Tampa, FL
Students enrolled: 1,267

Posted December 04, 2014
My son was lost before he came to this school and now he has many good friends and has found his way. I don't know how much of that is the school and how much he just matured, but the school deserves at least some of the credit. Highly recommend 8th graders that have any interest spend 1 to 2 days shadowing at the school to see if it is right for you. The robotics program is world class, but FBLA and TSA clubs are also quickly becoming known for producing state and national champions. The best thing for my son is the acceptance of the geek culture. That is what I think is helping him grow and figure out what he wants to do with the rest of his life. Also, don't think the Game Design magnet is an easy magnet. Although not as challenging as the Engineering (offered at Middleton) and IB programs (offered at other schools), it does teach important skills. If your child is a real overachiever, consider joining 2 magnet programs and watch him or her accomplish things you never thought possible. Last week my son saved me $300 from buying a new LED TV. He used what he learned to repair my old TV (it had a bad board).

Posted November 16, 2013
The magnet program at this school is top notch. We are very happy that our son is attending this school. The faculty and staff do a great job. The principal is very committed to student success.

Posted September 30, 2013
My school is Middleton high school,The land of the tigers,The one who never fall always rise up. Since I came to Middleton high school my dream start become real, A place where everyone is somebody, A school that show everyone future, A place that you feel real like a person not an animal, A place where everyone like not dislike, A place where you always see a better future above in the sky passing by. We will Improve our school in the disciplinary , respect way. We are the Tigers.

Middleton High School 3

Posted August 23, 2013
Middleton STEM Magnet High School was one of two black Tampa high schools before integration. Pride from alumni and the black community rallied to raise their alma mater to a school with high expectations. The 12-year old new Middleton facility is an award- winning campus design with a large grassy central courtyard. Hillsborough County School District (the 4th largest in the USA) has committed their STEM high school resources to Middleton. At Middleton, over 30% of the students are enrolled in a magnet major. My experience is that my child is strong in technology but low in reading. He thrives from the balance of Middleton s challenging STEM classes with a strong reading proficiency program geared to students with low performance. The rigor of taking 8 credits (two classes per year) of Computer Technology has kept him focused on academic classes. Over the last 12 years Middleton's priority has been on safety, high expectations, great leadership and STEM enrollment. Athletics was not a #1 priority in the school culture. This enables average athletes to participate on a sports team for fun, exercise and commitment to Middleton Pride.

Posted August 17, 2013
My son is in the engineering magnet program and will graduate in 2014. He turned down IB to go to Middleton and it was definitely the right choice! The engineering curriculum is intensive and the faculty is awesome. He is also involved in the robotics program, which has been very successful over the past few years with teams earning a bid to the world championship for the past 3 years. (His team actually won the world championship in 2012, and were runners-up in 2013!) Middleton truly focuses on trying to ensure the every child has the opportunity to be successful, whether magnet or traditional.

Posted August 14, 2013
MHS has a culture promoting post secondary education for students of all skill levels with halls named for colleges and universities and a forward thinking administration and guidance staff. We boast national award winning US FIRST robotics team, and nationally recognized FBLA, FFA, and INTEL science students. Our magnet valedictorian in 2012 received a full ride scholarship to Columbia University and her immediate predecessor in 2011 earned a full scholarship to MIT. The teachers and staff at all levels are terrific to work with and communications with staff is excellent. In the past 3 years this school has elevated it's state rating from D to B status due to the culture of respect and learning at the admin level. There is a diversity of students and emphasis on STEM education. A variety of AP and dual enrollment courses are offered to students up for the challenge. MHS is a great school!

Posted February 20, 2013
Middleton is a great school that is improving every year. The amount of magnet students is rapidly increasing, and my experience there has been nothing short of fantastic.

Posted September 08, 2012
I recently moved my son from Alonso HS to the magnet program at MIddleton. The experience has been outstanding! Both the school's leadership and the faculty at the school are impressive. Middleton's robotics program is first in the world! My son is far happier and more academically challenged than he was at his prior school. I am confident that this school will prepare him for the competitive engineering universities to which he hopes to apply. I will admit that I was apprehensive about the buses in the morning but the bus driver is excellent and reliable and my son says he sleeps on the ride anyway. If you have a future scientist, mathematician or engineer, don't hesitate! This is the school for them!

Posted August 20, 2012
Best school for STEM program and Robotics. Committed and caring staff. Excellent choice for high school.

Posted October 30, 2011
I believe Middleton has really improved from when they first opened. the teachers seem to be more in tune with the students and it seems as if there not teaching to test, but rather teaching for a well rounded education.

Middleton High School
4801 North 22nd Street, Tampa, FL  33610
Last modified Middleton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Middleton High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top