Tampa, FL

Heritage Elementary School 1

Posted May 07, 2015
Tutors (paid by parents) help some students DURING SCHOOL HOURS AT THE CLASS!! Also these students get additional advantages and privileges during the tests. During SAT and FSA tests the students, who were signed up for tutoring, were taking to a separate classroom (from the rest of the students) and were allowed to use DICITIONARIES! The rest of the students on their own. Looks like their achievments are not so importants to an administration and teachers, since the good grades are achieved by students with tutoring programm, so the School's students grades overall look good. It seems like this School achieved its good "B" rate by udsing this unfair "Tutoring system". I don't know if the Schoold Board approved this practice. Maybe it's in whole Hillsborough County.

Posted January 08, 2015
We relocated from Northern VA- July 2014. I was very nervous about my daughter starting 5th grade at a new school- where she did not know anyone.. However, after just a few days she adjusted well and started making new friends and loves her new school. Her teacher- Mrs. Beckmann is superb! She truly cares about each student and has excellent communication with me regarding my daughter's progress! Heritage also offers various clubs and programs- which my daughter loves- Chorus, Running Club and Peer Mediator. Thanks Heritage Elementary and Mrs, Beckmann for making my daughter's last year of elementary school an awesome experience!

Posted June 19, 2014
My kids have loved going to Heritage and have loved all of their teachers. The teachers really seem to care here at this school. We love the smaller classroom sizes.

Posted May 22, 2014
My family has thoroughly enjoyed having our kids at this school. It's a hidden treasure off Cross Creek Blvd. The teachers are dedicated and loving to the children. I witness the teachers having solid relationships with children in their own classes and many other children of other grades. The administration and staff are also so friendly. Mr. Alvarez and Mrs. Stover are solid leaders and their office staff are wonderful and friendly. The whole school environment feels like a family. We are honored to be apart of it! The PTA is strong and hardworking as evident by the awards recently received at district level.

Posted February 18, 2014
This school has been a blessing. My family moved to this school this year and my kids had problems at other schools but the teachers here have helped them especially my boys 5th grade teacher mrs.beckman. She somehow has my boy liking to go to school and wanting to do good. I hope my girl gets her for a teacher next year

Heritage Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
We moved to this area a year ago. Heritage is a great school! My son has had a fantastic experience and loves school. The teachers and staff are great! They are very friendly and it is easy to see that the students are their first priority. I always feel welcome when I am visiting the school. This is a great learning environment. Class sizes are great too! We are very happy to be a part of the Bobcat family! I would recommend this school to anyone moving into this area. Compared to other schools in the immediate area, this one has smaller class sizes and a very attentive, friendly faculty and staff whose love of children is apparent in all that they do.

Heritage Elementary School 1

Posted June 12, 2013
They should rename this school the nightmare of New Tampa. The absolute most unprofessional school I have ever seen in my 27 year career. Staff members fighting each other in the parking lot. Teachers backstabbing one another. Administration at this school does not care or support the students and staff. ESE teachers screaming in students and staff member faces. A complete disgrace to the teaching profession. The few remaining great teachers have moved on. I will do the same. I hope parents in New Tampa area will see this and find a decent school. My three years of horror are over. If you must stay pick your cheek teachers wisely

Heritage Elementary School 3

Posted May 22, 2013
This is our first year at this school and I cannot express my disappointment in the lack of leadership that administration shows when a teacher is failing to properly teach a class. I have been to speak with both administrators on several occasions and they have both denied that what I say is happening is happening even when I have shown cell phone video ~ how can you deny it has happened when a parent has shown you a video of it happening? I have 3 children at this school and we have issues in two classes, however only 1 teacher is really bad and inept the others are trying but without administration backing our teachers we are setting our teachers up for failure. there is virtually no parent involvement and I would say administration likes it that way they have expressed several times that they would prefer me not be at the school so often, unfortunately I will continue to come until we are able to change schools hopefully before another lost year of education occurs. if you are lucky enough to get a good teacher and don't come to the school you will have no problems but if your involved I'm sure you too will be asking to be changed to another school

Heritage Elementary School 3

Posted May 07, 2013
I must say it is sad that the reviews of parents are deleted when they r not saying how great the school is! The principal does nothing to make sure the teachers are taking care of their classes, call parents and students lairs . Our kindergarten teacher was great ! But I must say that is about it. My child has not moved forward at all this year. If u are able to choice to a different school that is your best choice for your child.

Heritage Elementary School 4

Posted April 26, 2013
My both kids are going in Heritage Elementary. My older one joined from a private school and I have had mixed experiences with teachers. Some teachers are very nice and work hard while few believe in complaining than understanding and solving the issues. My younger one started in Heritage this year and her teacher Ms. Page (think I should mention her name) is very hard working. So your experience with school mostly depends upon the teacher of that year than school, that's what I felt. School is A rated and has achieved good FCAT score. Their scores are improving every year. Teacher and students ratio is small than other nearby schools. Teachers prepare kids for SAT or FCAT very well.

Heritage Elementary School
18201 East Meadows Road, Tampa, FL  33647
Last modified Heritage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top