track, being responsible for the work and feeling great about themselves. We have attended other private schools in Tampa and have other then ever seen a school where the headmaster will personally call you back even on the weekends. The faculty are the most caring individuals I have ever met. They go the extra mile to get to know you and your family. Which is rare for any school now days. CP has changed the way my children learn, study, organize their time and especially how they feel about themselves. My kids are winners thanks to Corbett Prep of IDS!!!

Posted July 21, 2014
With our oldest daughter getting ready to attend college, we decided to cut costs by sending our second-grader to public school. At such a young age, we figured he could adapt to any school setting, which he did, but not without some consternation. Curiosity about a new school helped allay some of his concerns about leaving Corbett Prep. But as the school year progressed, so did his dismay. Not that he didn t like his new school, he liked Corbett Prep more, and asked periodically if he would be able to go back. Unfortunately, there were no more spots available at the beginning of the year. Persistent, whenever he would see the headmaster, Dr. Joyce Swarzman, he would tell her how much he missed Corbett Prep. Before the school year ended, Swarzman found a spot, making Alex one happy little boy. Asked why he was so insistent on returning to Corbett Prep, he said he enjoyed the range of special courses art, drama, music and Spanish - offered to elementary students and, learning is fun there. Ladale Lloyd and LaSonja Smith

Posted May 05, 2014
We recently switched from the public school system and are thrilled with our decision. I love the fact that my children are receiving Science and Social Studies through hands-on activities in the primary and intermediate grades. These subjects were rarely taught at our previous school, yet the subjects they most enjoy! They come home talking about the experiments they observed or new concepts learned.

Posted May 05, 2014
I have lived in Tampa my whole life and always heard that IDS, the name of Corbett Prep at the time, was the very best. Now that I have two daughters, my wife and I decided to give them the very best...a Corbett Prep education. I can say that the school lives up to every expectation and the reputation it holds. What wasn't expected is the friendships with other parents, who we now consider a part of our family. If you are looking for a school that just does book work and then sends the child home, this school is NOT for you. If you want a school that developes the whole child, shows them how to be leaders, and challenges them by always raising the bar...consider Corbett Prep as your best investment. Thank you to the teachers who make the difference and the staff that supports their every need to ensure that my children get the VERY BEST.

Corbett Preparatory School of IDS
12015 Orange Grove Drive, Tampa, FL  33618
Last modified Corbett Preparatory School of IDS is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Corbett Preparatory School of IDS Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews.