Posted November 20, 2014
I'm only rating this school a 1 star bc you can't rate it a 0! It was the worst decision of my life and continues to haunt me sending my child there! Thought it was better than pubic schools but I was completely wrong. The education there is actually under that of public schools. Not to mention all they care about is how much money you can give them and raise for the school. They are 150% about money. Not the safety or child's needs. I honestly can't wright enough bad things about the school because this only allows so many characters. Just beware! My poor child was traumatized from this school. They need a lot of reality checks or they won't make it long.

Posted November 06, 2014
I had two children graduate from Trinity and my experience was awful! Starting with the office staff which are rude and useless. A parent can walk in and stand there for minutes on end before a staff member acknowledges their presence. There is so much favoritism that goes on in this school that it's shameful! At first I thought it was just me that noticed it, but after reading the reviews below I can see that I'm not the only one who feels that way. The only reason that I kept my children there was because they came from a private school and I felt the transition would be better than if I had enrolled them in a public school, I was wrong. The bulling that one of my daughters encountered was terrible and the teachers would sometimes even instigate it. I would not recommend this school to anyone!

Posted September 26, 2014
This school is a joke. The upper school "nurse" is a "bully". Rude to the students, and doesn't acknowledge the parent's existence. I've invested too much time and money in this school. My advice, run! There's better.

Posted August 28, 2014
Should not be Considered a Charter School.... Poor test scores, poor curriculum, Does not have tools for elementary above level students, unorganized, Principal does not come out of her bubbe glass office unless you are a major $$$$ contributor to the school. I agree with the other parents she should have retired a long time ago. School administration has no direction. I agree with the BULLYING... out of control at Trinity. Some Parents are horrible, if you don't belong to the click, they will not even acknowledge your hello's... No worries here, I say hello to eveyone even if you don't acknowledge. You will always receive a friendly smile from me. On a positive note... There are a hand full of teachers that do care and do actually teach...and I do see alot of parent involvement. I take my child to all field trips and see many other parents participate... I am looking for another school at this time, that has the tools to help children exceed academically and held back because of lack of teaching.

Posted August 28, 2014
Should not be Considered a Charter School.... Summary: Poor test scores - poor curriculum - Unorganized - Principal has no Parent involvement unless you are a major $$$$ contributor to the school. - BULLYING... out of control at Trinity. - Un politeness of Parents are horrible, if you don't belong to the click, they will not even acknowledge your hello's - We are our childrens mentors, they do as they see. I'm a firm believer in treating eveyone with kindness.. I say hello to eveyone even if you don't acknowledge. You will always receive a friendly smile from me. On a positive note... There are a hand full of teachers that do care and do actually teach...and I do see alot of parent involvement. I take my child to all field trips and see many other parents participate... I believe in preparing our children to excel in the future, in providing them with the tools they need for a brighter future. Trinity is no longer my choice.... I am looking for another school at this time, that has the tools to help children exceed academically. Trinity does not have the tools or a qualified staff....

Trinity School For Children - Lower Division 4

Posted April 21, 2014
Both of my children attend TSFC. My son has had a wonderful year. My daughter's year could have been much better, but there have been a couple of mid-year teacher changes in her grade level. Because of this, I have toured other schools, including private and magnet schools, just to see if I thought they would be a better fit for my children. Honestly, my children are extremely happy at TSFC despite the changes. Yes, it would be nice to have a gym, cafeteria, grass on the playground, Common Core Standards posted as they are being taught, etc., but the bottom line is that my children are happy and learning. I'm not a member of PPA or the Board, BUT I have witnessed first-hand the effort and hours that they both put into making Trinity successful. They are the ones taking time out of their busy schedules to attend meetings, prepare for Gala, deal with families that don't follow school policies, etc. Trust me, they don't enjoy disciplining families because it only takes more time out of their already busy schedules, but someone has to enforce the rules. No school is perfect, but I am willing to give an already strong school a chance to improve upon its weaknesses.

Trinity School For Children - Lower Division 2

Posted February 23, 2014
The overall quality of education is satisfactory. But much of the high/low depends on the teacher your child is placed with. Some of the teachers are downright terrible. Administration is aware but won't do anything about it because most of the administration and teaching staff are related. Nepotism runs wild at this school. They have even "re-directed" who certain teachers report to in order to get around this issue. I also agree with the other comments that there is no point in going to administration; they live in a bubble. And if you dare try to burst it, you are immediately outcast. The principal should have retired 5 years ago. Her days of being an innovator in education ended years ago. She's more a figure head than a real principal. Which leaves the question - who's in charge? The answer is no one, really. The teachers who are committed to the kids and the school are the saving grace of this school. They are amazing. I disagree with the parents who have an issue with the parent hours and the school's constant requests for parent involvement. If you want something other than the school you're zoned for, then this is the cost. There a plenty of opportunities.

Trinity School For Children - Lower Division 5

Posted February 19, 2014
Great teachers. Horrible management, Principle does not even make herself available to parents for meetings or concerns. The School Board consists of "Parents of students" with zero experience in any field of employment assiciated to Schooling or Education but yet make "All" major decesions regarding ejecting children from the school if the see it fit. Most are stay at home bored up tight mothers that have no idea what it is like to balance a full time schedule at work, home, and then entertaining Trinity's demand for 50 parent hours. BULLYING is OUT OF CONTROL and is obviously trickling down from the over abundant amout of students that are children of teachers, staff, School Board members and the inability for these employees/parents to keep their information private. But nope, they sit and gossi in front of their kids about other kids and parents and then their kids come to school and pick on thise that are not part of the "clique".At Trinity..I may have to remove my child from this AMAZING academic opportunity, to avoid the BULLYING by the kids, but the parents and the schools lack of participation in the Hillsborough County zero tolerence policy and Anti-bullying guidelines.

Trinity School For Children - Lower Division 3

Posted February 14, 2014
I have 2 children at Trinity. The school does a great job academically. Students are challenged, engaged, and encouraged to work together and express their opinions. However, they lack an arts program, cafeteria, and any real p.e. curriculum. Sports teams consist of mainly "staff's children". Bullying is a problem here. (Yes, I know it happens everywhere but after multiple attempts at getting the issue resolved, it's still happening). As for the posts about the complaining parents not wanting to be involved or invest time in their child's education... Totally false! I am a very involved parent of 3. I have been on PTA Boards at all my other schools for over 13 years. I have served as PTA President at my child's previous elementary school for 4 years, 2 years in middle school and I'm currently PTSA President at my son's high school. The day after my daughter transferred to Trinity, I attended my first PPA meeting. I was ignored and my attempts to share my contacts/business partners were dismissed. The school and "parents" are extremely "cliquey". Anyone not in the clique is an outsider. Homework is excessive (1- 1 1/2 hours) and you will be nickle and dimed to death.

Trinity School For Children - Lower Division 5

Posted January 24, 2014
I have a child at this school now for 4 years and have seen drastic changes during this time. They have been able to capture her intelligence and take it to a new level. It should also be noted that many of the parents that are discouraged with this school seem to be the ones that didn t not adhere to school policy and/or did not bother to get involved with the children activities. If you want your child to go to school and not get involved with their activities or education, send them to public school, TSFC is not the place for you. If you want to be a part of the growing and the development of your children, this is the place to be.

Trinity School For Children - Lower Division
2402 W Osborne Ave, Tampa, FL  33603
Last modified Trinity School For Children - Lower Division is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Trinity School For Children - Lower Division Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 87 reviews. Top