Posted January 29, 2014
I can't even begin to tell you how amazing this school is.....teachers, past principal and the new one!!! The opportunities and "extras" at this school are unbelievable! We came from a local private school where we were paying out the nose and not getting even half the education my children have gotten at Chiles.... especially if you have a child that qualifies for the gifted program. The county wide programs like Battle of the Books, Tropicana Speech, Odyssey of the Mind cannot be experienced in the private schools. Not to mention the amazing bells and chorus program. I will definitely miss this place when my years here are done!

Chiles Elementary School 2

Posted August 18, 2013
Principle from 2012 was horrible she allows the teachers to disrespect parents. She doesn't follow the school board rules. I'm glad she was replaced there is a god!

Posted August 18, 2013
My daughter has adapted very well to which has been her very first school! The staff members that have worked with her are very dedicated and determined to exceed expectations. The school has a lot of activities aimed towards family involvement. These are offered during evenings and weekends, which as a working parent, allows me to participate in such events.

Chiles Elementary School 2

Posted August 19, 2012
This school is in major need of fair leadership! The children need to become the priority!

Posted March 10, 2011
My children have attended Chiles since the day that it opened. This is a tremendous school. The children are encouraged to use their imaginations and creativity. The teachers give and seek feedback with parents while providing love and discipline to the children. I have always felt that my child is safe and secure while I am at work. I am made to feel welcome and encouraged to visit or volunteer. You can get spoiled having your children in a school like this.

Chiles Elementary School 1

Posted September 16, 2010
very poor principal at this school. Has her favorites and all others are out. What a shame too. Chiles has gone down hill since she took over.Wonderful teachers and staff.

Chiles Elementary School 1

Posted April 30, 2010
My child has attended this school for a few years. The new prinicpal totally caters to the parents who have money and those whom are not minorities. They have eliminated multicutural programs, every staff member's child somehow always gets into the chorus program, certain children's behavior (including bullying) are ignored because of who they are.

Chiles Elementary School 0

Posted March 21, 2009
Great School, Great Teachers & Great Staff. What more could you ask for in a school. Chiles is a great school and my children love it!

Posted November 11, 2008
My daughter attended Lawton Chiles last year. It is a terrific school with great teachers and great kids and tons of support from parents. We moved out of state and I wish we could have taken this school with us.

Posted March 28, 2008
My daughter really enjoys going to school. Teachers very dedicated and make an effort to make learning fun. Cannot wait for next year when my son joins his sister at Chiles. He is currently in a very expensive private school. Cannot believe you can get good quality education without having to pay the earth!

Chiles Elementary School
16541 Tampa Palms Boulevard West, Tampa, FL  33647
Last modified Chiles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chiles Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top