Posted April 02, 2015
All of my children graduated from Bayshore Christian. They were well prepared for college after graduating. We have recommended the school to several other families that have enrolled their children. Bayshore Christian sports program Is very competitive and does very well for a school its size. Leadership does very well trying to build the school. Just like any Christian school, there are a few bad apples that need to adjust to the Christian atmosphere. This takes time. Bayshore gives students an opportunity to find themselves spiritually. Realizing that children will make mistakes and are not perfect, I think Bayshore Christian does a very good job preparing them for the future. There are some parents that feel Bayshore does not do a good job because staff does not allow them or their children to control the school. Some of these families and students have been dismissed. Obviously if a family or student has been dismissed, they are naturally going to be upset and give the school terrible ratings. Ignore those ratings. Bayshore Christian is doing everything to maintain there Christian standards and striving to improve day by day. This is an excellent school.

Bayshore Christian School 4

Posted February 24, 2015
My children attended BCS last year and we were very, very happy with the school. Both of our children grew academically and spiritually. I have recommended BCS to other parents, especially military families, as the school is very welcoming. I found the teachers and administration to be very courteous, professional and excellent in education. My only recommendations to the school would be 1) the school needs to be fenced in for security purposes (although all doors do remain locked during the day... it's just an old Florida feel with an "open to the elements" campus like so many Florida schools have). 2) I wish the school had a better fine arts program, like an after school band, orchestra or choir. Other than that, we were so, so, so happy there. My kids loved the chapels and their teachers! If we ever move back to Tampa, I will be re-enrolling my children at BCS! As a side note, BCS now offers program for kids with special needs in partnership with another local school. This other school rents space on the BCS campus, so if you have a typical child and a child with special needs, they could all go to school together! How wonderful is that!

Posted February 20, 2015
Be warned! Ever since their current Head of School started, this school has been burning bridges left and right. That is why this school keeps shrinking. If you want a family atmosphere, there are plenty of much better private school options in the Tampa area, including Christian ones. This school was the worst ordeal of my child's life.
8 people found this helpful

Posted February 05, 2015
I am a parent of a pre-schooler as well as a teacher who has a public school background of 10 years. I am impressed by the level of caring the teachers and administration demonstrate for the students' overall well-being at this school. Academically, I'm witnessing my child flourish and learn at an incredible rate. As an educator, I see the curriculum as well-rounded and rigorous. It is a school that will certainly prepare your child for college. Most importantly, however, is the environment BCS offers its students. It's a place that truly feels like family. I believe that how a student feels at school is an integral part of their academic success. Combine an excellent curriculum with a loving and caring staff and you've got a recipe for success. You will not find that combo in the public school system. Yes, public schools have excellent teachers. I'm proud to have called many of them colleagues. But when a school has 2000 students in it, it's hard to feel the sense of connection and community that BCS offers. Can't put a price on that.

Posted September 12, 2014
If you do not return they may lock your records and not send them to another school. Be careful before you chose this school.
7 people found this helpful

Posted August 22, 2014
Our entire family, children included, love this school and we look forward to many years to come. Both the teachers and the administration of the school are amazing. The head of the school is passionate about the welfare and comfort of every student and any issues that have come up have been handled efficiently and professionally. The number one focus here is our children s education. All the teachers we have encountered have gone above and beyond for their students. Communication is a priority for this school, not only for the parents, but they keep the students informed as well. One of the things that makes us feel so comfortable with this school is the longevity of the teachers and knowing that this is a legacy school. Many of the teachers that are here have been here as students and their children are here ,and or, came here and now their children are here as well.

Posted May 27, 2014
Poor academic curriculum. Administration is very closed minded and intolerant. They should be ashamed to call themselves Christians!
7 people found this helpful

Posted March 10, 2014
Bayshore Christian School was a horrible experience for my family. My daughter was an honor roll student each of her 5 years there. She also had great behavior marks. Bayshore expelled her because they did not like her parents believing in evolution. I was called in the middle of the week and told my daughter was never allowed back because of my personal beliefs on evolution and the age of the Earth (which they teach is only 4,000 years old). My daughter suffered emotionally being torn away from her friends in such drastic circumstances - a week before Christmas holiday began. The new administration has purged other children from the school. I only hope this latest inquisition does not continue. There is nothing Christian about psychological damage they are doing to innocent children.
8 people found this helpful

Posted January 23, 2014
Love this school!! The best deal in Tampa. My three kids call it their "home away from home."

Posted December 11, 2013
Bayshore Christian School has gone through 5 heads of school in the past 6 years. The academic curriculum uses A Beka books which teaches Christian Dominionism and Young Earth Creationism. There seems to have been an exodus of sorts of faculty and students in recent years. We were very dissatisfied with the quality of education our child was receiving. When we brought this up to the teachers and administration there were no positive developments. Our child no longer attends and is receiving a much better education at a free public school.
5 people found this helpful

Bayshore Christian School
3909 South MacDill Avenue, Tampa, FL  33611
Last modified Bayshore Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Bayshore Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top