Bad
Good

I would not recommend this school to anyone. The school is filled with Old Tampa families who do not know when it is time to move on. The mothers live vicariously through their daughters, and take the drama of their daughters into their own relationships. The teachers only focus on the "average student" and offer no support for those who want to truely excell. There are not enough honors or AP classes offered for those who wish to challenge themselves. Many of the teachers are not state certified and are poor educators. To make-up for the lack of faculty, the students have been given iPads. In addition, the honors and regular classes have been merged together into one block. A vast majority of the girls either go to FSU or UF for college, before moving back to tampa to become a classic Tampa Mom. In my experiance this school is not worth the the tuition, time, and drama.

I can honestly say this school met my standards and helped me exceed for my future....Great school!

AHN! Was the best experience I could have ever had. The close-knit family environment cultivates learning and optimal growth. The sisterhood built is undeniable. I am so appreciative of all the sacrifices my parents made to ensure that I received a stellar high school experiencce~

As a student of the Academy, I am proud to say that I feel that I have excelled in various ways since my first day. The all-female environment helps us, as students to express our thoughts and ideas without criticism. The teachers encourage free thinking which allows us to grow and explore. Yes, sometimes the rules seem ridiculous and a teacher may not agree with something, but then I remember that it is all training for life. Proper dress, discipline, and sometimes keeping opinions to yourself, are imperative aspects of everyday, adult life. I love this school and all of my classmates. I enjoy my classes, sports teams, and clubs, which encourage me to be active always. An Academy girl is athletic, intelligent and kind. She is friendly to all and has sisters for life. I have 357 sisters and that's the greatest gift that Academy has given me.

Last modified Academy of the Holy Names High is a Private school that serves grades 9-12