Trinity School For Children - Lower Division

Charter | K-5

Posted December 1, 2009

The staff and teachers are excellent and professional. Our children are happy and are learning a lot.

Posted August 22, 2009

I attended Trinity for all 10 years that it has been open and am very sad to say that I had to leave this year. I graduated with a 4.0 and with 3 high school credits before I even left the school. It is a wonderful school that builds a well rounded student. They teach us that academics comes before extra curricular activities. The sports teams are fantastic, we have an undefeated football team and also offer basketball,volleyball,soccer,softball,baseball and have an awesome cheerleading team. I cant say any thing bad about this school and strongly suggest to you that you enroll your child.

Posted February 5, 2009

i love trinity the teachers are nice and im getting very imprssive grades

Posted December 14, 2008

this school is horrible i went there for middle school and now im in highschool this school is horribleeeeee

Posted August 19, 2008

Trinity is amazing. They offer so many classes and electives. Im in all of the honors classes in the 8th grade. Once I finish this year, I will have 3 high school credits going into the 9th grade.

Posted June 8, 2008

I've been to Trinity since it has started and I have to say, the staff and teachers were very kind and they prepared me for high school. Now I'm in advance classes.

Posted May 27, 2008

Trinity is a charter school and does not get 100% funding from the county. It is run very much like a private school and therefore requires money from outside sources to stay afloat. I feel like my child is getting a private school education for next to nothing. Yes, we pay fees and money for field trips, but I am not paying near to what private schools tuition costs for those fees. As far as the gym, yes again, they need money to help build a gym. I think that people who want a toally free education need to stick to a traditional public school because Trnity will indeed cost some money out of pocket. I feel fortunate my child is attending school there.

Posted April 3, 2008

After reading the other reviews, I am wondering if they are writing about the same school. We had an awful experience. My son is worse off for having attended Trinity. The school is so political. There is favortism with staff member's children as well as children of large $ contributers. They nickel and dime you to death. $5.00 for this $10.00 for that. You will spend thousands per year in fieldtrips on top of $500.00 per year per child so called 'donation'. They do track this and if you fall behind, you will receive bills, so I am not sure if why they call it a ' donation'. They are now asking each family for $1,400.00 to build a gym. Stay far away from Trinity. The more I learn about the school, the more thankful I am we no longer attend. I wish I would have had this advice.

Posted September 14, 2007

I had two children in Trinity. The youngest was in Pre-K for two years, the oldest was in Kinder and 1st. We have since moved to Colorado. In hindsight, we are extremely pleased with Trinity. Our kids love their new school, but often reminisce about how great Trinity was. Learning is fun there, and our kids entered their new schools very well prepared in reading, math and science. Our youngest is way ahead of many other kids. By the way, in colorado neither pre-k nor full-time Kindergarten are the norm, as kids start Kinder part time here. So we really think that Florida's full-time Kinder and Trinity's full time pre-K were awesome. Great Teachers, excellent principal. We miss you, Trinity!

Posted July 16, 2007

I recently graduated form Trinity as an eighth grader and as much as Ioved my years there Trinity can become quite expensive for my parents and in my opinion could use a little more space and administrative involvment. Trinity lacks a cafeteria so in my case we ate near the Science Labortory and also does not hav a gym. Parking is a big in convenience it can become very crowded. I attended school there for 2 years and nevere met the principal and i saw her a total of 5-6 times. As much as I appreciate the teachers and what i learned from them I wasn't tremendously impressed with the school overall.

Posted June 4, 2007

Trinity is a phenomenal school. My daughter just completed her first year at the school (kindergarden) and I am highly impressed with the academics. She is very advanced thanks to the great curriculum and dedicated teachers. The community at Trinity is great and I can not say enough good things about the school!

Posted May 8, 2007

What Trinity lacks is organization and sincere administrative involvement. I volunteered over 100 campus hours this year (not including pick up/drop off), and saw the principal on campus 3 times. There's ittle consideration for parents. Parking is terrible. A stairwell project caused campus traffic problems and blocked the only covered entrance for 6 months+. Lower school starts much earlier than other elementary schools (7:45 a.m.). Parents are severely nickeled and dimed, almost daily! This can add up to thousands if you have 2+ children! Most events are during school hours which is tough if you work. Kids feel excluded if their parents cannot attend. If you're a parent that cannot volunteer or donate often, don't choose Trinty. However, I have no complaints about the academics thanks to wonderful teachers. Trinity offers many specials including art, music, and Spanish. The children attend many field trips and have plays in the library almost monthly.

Posted April 26, 2007

Trinity is a great school with a lot of potential as long as it keeps focused on the foundation it was built on. It would be nice to see more respect for the Trinity dream. There are a lot hardworking believers at Trinity--let's say thanks and support them.

Posted August 27, 2006

Parking is awful, drop off and pick up are awful, be prepared for thousand dollar field trips and hundreds of dollars for school supplies (like a $25 gift card to Lakeshore Learning? Is that really a school supply?) Test scores are low, class size is high, the school grade has dropped. The principal is rarely seen. I would never suggest this school.

Posted June 23, 2006

My 4 year old is in Pre-K there, my 6 year old is in Kinder. This school is awesome. As a former teacher (highschool), I am extremely impressed by how they managed to keep my kids interested in the classes and subjects, sothat they were both begging to do homework and learn. Pre-K is not just baby sitting, itis a full 6 hour class and the kids worked on counting, reading science etc and they love it. My 4 year old was able to read by the end of his first year in Pre-K, he will go to his second year of Pre-K already able to read, and Kindergarten completely literate. My 6 year old kindergarten aged child learned to read there and devours books. They were both sad when summer came. They look forward to next year. The teachers are excellent! We love them all!
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted May 10, 2006

Trinity School for Children was a lifeline for my child. When she enrolled as a 2nd grade student she was reading below grade level. She was painfully shy, and had very little interest in education. The Staff and Administration has made her evolve personally as well as academically. She now thrives on excellence! The curriculum interrelates real world occurrences in their learning experiences. The students regularly participate in field studies. The field studies are designed to link classroom instruction to events and functions that take place in the world. This concept truly makes learning much more interesting, fun and memorable for the student.

Posted April 4, 2006

I feel that my son has really flourished at Trinity, thanks to some very caring and involved teachers. I do however have a few issues with the school administration. Parking is a huge problem and nothing is done to make it easier for the parents. The Admin is very disorganized. School grade was an A now it's a B- no answer as to why.

Posted February 18, 2006

Quality of the academic program: moderate - It seems the school's original philosophy has changed, and they now have sacrificed quality individual teaching for a larger volume of students. Thus more students, more classes per grade and less attention for the ones that need it the most. Availability of extracurricular activities: Excellent Level of parent involvement: Excellent, although it seems like its the same people getting the job done

Posted February 9, 2006

I have two children that are in K and 1st grade. The teachers are passionate about their work and take the time to get to know each of my children, always pushing them to acheive more. My kindergartner is reading and my first grader is studying multiplication because she is ready. These teachers individualize the curriculum, the principal met with me the same day I asked to talk to her and my children are happy and learning. This is a phenominal place. I am eternally greatful to the faculty at Trinity and the leadership of their principal, Madeline O'Dea.

Posted January 22, 2006

this school has no structure and several students have gone backwards in curriculum after attending the school for 2 or more years.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

77 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "B".

Asian 2% 3%

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 1%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2402 W Osborne Ave