Tampa, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted March 22, 2014
We have had three children attend Davidsen Middle School over the past 8 years. Throughout the years, certain things have changed but, overall we have had an exellent experience. The teachers along with administration are genuinely concerned with the success of the students academically and are always available to students as well as parents. The arts department is very strong at Davidsen and our children have enjoyed being part of the Davidsen band as well as fine arts. Davidsen has a uniquely strong PTSA and their presence is felt throughout the school, Davidsen supports community service by encouraging students to reach out and help others through charitable events or actions. Our experience with Davidsen has been a very positive one and one in which our children were fully prepared for high school.

Posted March 20, 2014
Having had my girls in private school all of their lives, we had heard mixed review about Davidsen. When I asked my neighbors about the school, they all had good experiences and I never found any true negative issues to validate the rumors. My oldest started IB Magnet so we enrolled our MS child this year. I have to say it has been a wonderful experience. She had made alot of good friends that live in our neighborhood and has had the ability to take classes that were not available to her at the smaller Christian school. I love the opportunities she has been offered and she is now showing more interest in school and thrives in electives like Robotics & Art. Our primary hesitation was not having communication with teachers or admin but this has not been true. They have been amazing and have always been available to talk or meet at any time. The Admin has been wonderful also. We are very happy with the change and wonder if we should have done it sooner. My MS will be better prepared for the challenges of HS and life to come. None of the negative things I had heard about have ever occurred and she is in a safe environment. We are very happy and fully recommend the school. Go Dragons!!

Posted March 17, 2014
Great school! My one child has already gone through and I have a second child at DMS. I is a great local public school, with lots of diversity (just like life), a fantastic band program, a very involved principal and a dedicated PTSA board. The moms are all about the students and the school, and they are really determined to provide the school with as much support as possible. Both my kids participated in the NJHS program and my older child is in NHS in high school...I think the school is what you and your kids make of it!

Posted March 13, 2014
This is our daughters last year at Davidsen and it has been a WONDERFUL experience! The teachers, administration & staff are great. We have never had a problem with communication, discipline or academics. You must get involved to know what is going on -- there are plenty of opportunities available!

Posted March 05, 2014
Great school! Principal is excellent which I believe keeps the teachers and faculty passionate about their jobs. We have been at Davidsen 3 years now and my kids love it. Many opportunities for parents to get involved, the PTSA is a great group!

Posted March 04, 2014
Davidsen Middle is a great school. My daughter went to this school for 6th-8th and was very successful. My son is in his second year here. He loves it and the teachers have been really great and very caring. Yes, there is diversity at this school, but that is life in the real world. The office staff and principal have been very responsive to my questions. My advise, is no matter what school you choose, get involved so you are informed about what is going on and ask questions. I have no regrets sending both my children here and would recommend the school to others.

Posted March 04, 2014
My son has attended Davidsen the past 3 years. He is an advanced Honors student and has done very well. The teachers and administration are fabulous. Their are tons of things for the students to be involved with, depending of their interest. He has lots of friends he knows from the Westchase neighborhood, as well as, many great new ones he has met while at Davidsen.

Posted February 24, 2014
Band. Best kept secret at Davidsen. If you want your child to have a thing in Middle School then be sure they are part of the Band. Mrs. Cochran has a wonderful gift for teaching EVERY child how to play an instrument. She has a unique way of teaching, engaging and empowering the kids. Trust, respect and fun are all part of her curriculum. Davidsen is a great school and this is one great bonus for Westchase. I highly recommend her and the school.

Posted February 14, 2014
We have had a great experience here. My son is in advanced honors classes which are challenging and all of the teachers are great. I email them with questions and almost every single one has called me and had long discussions about how they can help my son do even better. We have not had any problems here and my son loves it.

Davidsen Middle School 1

Posted September 24, 2013
This school is a wonderful school if your child is not special needs that is ... My sister has been attending this school for about two years now and time after time we have problems! One time as punishment my sister was forced to stay after class to apologise to a teacher making her miss her bus and when she had told an administrator they told her to walk to 5.6 miles to our home.. Luckily I was on my way to work because I pass right by the school and there my sister was at the corner if linebaugh and montague crying her eyes out because she couldn't remember which way to go ! Another time a boy was calling my sister retarded and she slapped the boy the boy in retaliation punch my sister in the face and started to choke her knocking her glasses onto the floor my sister was suspended as she should have been but the boy was not. My sister is scared to go back to school now

Davidsen Middle School
10501 Montague Street, Tampa, FL  33626
Last modified Davidsen Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Davidsen Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top