134 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

I found this review page by accident looking for something else related to this school. I transferred this year to NTAS and love the administration and staff. I have worked in alternative education and behavior settings for the past 20 years and can honestly tell you all schools work continuously to improve and ours is no different. I will also tell you I teach the county mandated curriculum and my students have passed their county issued mid-terms and on track to pass their finals. Our school services the top .005% of the 200,000 students in HCPS and yes, our students receive suspensions when warranted. I would encourage anyone reading this and checking out alternative schools to please come visit and check us out. We work very hard every day at trying to save each and every one of our students from the life-changing negative consequences of their choices, but we can't save them all. The first two posts are from 2008, come see where we are now in 2013:))

I definately agree with the first post, If you have other options besides this school, Take advantage of it. I find they are quick to suspend 10 full days for anything repeatedly. Quick to try to make you pay for things that get damaged by others, and classrooms lack supervision, or teachers turn their heads and act like they dont see anything. The office staff is very unperfessional aswell.

I have found that this school does the bare minimum as far as curriculum is concerned. Because it is an alternative school they are pretty strict as far as discipline, but there is definately an uneven balance. I am seriously concerned that when my son is ready to go back to his normal school he will be so far behind academically that it will cause frustration and eventual outlashing, landing him right back. If you have any other alternative to sending your child to this school, I would take advantage of it. If you are just looking to slide your child through the system, this may be the right school for you though.

Last modified North Tampa Alternative School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12