Trinity School For Children - Lower Division

Charter | K-5

Posted July 20, 2011

My son graduated from Trinity this year, he started there in the 6th grade and I am forever thankful! He recieved an education that he would not have recieved in public school, yes you had to pay money and be involved but you are told this up front before you even enroll your child. He graduated with honors and has 2 high school credits. If Trinity had a high school my son would still be going there, we will miss all the teachers and administration. I highly recommend Trinity they really are about education and a lot of hands on learning. The parent involvement is a must with any school or how else will you know what your child is doing?

Posted July 1, 2011

I have 2 children who attend Trinity and I have to say I would never change that! The atmosphere is amazing and everyone from faculty to parents are wonderful. I have recommended Trinity to several friends and will only continue to do so! GO TORNADOES

Posted April 27, 2011

I have a child at Trinity and am very pleased with the entire program. My child receives the most caring and loving attitude from the Principal to the Staff. The Principal greets the children in the morning, as i witness them running into the school building with a big smile. The teachers are caring and loving and always go the extra mile. I have read the other terrible reviews and am wondering; "Is there something more to this ? I have not observed what these parents are complaining about. Every time we take our children on field trips other people comment on how well behaved they are. I am not sorry I brought my child to Trinity!!!!! I am spreading the word about this wonderful place.

Posted February 7, 2011

I am so glad I moved my children from this school. The school definitely does have a lot of parental involvement, but the academics are severely lacking. This school focuses more on having fun then learning. My children started this school ahead and ended up being behind regular public schools by the time we left. Administration is cold and uncaring. The enhancement money is spent wastefully. The students are unruly. What this school claims and what they actually do are polar opposites.

Posted January 13, 2011

Our family loves Trinity. For the most part, parents that don't like Trinity just complain because they don't get "their" way. Trinity makes families involved in their kids education . . .why is that such a bad thing? However, we have had 1 bad teacher and when i spoke to administration about it they were very helpful and supportive.

Posted January 12, 2011

my children attend northwest elem which is a highly rated school with a supportive administration. My children are happy but I am perplexed. I was told by a 5th grade teacher that grammer is not graded . My children both A and B students cannot spell well. I dont recall many spelling tests in 4th grade. Grammer is a part of writing folks. I am not asking for perfection but this is important . I often wonder if the school rating is more of their concern. More A B students more funding.

Posted January 10, 2011

My children attended Trinity for 5 years. I had been happy but started to notice many problems: inexperienced faculty who had very limited ideas on how to teach and no idea how to handle discipline, very detached administration, unrealistic homework assignments both in quantity and level appropriateness, etc. We withdrew our children during last school year and what a difference. Had I known what wonderful neighborhood schools I had I would have NEVER gone to Trinity. Immediately my chldren were placed in gifted programs and challenged correctly. The teachers had constant feedback for me and they KNEW how to teach to different learning styles. I am thrilled with my neighborhood schools. The $500 enrichment fund that Trinity recommends is ridiculous. The school asks for more and more but are very wasteful. They have no storage area but are too quick to throw out good things. I have salvaged so much from their dumpsters. I am so pleased I moved my kids. They cried and fought the move but now they thank me often for moving them.

Posted December 13, 2010

My experience at Trinity has been a very positive one. My children have really done well and am i glad that i choose Trinity for my family. The school does ask a lot in terms of participation and that is not for every family but we enjoy being very involved in our child's education.

Posted December 13, 2010

I am a staff member at Trinity and i enjoy working their for many reasons. The administration is very supportive and the students and families are great to work with. I understand that not every student and family will "love" the school but i find that it has been a great experience for me. I am sorry that people (students and families) had a bad experience at the school . . . we truly do care about each student and family but Trinity is not the right "fit" for each student. We value parent and student feedback and as teacher's we always will try to improve.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 8, 2010

I was so disappointed with this school. I had heard such great things about it and how wonderful it was. My son attended for 6 weeks this year and it was awful. I understand the philosophy of the school and how they want the kids to work together in groups. But it was just a big chaotic mess. Lots of yelling, running around and craziness. How can a child focus and learn in such a situation. I am glad we withdrew our son.

Posted September 7, 2010

Trinity has been the best choice we ever made for our son. The staff did everything possible to get our son enrolled on such a short notice. I did take some time for him to get use to but he showed great improvement. To hear our son ask to go to school everyday is amazing. I greatly recommend this school.

Posted July 14, 2010

I am very disappointed with Trinity. The faculty is very weak and the administration is always moving the teachers around from one grade level to another. They send home progress reports but they are never up to date. The projects are not grade appropriate. The children learn little from them. We are not returning and are sad we ever went .

Posted July 4, 2010

I have been an elementary school teacher for 34 years. I feel like I am more than qualified to evaluate your school. In the beginning I was very pleased with Trinity. In the second semester, my child started to have academic problems. For awhile you worked with me. As time went on you slowly stopped. Weekly progress reports when to almost none. I concluded that my child did not fit the "Trinity Mold". From my standpoint you gave up on my child. Shame on you. It is people like you, who gave educators a bad name.

Posted June 29, 2010

The academics leave a lot to be desired and the teaching style is not really aptly applied . Was promised the world during our initial tour; sadly much was talk and not true. The administration is very autocratic, not listening or wanting suggestions or ideas from parents. To quote"if you don't like it, then leave." Parental involvement IS high from the PPA clique. This school is all about who you know or are related to- they don't treat all students fairly. SO sad and very disappointed. "There is no place like Trinity." Thank Goodness!

Posted June 13, 2010

We were very disappointed with the school. The school stopped giving weekly progress reports at the beginning of March.

Posted June 7, 2010

My child has just completed her 7th year at this wonderful school. She is starting 6th grade in the fall. I have had the most wonderful caring teachers every year. This is a true hands on learning school, true to the bank street program. The school requires parent involvement which I love, you actually get to know the parents and children you child is going to school with. I feel so fortunate my child has had this wonderful experience.

Posted May 20, 2010

I am a proud Trinity parent and I am very happy with this school. The faculty communicate to you in a direct and very clear manner the credo, the fees, the parking situation, and how they run the school - prior to your signing your child up to attend. I like that because you know exactly what to expect. My daughter is learning things in first grade that my nephew, who is in the 5th grade public school, is just now learning. In the 3 years she's attended this school, we have not had a bad experience with a teacher or faculty member. I believe the teachers do an outstanding job. In addition, I like that parents must be involved, too. You and the teacher can then work as a team to challenge your child even more.

Posted May 19, 2010

This school sucks. If you don't pay your enhancement fund your child is discriminated against. There are a handful of really great teachers there, but for the most part the teachers there do not care about children and are clearly only there for the paycheck. I would not recommend this school to anyone. Save yourself a lot of frustration and look for a different school. If someone would have told me this ahead of time I could have saved myself alot of irritation.

Posted March 8, 2010

I am parent at Trinity and I am extremely happy with the teachers, academic program, facility etc. I am very unhappy with the clicks on the school board and the parking line. There are some simple ways to improve upon the parking but the adminstration would have to be open to suggestions to make them.

Posted December 1, 2009

The staff and teachers are excellent and professional. Our children are happy and are learning a lot.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

77 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "B".

Asian 2% 3%

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 1%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2402 W Osborne Ave