Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Four grandchildren in lower and middle division all love school and feel extremely safe in every way

Great school, great teachers. Due to the nature of my husband's work, our children have attended schools in and out of the USA since kindergarten. We find Berkeley to be a well run school, with great teachers, a solid curriculum and nurturing environment. I am confident they will leave Berkeley well prepared for the challenges of university life.

Amount of homework: Agree

It's college prep. That means, get used to lots of work Outside of class plus the fun stuff.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Student committees police any disputes and solid oversight from administration. Honor code strictly enforced and big names have been expelled for cheating.

Fantastic and caring teachers and administrators, greatest facilities, traditions, unifying initiatives. Prepares motivated students for the world's top colleges and universities. Great spirit and wonderful alumni network around the globe.

Our two children both attend this school in lower division. It was so stressful making the "right" decision for their education. I am sure they would of been fine at Mabry but we truly feel we made the right choice. This school is amazing. From the education to the culture to the warm welcoming parent community. This truly is a family and making this decision was one of the best we have made. To the reviews about money, yes the school is expensive and yes there are plenty of people with money, but no one there acts as if they are better then anyone else because of it. This is just an awesome place and the best thing you can do for your children if you live in Tampa Bay.

I attended Berkeley from kindergarten to 12th grade. I am a "lifer" and echo many of the sentiments that are written on this page. Berkeley is an amazing school, with amazing academics and a tight-knit community. I am now in medical school (at one of the best in the nation) and truly believe I would not be here today if it was not for Berkeley. The teachers at Berkeley were amazing (shout out to Mrs. Deweese, who is THE BEST!). The teachers inspired me to learn, and the curriculum pushed me to have strong study habits. I felt extremely prepared for my AP exams and score a 4 or 5 on all of them, allowing me to enter college with many credits. I would highly recommend Berkeley to high-achieving, driven, and involved students. However, that being said, BPS is not for everyone. It is very academically challenging and the student must be willing to put in the work. If the student is not willing to put in the effort, I would say BPS may not be worth it. I know some students who were very stressed about the academics and could not handle the work load. If your child is struggling in school already, BPS may not be the best fit.

Our 2 children have attended this school for the past 2 years. We couldn't be happier, best school in Tampa Bay Area - especially with regard to academics. Parents and teachers are wonderful people, not "rich snobs" or anything like that. By the way, of the 5 1-star ratings I found on this site for Berkeley, 4 were written in 2011 and sounded very similar. I suspect they were from the same disgruntled parent. Since these reviews are anonymous, we will never know!

Wow... parents talking about how much money they make in reference to school reviews... doesn't sound like the character development this school claims to instill has generalized to the home. Not sure I would want my child exposed to anytthing like that

I toured this school while looking for private education for my three children. Everyone said this was the place to send your children, if you could afford it. While I found the grounds to be nice and the marketing staff friendly, I was put off by what I saw in the classrooms I toured. I spent some time in a first-grade classroom while the teacher was giving a test. She gave the questions verbally, so I was able to hear them. I found her questions to be very poorly constructed and lacking quality. We then went to the science room where a documentary on monkeys was being shown. The students appeared bored and the science teacher disinterested in their level of interest. We then went to the library. The students were being taught how to take notes while reading. Again, the students seemed very disinterested. Several asked to use the bathroom. Notes were being passed. I could tell my tour guide was unhappy with what we were seeing, hardly a good sell for three-children's tuition. I still considered moving forward with the application process, but after reading the literature on the average SAT scores, I chose not to do so. I found the scores and school to be mediocre, at best.

Last modified Berkeley Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12