Posted November 12, 2014
My son was psychologically scarred and tormented by his teachers in public school for two years. It is a miracle we found Tampa Day School. They made us feel welcome and normal. They helped understand that he is normal and just needs to be taught differently. The staff and administration truly understand my son and his needs and are invested in his success. I cannot sing their praises any more than that.

Posted August 07, 2014
There are not enough words to describe this amazing school. My son came from Hillsborough County Schools where I was told he was below in reading. He was pass from grade to grade because he was not a problem child. He had an IEP and was on RTI. However, what he needed was not given. So desperately I took him to Tampa Day School. Within a year he showed growth that brought tears to my eyes. I refused to give up on my son! I am excited about this coming year. The smaller classrooms and having teachers trained to recognize where students are so they can develop a plan of action is what it took. The teachers want to be there, they don't complain, and the parents believe in them. The administration support the staff 100%. This is a safe, caring, learning environment that is stress free. Thank you Tampa Day School for all you do.

Posted April 21, 2014
TDS is outstanding! TDS has been a true blessing for our family! There is not a better school for kids with ADHD and mild learning disabilities.

Posted February 22, 2014
Tampa Day School has enabled my child to feel success for the first time in an academic setting! While in public school my son was squeaking by because he was "hard working" , but not making adequate learning gains. He exited second grade with a mid first grade reading and math level. Hardworking wasn't enough for him to make gains. After his third grade year at Tampa Day School he had two years of academic growth! The teachers and administration have created an environment that ensures academic success. Instruction is delivered in a unique way that increases student engagement. My son is now in 4th grade and I am so grateful I made the decision to move him to TDS. As a teacher in the public school system, I can truly say that Tampa Day School knows how to educate students that learn differently!

Posted February 19, 2014
I just recently changed my 4th grader from public school to Tampa Day School. The small class sizes and more individualized attention has been a God send for my daughter. She has moved from doing poorly on assignments and tests to an A/B student across the board. The teachers here give the students valuable resources for the student to solve a variety of problems. The teachers here are very caring but at the same time expect great things out of their students. I would recommend this school to anyone with a student that is struggling.

Posted February 19, 2014
TDS is an amazing school. My daughter was falling through the cracks in public and had to suffer through the RTI process just to have her "served" occasionally in the classroom. She was a year behind in reading and more than a year behind in math with a gifted verbal IQ score. It was horribly frustrating to see a child you know has the ability to achieve and isn't. Anxiety and organization were also a challenge to her. After two years she is now currently in 4th grade and is a year above in her reading and only half a year behind in math (these are National test scores, not just teacher grades). My husband and I are more than ecstatic with her progress. The small class size, focus on social skills, organizational skills and her ability to feel good about who she is and what she is capable of is has been a huge relief to us. The staff is dedicated, knowledgeable and flexible. My daughter has now formed bonds with other students that will last a lifetime and administration goes above and beyond to make sure my child's needs are met. Phenomenal.

Posted February 18, 2014
I am a parent of a first grade boy currently enrolled at TDS. Although my son was enrolled in another wonderful private school for kindergarten, it was disheartening to watch his self-esteem and self-confidence deteriorate as he struggled with fine motor tasks and had difficulty maintaining focus in the larger group. Upon enrollment at TDS, his teachers quickly figured out what he needed to experience success. Within the first week, he was excited about coming to school and even claimed he loved going to homework lab b/c he enjoyed doing his math work at school. His confidence returned and he was advanced to second grade classes in the first month. My son feels his teachers care about him and he is thriving as a result. I can't say enough about the excellent educational experience we have had and will be forever grateful to the faculty and staff at TDS for helping my child to see that he has incredible strengths and is able to succeed in school.

Posted November 06, 2013
My child has ADHD and all that goes along with it. He went from being shamed in public school, to growing and learning. His dyslexia has made reading a challenge, but with tutoring AND classroom support he is improving all that time. Understand Honor Accommodate, a motto at TDS, is something that not only was lacking but was non-existent at my local A rated school. How painful as a parent, to send your child to school everyday knowing he was not being respected as a human being, and his needs ignored. I can breathe again, and help my child grow and learn the skills he will need for the rest of his life. That said, the school is not the prefect fit for every child, or every parent. Of course! What school can be all things to all people??! I have multiple children and they are each unique and individual in their challenges and strengths. As a parent, it is my job to find the place where they can best grow and flourish. I have only one child who attends here, my others attend schools that are a good fit for them. We love, he loves it, and is upset when he misses school. What a change! Keep doing what you are doing staff!

Posted September 13, 2013
I have three children enrolled in Tampa Day School. This school has exceeded my expectations in all areas, and the kids love it as much as my husband and I do (a huge plus). I highly recommend this school!!!

Posted June 21, 2013
If you have a child who has been diagnosed with ADHD, please consider checking out TDS. My very intelligent, but very inattentive and forgetful daughter struggled to succeed in the public school system all the way through the 6th grade. I switched her to Tampa Day School a year ago, she just completed 7th grade there, and we have experienced an unbelievable difference in her schoolwork, her attitude toward school, and her general happiness. The administrators & teachers get to know EACH student's strengths and weaknesses, they care deeply about doing whatever it takes to help each child succeed and love learning.

Tampa Day School