Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My two children attended Montessori Children's House, and my older daughter went through all three divisions. They both received a wonderful education, which prepared them fully for their next educational step - attending one of the top preparatory schools in Tampa. The culture at the school is unique and wonderful. It places great emphasis on kindness, manners, empathy and a life-long love of learning, all things that my daughters continue to display. The teachers are wonderful and the school leadership is strong and consistent. Our family loved our 8 years at the school and would highly recommend MCH to others.

I had two very different children attend this school from ages 4-12. We had a wonderful experience due to strong school leadership, great discipline, and a big emphasis on kindness, manners and earth conservation. One of my children was gifted, the other had LD issues which the school accommodated proactively and to the fullest extent possible. Both children placed above average at an exclusive private preparatory school in the area after the MCCHP experience. I would not only do it again, I wish we were still there!

My daughter attended MCH from age 3 to age to age 12 - she thrived during her time there. I really appreciated the culture in the school - it was a safe and nurturing environment in which to learn. I did have some reservations about how she would transition from the Montessori method to another school However, I was worry for nothing - she did very well in the SSAT's and was accepted to all 3 of the top private schools in Tampa that we applied to. The education she received was excellent - I can't recommend MCH enough!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I was not aware of any incidents of bullying at the school during the 9 years. I believe the culture at the school would immediately address something like that if it did occur. The school develops and supports empathy for others.

Supports LD students: Agree

The Montessori method is particularly suitable to adapting to an individual child's needs.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The school has a strong leadership team that has been consistent with no turn over in the past 9 years.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The culture at this school is fantastic, over 9 years there wasn't one incident of bullying or other issues to cause concern. Of course, there were challenges along the way, but the school treats them as opportunities to grow and develop and learn to appreciate another students point of view. I'm extremely proud of the young woman my daughter has become and believe that the foundation she received at MCH is a key element of her character today.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter went through all three classes and she loved all of her teachers. Teachers are engaged and genuinely interested in each child and their particular talents and needs.

Amount of homework: Agree

The children receive homework most nights, but its manageable and often involves parent engagement as part of the process.

We moved from out of state to Tampa and wanted to continue our child's AMI certified Montessori education. Our child attended at age 4 and I was greatly disappointed by the experience. The school was disorganized, crowded and the atmosphere was intense rather than joyful. The focus seemed to be entirely educational rather than on play and everyday living activities. My child regularly complained that it was crowded and did not want to attend. My child would bring home 5-6 continent books a week, but did not understand what was being reproduced. It seemed all work and no play. My child had a minor issue arise with another student during the second week at school and the staff's handling was so intense my child was brought to tears. Then I was told about the incident in detail in the car line in front of other parents and my other children. The school also lacked an emphasis on the environment - both in terms of the calmness and beauty of our surroundings (which I love about the Montessori classroom) and in terms of recycling (especially surrounding lunches). Also, the pick-up/ drop off takes place in an alley shared by other businesses and is not safe. For a price tag of $10,000.yr., this school leaves much to be desired.

Last modified The Montessori Children's House Of Hyde Park is a Private school that serves grades PK-6