PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

I thoroughly believe this is the best Islamic school in Florida. After memorizing the Quran while attending this school, I took my standardized exams(SAT and ACT), and scored among the top percentile in each. This school has not only prepared me for college, but also the afterlife. The school's wonderful teachers are unrivaled by many schools in this country.

Out of both public schools and private schools, UAF is definitely the best school in the Tampa Bay Area in order to become thoroughly prepared for the challenges that one may face in college. Currently, UAF offers a large selection of AP classes in subjects such as Biology, Physics, Psychology, English, and History. Students also have the option of taking classes at the local community college or through Florida Virtual School. In addition, this school has prepared me to do well on the SAT, ACT, and AP exams. What is unique about UAF is that aside from the emphasis on academics, there is also an emphasis on Islamic teaching which will benefits students in their daily lives, for the rest of their lives. Overall, I am overly satisfied with my experience at UAF and truly encourage everyone to attend UAF! -Submitted by a Student

I attended this school for 11 years and I loved it. I think it is a great school and it get better and better every year. However, as soon as your child reaches the 11th grade, pull him/her out of the school. My senior year at the school was a complete waste of time. The Principle didn't care about us the way she did the rest of the school and the superintendent did not know a single one of our names. They act all tough and mighty but they are really worthless. Put your child in a public school for senior year. But, for the rest of the time, let him/her into UAF.

I taught there for 3 years. It was an amazing experience for me. The students are very bright. The teachers are very dedicated. The staff works hard and is there for the benefit of the students. I am proud of how far it has come in such little time. If I hadn't moved to another state, I would still be fully committed to the school.

My kids have been at UAF for ten years now. They love it, I love it! The curriculum is more intensive and surpasses the public school curriculum. They are adding more and more AP courses with every year. This year 87% of scores were 3 or higher on the AP exams. That is a better percentage than almost all local area private and public schools. UAF FALCONS ROCK!

I hopefully will not have to ever see this school again. The discipline is terrible, with stupidity and immature behavior just being a part of the atmosphere. Is it a good environment? Maybe, but this small advantage is greatly offset by the lackluster teaching and poor academics. There is no diversity whatsoever, certain pupils are given preferential treatment, and I wouldn't advise anyone to choose this school for their child, especially past the 5th grade.

Last modified Universal Academy Of Florida is a Private school that serves grades PK-12