Posted August 24, 2014
Tampa Adventist Academy is wonderful school where the love of Christ can be seen throughout. From the front office staff, to the teachers, to the maintenance workers and aftercare providers an exceptional, high level of Christian compassion for the students is displayed. I have worked at this school for several years as a volunteer and am continually delighted by the quality of the staff, families and students. The students are respectful, appreciative and polite. The families are committed and supportive. The staff excels as dedicated, caring professionals. The absent "fifth star" in my rating is only because of the aging facility. This challenge is not being handled lightly, as great plans for the continuance of this school in a new facility are currently being prayed over and planned for. As of 2014 this school has operated continuously for 97 years in six different Tampa locations. God has greatly blessed the Christian families of the Tampa Bay Area with this wonderful school that provides a quality educational experience.

Posted August 07, 2014
At first view, the school is a bit run down. But the outside is not an indication of what is happening inside the school. My daughter has been a student there for two years and has had excellent teachers. Her teachers care about her inside and outside of the classroom. They go far beyond to connect with each and every child individually and teach to their strengths. The teachers infuse every fiber of their classrooms with Christ, which is the whole reason we are at this school. The curriculum is top notch and challenging, yet developmentally appropriate and the creativity of the teachers brings out an excitement in my child. She comes home wanting to "teach" me all that she has learned. The school is small enough that it feels like a family. As I walk my child down the hall, teachers pass and greet her by name. She is not a number and she just shines as the teachers call to her by name. I would highly recommend anyone passing by to stop in and see for yourself.

Posted August 04, 2014
Tampa Adventist Academy is a truly Christian school.. My children have attended there since 2009 and I am actively involved on campus. My student's teachers always go out of their way to give extra time and attention when needed. They live the example of handing troubles to the Lord first. Granted, the facilities need to be improved, but the building does not equal the quality of the school. I would recommend TAA to anyone who wishes to a quality, kind, strong Christian education!

Posted August 04, 2014
I am amazed every year by this school. My son started in prek and is currently in the 10th grade. He took a practice SAT in 9th grade and scored very, very well! He has been taught by the great staff here and where ever he goes, I get compliments! TAA has helped him become the great young man that he has become.

Posted August 04, 2014
Tampa Adventist Academy is a small private school that offers the best of everything. The teachers are fantastic and always go the extra mile to ensure the success of the students. The school offers a rigorous athletic program for all ages. My child has attended this school for numerous years and I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a fantastic school.

Posted August 04, 2014
My child has been at Tampa Adventist Academy for 12 years. I was shocked to read one of the previous reviews state that they experienced racism. My child is biracial and her race has NEVER been an issue at TAA, neither with the teachers nor with her peers. The diversity at this school has always been, in my mind, one of their strongest assets. I've always felt that the common bond the students share, in being Christians (many of which are Adventists), is able to transcend race, because we are all one in God's family. My child has received a well rounded, holistic education there. She has had teachers who are top notch and have cared about the growth of her character and her salvation as much as her academic growth. Academically, she's had the privilege of having a strong foundation that I am confident has prepared her for the future. But their holistic, well rounded approach is really what brings all the separate pieces of her education together and in my opinion, above par. Tampa Adventist Academy has been a great blessing to my child and our family. It's our second home.

Tampa Adventist Academy 1

Posted May 15, 2011
This is by far the worse school we have ever dealt with! For this to be a Christian school, the principal does not exemplify a Christian character at all. He tries, but a true Christian can see right through it. At this school we experienced racism & discrimination. The principal did absolutely nothing about it because he was a part of it! He is unfair in his treatment toward students as well as some teachers. We've seen many students & teachers come & go under his leadership. It seems that most of the good teachers have left what was once a great school (before the current horrible leader). I definitely would not recommend this school to anyone if you are considering this school. If you ever visit school, they make a really good first impression, but what is to follow after being there for awhile is not worth wasting your time nor sacrificing your child's education! If you are looking for a school that is warm, cares about it's students, family friendly & where your child can get an excellent education, TAA is not your choice!

Posted February 26, 2010
very caring and compassionate. This is a rareity now in days regaurdless of the reglion this school is worth investing in. the teachers are all soft spoken and know how to relate to children and communicate well with them. the sport programs are awesome and i love the fact they included gymnastics.

Posted March 23, 2009
Great christ-centered school with high quality and academics and dedicated teachers who care about their students on a personal basis.

Posted February 23, 2004
A Very caring schoool. One of the best kept secrets of Tampa. Outstanding teachers.

Tampa Adventist Academy
3205 South Westshore Boulevard, Tampa, FL  33629
Last modified Tampa Adventist Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-10
Tampa Adventist Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top