1,356 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

I hated my three years at this school!!! SO HAPPY IM OUT!!! Unwelcome atmosphere, bad food, no good arts programs (the "stage" is a little platform in the cafeteria) bad teaching technique, rude ignorant kids who exclude everyone and don't socialize with kids like "me", and most of all, an UNSAFE ENVIRONMENT! We've had drug chains, shooting lockdowns, a bunch of fights, and lots of depressed kids that went complete emo. Please DO NOT SIGN YOUR CHILD UP FOR FARNELL! IT SUCKS!!!!

IF U B LUKIN FURR DA GUD SKULS COM TO DIS SKUL RITE HURR. BESTT TEASHERS I EVA BEN TOT BY. BESTT DAM SKUL U CULD EVA ASK FA. THANK DA LAWD I FIND DIS SCHOOL FURR MA DAUTTER. SHE BE LUVIN IT LIKE MACDONNALDS' NA WUT I MENE. LOL. DEFNITLY RECAMIND.

very disappointed with teachers not keeping parents up to date on child's progress until the end of marking term, Also the bulling continues even though Mr Cobb the principal denies this fact, having blinders on is not helping the situation.

My son is in 7th grade. Second year at Farnell and it's been a great middle school experience for my child. He loves middle school and has had a lot of academic success here. Great school..great location..awesome staff..teachers..and principal Mr. Cobb!

I have had my two older children go to Farnell and now my youngest son attends. Farnell was an excellent school and now has become very "lacksadaisy." A lot of new teachers that don't seem to care, don't respond to emails, poor PTA president that doesn't do anything like Michelle Mayfield did, and they lost a great AP Mrs. Shellie Green. My husband and I moved into this community so our children could attend Bryant, Farnell and Sickles. Farnell would NEVER allow any students that did not live in the school zone and would double check to make sure of this and now, they let anyone attend and even check when they are informed of the kids not living in the school zone. They even go as far as posting on the school website for parents to buy laptops, tablets, bikes, game systems, name brand apparel to these students that are not supposed to be even attending Farnell and to other kids that don't even attend the school. Now there is bullying and children cutting themselves at the school that has gotten out of control. Guess it's time to look into private schools.

I was a student and this was one of the worst schools i've ever been to. To start of the list there is a severe bullying problem, so severe that i had to switch schools. The area around Farnell is a very upperclass community and most of the kids are your stereotypical popular kids. I was bullied everyday i went to the 6th grade guidence counsler, Ms. Garcia,assistant principle, and the principle himself, they said that they would talk to me about who was bullying me but they never did. For a lot of the kids I knew if they were struggling in class the teachers would talk to their parents ( did more harm than good if you ask me) but never helped them in class. They also overpopulate the classes for months until they finally switch people around. If you have a child that is LGBT, emo, goth, alternative, scene, depression, anxiety, any mental health problems that could cause suicidal thoughts or actions, do them and yourself a favor and DO NOT SEND THEM TO THIS SCHOOL!!!

Im sorry but my son hoes to Farnell and I have nothing bad to say about the school. My son is a special needs child and before Farnell he never brought me home a straight A's report card and he loves getting up every morning and attend school. I also have no complaints about bullying. Our family went through a time of need and Farnell was there to help us out and I will never forget how compassionate the school has been with us. Most importantly my son bringing me a High Honor roll is priceless.

I'm a parent I have my 18 yr old daughter that attended many moons ago and did great. The leadership and discipline was great. Now I have my 12 yr old that is in her 2nd year there (7th grade) and this year has been challenging to say the least there are kids there that are cutting themselves. Guidance and teachers aware but don't even do a school program to make std aware that they are know and are taking the steps to help . That traumatized my daughter the clicks and verbal bully's are out of control something I wouldn't have ever expected and you call or go to the school and Nothing gets done Zero Discipline.

I am a student at Farnell and I like it very much but some of my teachers give me homework on the computer.What if your computer breaks?But overall my teachers are VERY helpful and there are NO BULLIES at all! I am definetly staying until 8th grade!

I am a seventh grader at Farnell and it is a great school like other school it has its flaws but they are minor and do not affect the fun and supportive environment. I honestly love all the teachers and it is a very good school.

Last modified Farnell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.