PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Good value and great Christian education. Fine Arts competitions, spelling bees, and educational field trips.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Anytime issues arise administration will pray with student and counsel. The majority of the time the parent is not even called and teachers have to deal with problems over and over again.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Elementary and most of high school teachers are excellent.

I have 2 children in Citrus Park Christian School. We had tried several other Christian schools in the area and in Clearwater, but they were not a good fit. We love Citrus Park because Mr. Yellets, the Principal is very involved and very accessible to parents and the children. We also love the school because the teachers are excellent and very caring. They also have many extra curricular activities like honor choir, cheerleading, sports, spelling bee competition, musicals and much more.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers have been great. They communicate well with the parents and are very kind and caring with the children. The teachers always make sure you can communicate with them easily.

On top of paying tuition you have to clean the school on weekends. School is average.

Overall, we have been very happy at CPCS. Academically my children are doing great and love the school. My biggest concern is with the Athletic Director and Athletic program. There have been several ADs while my children have attended both middle and HS. The current AD is the worst I have experienced. He does not communicate or keep parents informed of athletic events. We often do not know what is going on with athletics. It seems the ball has been dropped on numerous occasions. I have heard many parents with the same complaints. It would be nice to see a strong athletic program to compliment this great school.

My son has been at Citrus Park since the 6th grade. He's had an amazing group of teachers who have us coming back this year to start the 8th. However, despite teachers who care and a wonderful Christian curriculum... I finally see what many of the older reviews say... a solid Christian school, but an administration that does not care about the lower school...evidenced by the fact that my son and many in his class endured terrible bullying that was tolerated for far too long. After a year of teachers and parents complaining the administration admits that there should have been an earlier intervention, but that doesn't negate the effects on my sons self esteem or the fact that he could have gone to public school for free to endure what he has been through. If it were not for the excellence of teachers who genuinely care we would not be returning. Luckily the bully was expelled, but sadly the later part of the 6th grade and the first 2 semesters of the 7th radically effected the entire class and nearly half of the small class will not be returning this year. Like the previous student wrote...I also do not agree with mandating each family to 20 annual service hours of cleaning OR be forced to pay an additional $200 a year above the tuition. I sincerely think its in poor taste because forcing the policy diminishes charitable giving. I am sure that people would participate if it wasn't mandated. I want to be able to donate my time because it reflects good stewardship...not because its a forced policy. That does not speak to my Christian heart. We are hoping for a better year.

Through my elementary years at Citrus Park, I learned to love the Lord and do the best that I can for the glory of God. I learned that loving others is how we show God's love for them. In middle school, I learned that there are kids out there that aren't living for God, and at my small Christian school, we were incredibly sheltered from the world outside of the campus. From watching my sister graduate and experiencing it firsthand for a year, I realized the secondary levels of our school were lacking. Many teachers care for their students and put in extra time for them. Many teachers love their students so much and genuinely care for their spiritual being. Other teachers could care less. Others teach to get paid and do not teach because they love what they do. I also became aware that it is very true what other parents have been saying. Many decisions made by those put in authority are biased and unfair. Parents who have all the time in the world can afford to help the school, but children who having two working parents that are barely home can't do that. I feel as if the administration doesn't fully respect that and expects every parent to contribute several hours of volunteer hours and many donataions on top of the so many thousands that they have to pay for tuition along with the fees they have to pay for textbooks. Through my years at Citrus Park, I have come to see that there are staff members who love the students, and there are staff members who love the students' money. I pray that our school changes somehow and they remember the love of money is the root of all evil.

I love CPCS. I have 3 children and for 11 years we've been part of this school. The teachers are qualified and love the children. We are very happy here!!!

Last modified Citrus Park Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12