Posted October 08, 2014
The school is exceptional with communication and opportunities for unique learning. My daughter is in FFA, their land lab is a wonderful learning experience.

Posted September 30, 2014
My son is a 9th grader and I can't be anymore happy with the school. I wonder how the last comment said its not a good school and the teachers are terrible when its an "A" rated school. I have met all my sons teachers on parent conference night and have communicated with them via Edsby and I can honestly say the teacher have been great and truly care if your child succeeds. The Saturday School Success program is great it allows my son to attend tutoring at the school twice a month from 9-12 to get caught up with any work he needs. I highly recommend this school to anyone GO RAVENS!

Alonso High School 1

Posted September 16, 2014
I'm in the 9th grade at Alonso High School I hhave worst experience ever it's not a good school. The student are disruptive and terrible and the teachers are bad I haven't learn anything. The school is not welcoming at all, the guidence counselor doesn't do anything if you have a personal problem with a class. This school is terrible in my words, I don't have joy in going to school anymore I'm always mad and frustrated when I have to wake up and go to this school. I constently want to go to sickles high school cause I feel like more of careful school. Mr. Schider is always stating argument with kids and is the mean and disrespectful person that works at the school. I hope you see my review cause this is the TRUTH!!

Alonso High School 1

Posted September 15, 2014
When it comes to students with learning disabilities,The school is horrible and the way the kids behave thats another story in itself!

Posted September 07, 2014
My daughter is in 9th grade at Alonso this year and we both LOVE this school. The principal, teachers and administration seem to truly care about the students success. GREAT SCHOOL!

Alonso High School 2

Posted August 14, 2014
I have a child going into 12th grade and another transitioning from Middle School. My sons friends have been able to pick up their schedules for the year from school. Just driven up, asked and been handing them, at various, random times. I visited the school and was told that I couldn't have them, they are not printed, being changed and will be given out tomorrow at open house. I already explained my kids are 8 hours away, I work long distance and cannot be at the open house. Knowing that others already got their schedules just by randomly showing up at the school, this was unacceptable. No-one was waiting, how long would it have taken? I explained that other parents have theirs. I was then told that yes, they had been given out at various times. I was refused the schedules. Disappointing that kids needs are not a concern here. The first day at a new school needn't be this stressful.. My oldest has special needs that require a 504 plan. My youngest is making the transition to High School from Middle School. Having their schedules would have eased a lot of stress for them. I am not impressed at all and am reconsidering my school options going forward.

Posted August 13, 2014
I think that,out of all the high-schools in Hillsborough County, Alonso is the best! The teachers are actually helpful and you see everyone get along!

Posted March 04, 2014
To all those parents who voice negative opinions about Alonso High School, I wonder how involved you are with the school or do you even have a student at this school? I volunteer at the school and wonder why more parents don't take the time to be involved. Join the PTSA. Join the Booster Club. There are volunteer opportunities in high school. My teenager choose to attend this high school over several other very good options and has been very successful in academics and sports. The teachers and staff of this school helpful and seem to geniunely care about the students success in high school. I would highly recommend 'A'lonso High School.

Alonso High School 4

Posted February 05, 2014
The previous comment is a GROSS exaggeration. The key is to be INVOLVED and get to know who your child's teachers are, and if you're not happy - do something about it! The principal Mr Diaz, is a great leader. My son is a junior and has had some AMAZING teachers who have made a HUGE difference in his success in school, including this year. Fights are going to happen, but daily is very misleading. NO school is perfect - including Sickles.

Alonso High School 4

Posted January 02, 2012
I have a 9th grade son involved with football and honors classes at Alonso HS. We have been impressed so far with the teachers and coaches. I have found that all of his teachers are more than willing to assist with his academic needs and have been timely with returning communication via Edline. The sports programs seem competitive and well coached. The school is very diverse but it seems to work. My son will tell you that he enjoys school and has found friends fairly easily. I'm sure Alonso struggles with issues as all high schools do, but I wish more of the area students would give this school a try before prematurely bailing out on it for private school. They may be wasting their money.

Alonso High School
8302 Montague Street, Tampa, FL  33635
Last modified Alonso High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alonso High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 68 reviews. Top