Posted June 05, 2014
My school is ok, it is not the greatest school but I still received a better education than I did at Wharton. The news blows everything out of proportion at this school. I honestly feel safe and that there is no threat to my well-being, however at Wharton I did not feel safe.

Posted September 23, 2013
This school is NOT so great at all. Teachers and faculty do not return phone calls. You have to physically go down there and sit and wait for them to finish socializing and having their coffee. My son has been there for 3 years. Every phone call I have made with questions regarding scholarships, edsby, just anything in general we get no phone call back (in 3 years!)... My son has never been in trouble or had any issues thus far with students as long as he stays to himself. Some teachers find it impressive to tell students about their arrest record, etc. We need roll models! Very frustrating as a parent. You would think because of the area that there would be GREAT schools. Not here.....

Posted September 10, 2013
I currently go to freedom high school now. And ive hated it since day one. Im currently in my junior year at freedom and ive been trying to transfer to steinbrenner since I went to freedom. It gets worse and worse as the years go on. I havent even had an English teacher for this year. And the subsitute I have hasnt taught us anything. Most of the teachers there dont care either. They write kids passes to their class just so they can skip other classes. Some teachers will write passes for students to come to their class just so they can leave school and come back later as long as they come back with mcdonalds coffee for the teacher. This is definitely not a school I would recommend going to unless you dont plan on getting a good education.

Freedom High School 3

Posted January 18, 2013
I went to Freedom high school 9th to 12th grade and to be honest it used to be a Great school, it just got worse and worse every year. I am a foreigner, English is my third language and reading teachers were terrible. They didn't help me at all. Math teachers were excellent, science teachers were very good, social studies teachers were very good and English teachers were average, and when it comes to counselors they are not helpful at all. I always had to bring my dad to school so they could talk to me in a "nice" way. All of my 4 years at freedom I had problems with my schedule. So over all it's an OKAY school.

Posted October 28, 2012
I went to freedom for 9th (10/11 school year) and 10th grade. I was new during my freshman year and I deal with social anxiety. It honestly wasn't that bad. A lot of the kids were nice to me and introduced themselves on the first day. There are lots of cute guys and one even took it upon themselves to show me around. It's huge, but you get used to it quickly. No one bullied me, even when I sat by myself sometimes at lunch. I remember throwing up in class once and everyone was more concerned about me than amused. I've made many new friends and I do miss the school very much, seeing as it's nowhere near as crappy as the school I attend now (in New York City). The teachers and admins are all very nice and although I missed the bus on the first day of school and one of the admins was a douche about it, the school is very good overall. I do recommend it, seeing as it's one of the best schools in Tampa and is located in a good area.

Freedom High School 5

Posted January 15, 2012
I have been a Freedom High School parent for 6 six--four during the previous principal's leadership and two during the current administration. Like any large high school, there will be issues that must be dealt with. With that being said, neither of my children have ever been bullied, involved in fight or had any other negative experiences. My daughter was well prepared to enter college and was able to receive two semesters of credit toward her college classes based upon the AP classes she took at Freedom. My son, who is currently a student at Freedom, is receiving an excellent education at Freedom and is involved in the many extracurricular activities that are offered. As an educator, I looked carefully at all the choices offered through Hillsborough County Schools including the magnet and IB programs. We actively chose to attend Freedom because of their excellent academic program and the responsiveness of administration and dedication of the majority of their faculty. I can strongly recommend Freedom High School to other parents who are looking for an excellent public school education for their child.

Posted October 22, 2011
My oldest child is a senior this year (2011-2012) and is glad that this is her last year there. Her younger sibling ( a freshman ) decided not to attend Freedom HS because of the students who do attend the school and the years he spent with the incoming freshmen from Liberty Middle School. The school has continued to go down hill in the years we have lived in the community and we have experienced bullying, theft, and unresponsive administration help in making my child feel safe. I have children in the magnet (chapter one) schools (high school and middle) and if the district would take those Principals and put them in these two Tampa Palms Middle and High schools - these schools would be exceptional schools. I think the district needs to consider taking those administrators and give them a chance to run these two poorly run schools - they may be amazed at the turn around they'd see in these schools that in my opinion deserve an "F" in the way their ships are run today.

Freedom High School 3

Posted September 30, 2011
Well, I'm a Freshman at Freedom and I've had brothers that went here. Honestly, it's an okay school, but the school spirit is VERY low. In fact, our football team is slowly disappearing since they are all quitting. The only thing worth coming to Freedom for is the NJROTC or maybe the Band. Other than that, not much to talk about.

Posted June 11, 2011
I read the St. Pete Times this morning and was impresseed with the article on Freedom High. It caught my attention because the young man in the article was accepted at Yale. My grandson lives in the area and I am interested in finding a middle school with good AP or gifted program and a good music dept.

Posted June 02, 2011
School provided a well-rounded education in a clean, modern, safe environment. Majority of teachers were very dedicated and enthusiastic about their classes. Large focus on clubs and extracurricular activities. I was actively involved in sports, which were supported by school, classmates, and parents. Freedom prepared me well for my university studies and for starting out in my career.

Freedom High School
17410 Commerce Park Boulevard, Tampa, FL  33647
Last modified Freedom High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freedom High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top