636 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I love the school my little girl is doing well when she want to her old school she did not no anything now she is doing a lot better will I know she can do it and I would like to say thank you alot

This is the worst school I've ever experienced in Tampa! The school is unorganized. They punish students who don't wear uniforms with in-house suspension (as if the kids pick out their own clothes!) promoting low self esteem. They have other policies that teach the kids to develop grudges and keep them. They enforce punishments without notifying parents. DON'T SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL!!

This school still needs more improvement, and maybe a whole new office team. Am pretty sure they have a diploma and just basic training. I will not lie they have some great teachers. But the staff and their office needs polishing or replacement. They also implemented this new way of learning away from the basic. I will never recommend this school never even knew of it. Till I moved in the neighborhood.

I as a parent do not recommend this school to any parent child. Potter is unorganized nothing about fundraisers, picture day info etc.was never sent home until it's time for the fundraiser to begin and until it's the actual picture day, barely seen the Principal anywhere, my son in kindergarten got hurt on a Friday on school campus playing outside and I was never notified because the teacher( Ms. Hanna) never sent him to the nurse I had to take him to the ER. the next day because he couldn't lift his arm up to but on his clothes he had a sprung shoulder later I took him his doctor and found out it was a hair line fracture on his shoulder blade.

My daughter attended potter for 1yr and to be HONEST my child cryed almost every single day in which that showed me she was very UNHAPPY with her surrondings also I received lack of teacher communication /envolvement etc. I even went as far as changing her teacher in the middle of the school year in which that made no difference once my child left she attended MITCHELL ( an A school) which was a 365 turn around from POTTER. My child was in the first grade at the time and could barely read it really seemed as if POTTER taught my child NOTHING at all. She had to repeat the first grade due the lack of education potter had given her and Im sorry but i will not recommend anyone or child to potter elementary school. I can proudly say thanks to my envolvement in my childs education and MITCHELL as well as MANGO (a B school) where she attends now she has been an HONOR ROLL student for the past 2yrs and is a very independent / smart happy little girl that LOVES her school .... thx to DR. MOSGROVE of MItchell and MRS. ALDRIDGE at Mango.....

Last modified Potter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.