2,608 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Both my children graduated from this school and excelled in both academics and sports. Went all county and won state competitions. My daughter was able to get into one of the great military academy's which are very difficult to get in to. Teachers, and the administration were always great to work with.

The school is exceptional with communication and opportunities for unique learning. My daughter is in FFA, their land lab is a wonderful learning experience.

My son is a 9th grader and I can't be anymore happy with the school. I wonder how the last comment said its not a good school and the teachers are terrible when its an "A" rated school. I have met all my sons teachers on parent conference night and have communicated with them via Edsby and I can honestly say the teacher have been great and truly care if your child succeeds. The Saturday School Success program is great it allows my son to attend tutoring at the school twice a month from 9-12 to get caught up with any work he needs. I highly recommend this school to anyone GO RAVENS!

I'm in the 9th grade at Alonso High School I hhave worst experience ever it's not a good school. The student are disruptive and terrible and the teachers are bad I haven't learn anything. The school is not welcoming at all, the guidence counselor doesn't do anything if you have a personal problem with a class. This school is terrible in my words, I don't have joy in going to school anymore I'm always mad and frustrated when I have to wake up and go to this school. I constently want to go to sickles high school cause I feel like more of careful school. Mr. Schider is always stating argument with kids and is the mean and disrespectful person that works at the school. I hope you see my review cause this is the TRUTH!!

When it comes to students with learning disabilities,The school is horrible and the way the kids behave thats another story in itself!

My daughter is in 9th grade at Alonso this year and we both LOVE this school. The principal, teachers and administration seem to truly care about the students success. GREAT SCHOOL!

I have a child going into 12th grade and another transitioning from Middle School. My sons friends have been able to pick up their schedules for the year from school. Just driven up, asked and been handing them, at various, random times. I visited the school and was told that I couldn't have them, they are not printed, being changed and will be given out tomorrow at open house. I already explained my kids are 8 hours away, I work long distance and cannot be at the open house. Knowing that others already got their schedules just by randomly showing up at the school, this was unacceptable. No-one was waiting, how long would it have taken? I explained that other parents have theirs. I was then told that yes, they had been given out at various times. I was refused the schedules. Disappointing that kids needs are not a concern here. The first day at a new school needn't be this stressful.. My oldest has special needs that require a 504 plan. My youngest is making the transition to High School from Middle School. Having their schedules would have eased a lot of stress for them. I am not impressed at all and am reconsidering my school options going forward.

I think that,out of all the high-schools in Hillsborough County, Alonso is the best! The teachers are actually helpful and you see everyone get along!

To all those parents who voice negative opinions about Alonso High School, I wonder how involved you are with the school or do you even have a student at this school? I volunteer at the school and wonder why more parents don't take the time to be involved. Join the PTSA. Join the Booster Club. There are volunteer opportunities in high school. My teenager choose to attend this high school over several other very good options and has been very successful in academics and sports. The teachers and staff of this school helpful and seem to geniunely care about the students success in high school. I would highly recommend 'A'lonso High School.

The previous comment is a GROSS exaggeration. The key is to be INVOLVED and get to know who your child's teachers are, and if you're not happy - do something about it! The principal Mr Diaz, is a great leader. My son is a junior and has had some AMAZING teachers who have made a HUGE difference in his success in school, including this year. Fights are going to happen, but daily is very misleading. NO school is perfect - including Sickles.

Last modified Alonso High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.