Tampa, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted January 23, 2014
Bryant Elementary is a superb school! I have had two children attend and my youngest sadly at Deer Park because we moved outside the zone. BY FAR Bryant is a much better school academically, including better teachers and administrative. I do like the former principal Mrs. Veranth better than Bass, and chose Deer Park ONLY because of Lou Cerreta and then we all were very disappointed when we got Mrs. Perebski. Your children will get by far a better education at Bryant and will be in advanced honor classes when they get to middle school.

Posted December 17, 2013
Mary Bryant is a fantastic school with a great administration and teachers. This is our third year here. The education is top notched, giving the kids so many opportunities. I cannot say enough great things about Mary Bryant Elementary. Our experience is that the education here is better than local private schools.

Posted May 09, 2013
I have been at this school since it first opened. My first child did wonderfully there. Of course there was a different administration at that time. My youngest child has had a horrific time at this school. She has had 3 great teachers. However, the rest of the teachers have been sub par. I attribute this mainly to the lack of or poor leadership by the administration. As parents we need to realize that the administration has to look at the school in totality. However, this administration does not even attempt to converse work with the parents when a situation arises. If you think your voice will be heard by the next level of administration you are mistaken. I have always tried not to interfere when my children say "the teacher is mean" or complain about their class. I want them to teach them that life is going to be like that and you have to find a way to get along. However, if I had it to do all over again I would have moved my youngest child to Deer Park. (I am not the only parent that feels this way.) If I had it to do over again I would have my child go to Deer Park. I have only heard wonderful things about that school.

Posted February 27, 2013
I like most of the teachers but I would say that the problem is the administration. I agree 100% with some of the comments. They are unwilling to work with students individual needs regardless of the childs ability or the parents requests, the fund raising is beyond over the top-the Boosterthon this year was 2 weeks of classroom interuptions to get the kids pumped up to ask for money (even the teachers were annoyed). Based on what I hear from my friends at Deer Park and Westchase the education from Mary Bryant (at least in the lower grades) is not up to the standards as the surrounding schools.

Bryant Elementary School 4

Posted October 30, 2012
My daughter is in her 2nd year at Bryant and so far the experience has been very positive. Her teachers each year have been phenomenal; caring, informative, and willing to engage us on class and curriculum structure. The first couple years a child is in school determine their attitude towards it and the teachers have made my daughter see school as a positive experience. My only concern is the constant fund raising that goes on. I'm sure this is probably the case at every school and while I understand the need, it seems like not a week goes by without my daughter coming home hawking something or needing to solicit money for some fund raising cause . She sometimes looks like a walking billboard due to all the stickers promoting the fundraisers that are put on her shirt. My real concern is that it's clearly emphasized aggressively because there are days she comes home telling us she "has" to get pledges or "has" to get more "fill in the blank." It's often hard to discuss her actual school work because she's so preoccupied with the fund raising task she's been given. Pretty sad that a 6 year old has such concerns.

Posted September 04, 2012
I had to verify that information about my child's address was in the school's computer records. Followed normal school district process, but instead of getting what I needed, the principal (Karen Bass) was extremely rude and unprofessional once my identity was established, refusing to give me information I was legally entitled to have because of personal animus. This episode has been escalated and reported to the School District leadership. Teachers are great - school leadership is very poor.

Posted August 12, 2012
We are very happy with Mary Bryant. We like the clubs that are available - Chess Club, Running Club, etc. and the AGP program. So far we have had good teachers and a good educuation. We previously went to a private school and found this to be very similar and slightly better without having to pay the cost of private tuition.

Bryant Elementary School 1

Posted February 05, 2012
We moved to this area because of the school ratings. I'm sure glad that I like my neighborhood, but I am beyond frustrated with this school. This is our second year here and both years my daughter has received a very low-rate education. The writing lessons are boring, the math confusing and the teachers and staff very unfriendly and uncaring.

Bryant Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2011
School is average for what you would expect in reading the reviews. It was much better with former principal but since then, new principal is not interested in working with parents or assisting with developing child's individual needs. Many teachers are less than happy and that reflects on the children. I recently moved my son to another smaller school nearby and he is flourishing. He ran up to me with a huge smile and said he loves school (first time in 4 yrs) Now that's priceless! I would not recommend chancing this school.

Bryant Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
Great school. Great teachers.

Bryant Elementary School
13910 9 Eagles Drive, Tampa, FL  33626
Last modified Bryant Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bryant Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top