354 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Posted December 06, 2015
Lockhart has so much potential and it's only getting better as the years continue. I'm looking forward to the cooking club in 2016.

Lockhart Elementary Magnet School
Grateful to: Student

Posted December 06, 2015
I would like to recognize 3rd grader Oriana Diaz. I am the Student Nutrition Manager and I have the pleasure of cooking with her each week . She keeps reminding g me why I love my job so much. She's a great sous chef.

Posted August 06, 2013
At the summer program offered at Lockhart Elementary, Jana researched butterflies and their habitats, created a schematic, and built a certified butterfly garden. Each day she shared all kinds of details about her new experiences. In the classroom she engaged in discussions that made it possible for her to reflect and make comparisons. This was excellent opportunity for her to be creative and exercise critical thinking skills in a real situation. She is very excited about starting her school year at Lockhart Elementary and I can't wait to hear about her new adventures. I am thankful for the teachers and staff members that made this program possible. I truly believe that programs like this are springboards to academic success. This program was empowering her as an independent learner. I am so very grateful!

Posted June 18, 2012
Lockhart Creative Science Centre provides opportunities for students to problem solve to engineer the future. The outdoor science labs are amazing. Students learn how to compost, build and maintain a butterfly garden and grow plants in a hydroponics garden.

Posted May 05, 2009
I love this school and their extracuricular activities. My kids have been in this school for their kindergarten year.

Lockhart Elementary Magnet School 3

Posted January 09, 2007
The academic quality of this school appears very low, pulling students mostly from the surrounding, lower socioeconomic community. The faculty and administrators are very friendly. The scope and variety of extracurricular activities is phenomenal--including violin, dance, singing, art, Latin, Spanish, steel drums, etc... Overall, I give the school very high marks for creating a varied extracurricular environment and friendly atmosphere, however the academics are lacking because it appears the teachers must teach to the lowest common denominator. Personally, I like the personal attention my child receives, therefore I'd endorse this school.

Posted May 12, 2006
teachers are nice, too many kids behind so that the kids who are on tract are not pushed to their potential. a lot of out of control kids at this school... practically no parent involvement

Posted February 28, 2006
Acdemics seem to be ok. My dd teacher is very involved and accessible. Great oppurtunities for xtra curricular activities but has very low parental involovement and seems somewhat disorganized. Principal is nice and friendly with parents and students.

Posted December 29, 2004
I beleive this is a wonderful school as far as student interaction and teacher participation. My child use to be shy but he has really opened up to the point where he's playing two instruments and loves to write. I also love the fact that they kep us informed with what's going on I usually receive information everyday about different school events and their at different times so working parents do get an opportunity to attend. Last but not least the staff is excellent. I always know what's going on with my child, and if I have questions or concerns, someone is always available to assist me. On a scale of 1 - 10 academics they get an 8, and extracurricular activities they get a 10, parent involvement a 7. An overall rating for this schoo; I give them a 9. I am really impressed and grateful he is a student.

Lockhart Elementary Magnet School 2

Posted May 09, 2004
For this to be a performing arts school, I was not pleased at all with the performances given this year. They could've been a lot better. My daughter was in two, and they were not all that great. Also, when choosing this school, one should be very mindful of the low socioeconomic environment that this school is located in. There was a lot of 'drama' and gossip going on between my daughter and her peers, and I don't feel that my daughter learned as much as she can academically. Rather, she learned a lot about how to deal with the hard-knocks and ways to defend herself. I would not recommend this school to anyone who is serious about their child's education.

Lockhart Elementary Magnet School
3719 North 17th Street, Tampa, FL  33610
Last modified Lockhart Elementary Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.