922 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

This school has great administration, staff and faculty. Great environment. I think a lot of this has to do with the principal. She’s top notch and has the energy to keep this school operating at a great pace. Her pride is infecting. She is a visible face of Pride and is always available to discuss student issues. There is very good communication between the teachers and parents. The teachers go above and beyond to help children do their best each day. I am very pleased with the effort the teachers make to help children do their best each day. Teachers and administration are dedicated to providing the best education for the children - this includes academic achievement as well social and moral responsibility.

My son has been going to Pride for the last three years and I am very impressed by the school. Some of these reviews that complain about the administration are a surprise to me. I have had nothing but positive interaction with the school administration and all of my son's teachers have been fantastic. I have spoken with the principle, Mrs. Land a few times and I have always been impressed by her and her school. I don't think a school could function as well as Pride does without great leadership.

I am a parent at Pride and as the name indicates...I am proud to have my son attend this school. I have only had wonderful and pleasant experiences with both the teachers, office staff, and administration. LOVE this school!!!!!

The school is good for academics, but horrible when it comes to any social interaction. I wish we could rate the teachers separately from the school since most of the teachers are great. The issue is with the administration. A friend has been harassed by the Principal, and when an "anonymous" complaint was filed with the Superintendents office, my friend was then harassed by the Area Superintendent, who directly referred to the "anonymous" complaint my friend filed. Apparently, those who disagree with the administration are bullied. I hope this will be addressed so we can get back to concentrating on the education of our children.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Most of the teachers we have encountered have been positive and effective, in spite of the administration.

Develops character: Neutral

I feel the school may be instrumental in developing honesty and integrity, but only when the administration demonstrates these traits. Currently, the administration does not.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Amount of homework: Disagree

Nothing, and the little they give, they don't bother to review. Our kids brings it back every day with no corrections for 10-15 days

Develops character: Strongly disagree

It creates a "not my job" mentality. It creates a "I am a civil servant" mentality

The definition of "not my job." The teacher, never looks at the hw (except on the last day of the month) and has memorized all the "cookie cutter" answers which she will repeat again and again. They have lost our child twice already and our friend's once (and they are easy kids). The AP thinks she runs Harvard prep but she is a regular "bully" with the same mentality as the teachers (the ones we've experienced.) Is this a 10? Why? When? We are moving because of them.

Last modified Pride Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.