1,202 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Liberty is a great school. The principal, staff, and PTSA are outstanding. My child is an 8th grader; started in 6th grade so I have definitely given it some time before writing a review. We spent a lot of time researching other options before deciding on Liberty, our neighborhood school. If you are on the fence, do your research and compare the classes, sports, clubs, etc. that Liberty offers with what the private, charter, and magnet schools offer. Your child will have many great opportunities at Liberty to grow and excel academically and socially. There are children from all walks of life at Liberty, which I think perhaps scares some parents? Kids have a great opportunity here to interact with and learn about so many different cultures and backgrounds - this is a positive!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Mr Novello and Mr. Rivera have been great. I feel they go above and beyond and really enjoy teaching

Amount of homework: Agree

My kids think it's just right, but I think a little more would be okay

Develops character: Strongly agree

Teachers foster a sense of community which includes ownership of actions and choices. Curriculum has also been added that is Social Emotional Learning to help students understand their emotions and how to handle them. The teachers graciously add this into their current curriculum because they understand the importance of community.

Two of our children have graduated from LMS, the next is a rising 6th grader and we are excited to return in the Fall. LMS PTSA allows us a parent-school connection we enjoy and the administration is so welcoming to positive families who want to be involved and support their child's education- both at home and at school. It's great to be a part of the Liberty MS team! We support public education. We support neighborhood schools!

I have had 2 children attend Liberty and both had great experiences. We found the teachers and administration to be very caring, conscientious, and hard working. I am happy to recommend LMS.

We just moved here in March of this year & my daughter loves the school. I haven't had any problems with the school teachers or students.

The teachers are rude and want to parent rather than teach the lessons. The office staff is unorganized and sometimes unprofessional. The principle is down to earth and listens to parents but I don't understand how he has not passed these qualities on to his staff. Nobody responds to EDSBY which is for parents to connect to the teachers. If you have time to constantly be at the school then this may be the school for you because that is the only way to get anything resolved. THEY DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY CONCERNS!! That is why I had to go over everybody and talk directly to the principle. I had to catch him outside on a early release day because he had not received the 3 messages I left for him.

This school is the worst school my daughter ever attended. The teachers are rude and give her a hard time. They do not listen to a parents concerns and lock kids out of class. My daughter was a high honor student with no complaints from any other school but this one here is so unprofessional. The kids really dont have anyone to talk to about issues and calling the district is no help because nothing changes. Don't be surprised if your child comes home saying the teachers wont let them use the bathroom, call them names, makes fun of them, has sarcastic remarks, locks them out of class etc. School may have high ratings but is the worst school we've ever dealt with Its not worth your kids being mistreated

My daughter is a 6th grader this year. I was very worried about sending her to middle school. I have to say that the teachers and staff at Liberty are great. The Principal is outstanding. I am very satisfied with Liberty Middle School.

Last modified Liberty Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.