959 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

This is a Great School, my Son Nicholas Silva went here from 6-8 Grade and now my Daughter is in her last year here.

My oldest son is in his final year at Davidsen and my younger son just entered 6th grade. We have had nothing but positive experiences. The kids get a solid education in their core classes and are also exposed to wonderful art, music, culinary and technology programs. The principal is very hands on and the students take pride in their school. Davidsen is a great place for students and parents to develop a sense of community.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They don't let the kids get away with things--they are accountable for their actions and their schoolwork

Davidsen is an A-rated school and a 5-Star School. The admin and teaching staff here are incredible. Many have been here for years and wouldn't teach anywhere else. It's a very close-knit community. The principal has added structure and discipline but remains approachable and extremely flexible. It's a "slice of life" school that represents the real world and real families and life situations. My daughter and her friends have a lot of school pride. It's been a very positive experience.

Spanish is easy in High School if you have Mrs. Heath at Davidsen. Students leave her classroom being able to converse, present and conjugate verbs!!! You won t get that anywhere else in the area the kids that attended IB Middle School are struggling in IB High School. Mrs. Heath is tough but the kids are well prepared. If you have questions about curriculum see Mr. Streeter, Vice Principle. He has the most curriculum tenure of any Hillsborough county employee. He knows his stuff and is always approachable. We will always do the right thing for your child. If you have questions about class placement he is the man you see. Mr. Streeter is foundation that makes Davidsen GREAT!

Davidsen is a great school for students of all abilities. My son has all advanced honors classes and has really thrived and been challenged. They have robotics classes, computer classes, aerospace classes in addition to fantastic art and music programs that really inspire the kids. We have never experienced an issue at the school and we will send our younger son here as well. The teachers and administration care about the students and PTSA is very hands on.

Wonderful school with great teachers. All four of my children have attended over the years and done very well.

We have had three children attend Davidsen Middle School over the past 8 years. Throughout the years, certain things have changed but, overall we have had an exellent experience. The teachers along with administration are genuinely concerned with the success of the students academically and are always available to students as well as parents. The arts department is very strong at Davidsen and our children have enjoyed being part of the Davidsen band as well as fine arts. Davidsen has a uniquely strong PTSA and their presence is felt throughout the school, Davidsen supports community service by encouraging students to reach out and help others through charitable events or actions. Our experience with Davidsen has been a very positive one and one in which our children were fully prepared for high school.

Having had my girls in private school all of their lives, we had heard mixed review about Davidsen. When I asked my neighbors about the school, they all had good experiences and I never found any true negative issues to validate the rumors. My oldest started IB Magnet so we enrolled our MS child this year. I have to say it has been a wonderful experience. She had made alot of good friends that live in our neighborhood and has had the ability to take classes that were not available to her at the smaller Christian school. I love the opportunities she has been offered and she is now showing more interest in school and thrives in electives like Robotics & Art. Our primary hesitation was not having communication with teachers or admin but this has not been true. They have been amazing and have always been available to talk or meet at any time. The Admin has been wonderful also. We are very happy with the change and wonder if we should have done it sooner. My MS will be better prepared for the challenges of HS and life to come. None of the negative things I had heard about have ever occurred and she is in a safe environment. We are very happy and fully recommend the school. Go Dragons!!

Great school! My one child has already gone through and I have a second child at DMS. I is a great local public school, with lots of diversity (just like life), a fantastic band program, a very involved principal and a dedicated PTSA board. The moms are all about the students and the school, and they are really determined to provide the school with as much support as possible. Both my kids participated in the NJHS program and my older child is in NHS in high school...I think the school is what you and your kids make of it!

Last modified Davidsen Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.