Tampa, FL

Carrollwood Day School 3

Posted August 24, 2015
I attended this school for 12 years. I was the first Indian student at this school, and I had a very ordinary experience. Honestly, the elementary and middle school years are very easy and not challenging. I regret not attending public school for the first 8 years. Perhaps the worst part about this school is the administration. Money runs the school. If your parents donate money to the school, you will obtain awards and gain extra privileges. That being said, the high school has amazing teachers, which was the only reason I stayed there throughout my four final years. As for college preparation, I am currently attending the University of Michigan but I can thoroughly say that the reason I got in was not due to the college counseling I received at the school. During my sophomore year, I was unjustly blamed for something that I never did and was constantly questioned about it by the administration. This led to thoughts about transferring to Hillsborough High School's IB program, which I regret not doing to this day. Overall the teachers and the small classes are a huge positive, but the administration really did not make my experience at CDS for the 12 years I was there very positive.

Posted August 03, 2015
As a parent, I am THRILLED with CDS. My child has been going there for about 11 years now (since Pre-K) and loves it. The teachers are absolutely amazing! The IB Program has brought so much to this beautiful and kid friendly school. The enviorment of the school is outstanding. Right when you enter the school, there are beautiful trees and plants and there's a beautiful lake view on the field. The educational program at this school is spectacular. My child's grades have improved every single years. Now she gets all A's in her classes. And the sports program is awesome! My daughter is a soccer lover and absolutely loves the soccer program. The NO-BULLYING POLICY at CDS is awesome. My daughter has never came home and told me about any bullying. All the principals are fantastic. They are always there when my daughter has questions or is in a tough situation and needs some calming down. The head of school is so kind. And the events at the school are so amazing. Every time I walk out of one, I am already excited to go to the next one. The field trips CDS provides are awesome, educational and fun. I don't know what these other parents are complaining about. CDS is the school to go to. I highly recommend this school. And my daughter also loves the school mascot, Riot the Eagle. She tells me about the pep rally's and all the dances and cheers Riot does. And his awesome grand entrances in the auditorium. I can tell you one thing, the auditorium reminds me of a theatre. Many seats and a beautiful stage for the performing arts program and assemblies. It may be expensive, but the prices are worth it. I suggest CDS for your child, because of its enviorment, excellent education, caring teachers and principals, and all the new memories and friends your child will make.

Posted May 20, 2015
I think this school does a great job with character education, provides solid IB learning experience, community focused, great parental involvement, plenty of after school activities, and overall a great learning experience for the children.

Carrollwood Day School 1

Posted May 05, 2015
We attended CDS for several years, I was very disappointed on many levels. The sole reason we left our child there for as long as we did is because he had many friends from childhood. This school is nothing but a money business and DOES NOT care for the child as an individual. The school has had a previous problem with extortion and horrible teachers, the administrators looked the other direction, even when it put children at risk. Besides taking your money and patting themselves on their back. The graduates that attend ivy league schools are virtually non-exsistent. This school charges an exorbitant amount of money so they can groom my child to go to USF?? No thank you. The children are not socialized for the real world, they are coddled and babied, to a disadvantage. I would advise any prospective parent to run as far away as possible from CDS.

Posted March 18, 2015
Ok so the person right below me saying that someone in the admissions department was disorganized is completely wrong. The admissions department is great, and they are not rude at all! At least you could have explained more, that is a very general remark you made there.

Carrollwood Day School 4

Posted February 21, 2015
Great international education, passionate and friendly teachers but myself and other parents have discussed mutually experiencing a rude, belittling and disorganized admissions person. Other than that this place is phenomenal!

Posted May 29, 2014
I can not say enough wonderful things about this school. The teachers and leadership are absolutely fantastic. The staff show so much care and concern for the overall well being of the children. The IB program is phenomenal and the way they integrate real word into the classroom couldn't be better. The staff really care about all students and families. The students are exceptionally well behaved. The school prides itself in molding children to be good stewards of our environment, to have high moral character, and to be respectful. I'm so happy we chose CDS.

Posted October 08, 2013
I am writing this review because my family moved from the Northeast last year and, having one child in elementary school, one in middle school and one in h.s., I was appalled by the academics in the FL public schools. I had never considered private schools before but I needed an alternative. We explored every option but fell in love with CDS. I was still very worried that it would not be worth the money. Having been there for 2 months now, I can say that is absolutely is! When they tell you that they care about the success of your kids and that they encourage critical thinking, they back it 100%. I have never been at such a school where they listen to the kids, parents, and actual research on what works best. My kids are so happy with the small environment and I walk out of there so impressed every time I attend a school event. The academics are challenging but not overwhelming. Every teacher cares about making the kids better thinkers. The heads of the school are very involved and caring. Technology is integrated into the classrooms. Creativity and that extra effort is evident in the teaching. I feel like my kids will be fully prepared to succeed in college and life.

Posted September 27, 2013
Carrollwood Day School is for you if ... your expectation is that your child will receive a fantastic college preparatory education, that your child will be held to high standards in academic performance and moral character, and strongly encouraged to explore the world around them. Our children have been provided with wonderful opportunities outside academics too ... athletics, arts, leadership and community service. CDS has joined us (parents) in giving them the "tools" they need for success in the future. Our kids have made so many great friends and relationships ... we know their future looks bright.

Posted April 13, 2013
As a parent, I am thrilled with how CDS is preparing all students for an ever-chaning world! There are many exciting initiatives occurring at CDS and the recent announcements regarding college counseling, additional principals, etc., only reinforce CDS is poised for even greater heights! Well done CDS!

Carrollwood Day School
1515 W Bearss Ave, Tampa, FL  33613
Last modified Carrollwood Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Carrollwood Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top