Tampa, FL

Posted August 19, 2014
I as a parent do not recommend this school to any parent child. Potter is unorganized nothing about fundraisers, picture day info etc.was never sent home until it's time for the fundraiser to begin and until it's the actual picture day, barely seen the Principal anywhere, my son in kindergarten got hurt on a Friday on school campus playing outside and I was never notified because the teacher( Ms. Hanna) never sent him to the nurse I had to take him to the ER. the next day because he couldn't lift his arm up to but on his clothes he had a sprung shoulder later I took him his doctor and found out it was a hair line fracture on his shoulder blade.

Posted February 09, 2011
My daughter attended potter for 1yr and to be HONEST my child cryed almost every single day in which that showed me she was very UNHAPPY with her surrondings also I received lack of teacher communication /envolvement etc. I even went as far as changing her teacher in the middle of the school year in which that made no difference once my child left she attended MITCHELL ( an A school) which was a 365 turn around from POTTER. My child was in the first grade at the time and could barely read it really seemed as if POTTER taught my child NOTHING at all. She had to repeat the first grade due the lack of education potter had given her and Im sorry but i will not recommend anyone or child to potter elementary school. I can proudly say thanks to my envolvement in my childs education and MITCHELL as well as MANGO (a B school) where she attends now she has been an HONOR ROLL student for the past 2yrs and is a very independent / smart happy little girl that LOVES her school .... thx to DR. MOSGROVE of MItchell and MRS. ALDRIDGE at Mango.....

Posted August 04, 2007
- a staff

Potter Elementary School 5

Posted August 20, 2006
I was new in the Potter district, upon seeing their score of 'F' I wanted my child to be transferred to another school. The principal herself, asked me to give her school a chance, she was new that year (2004). So I did. I was extremely pleased! The principal is a hands on type person, she gets in there and works!! she loves the school and the children, and it reflects in her attitude and her team of teachers, and crew. My children love the school, It is a well rounded environment, I feel nothing is lacking, they are ON IT!! This school is going places! With a principal like that, theres no place except UP. I would recommend Potter to all parents.

Potter Elementary School
3224 East Cayuga Street, Tampa, FL  33610
Last modified Potter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Potter Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top