Literacy/Leadership/Technology Academy

Charter | 6-8 | 292 students

Sweep tile

Posted April 9, 2014

My child has attended LLT for 2 years. Our family has been very pleased with the school and administration. The teachers care about the character of the students and their academic progress. There are many opportunities for the students to be involved if they choose to do so. Thank you for still caring about our kids. And a shout out to the ladies in the office....you are awesome! Thank you to the administration for still having integrity and teaching our kids how important it is.

Posted March 27, 2014

Do NOT send your child here. It's horrible. There are a few good teachers but overall the staff is very rude. I know my child is no angel but certain teachers clearly play favorites to the point that it's so obvious. Communication is a joke. You find out once a week about any issues your child might be having. They have them write "checks" for every infraction from not having a pencil to getting up to throw something away. My child is so discouraged. When I pull up to pick up my kids they tell me how they were yelled at. It's not a school, it's a prison. I won't be sending my little one there. In fact, I wouldn't send a dog there to be trained.

Posted February 12, 2014

LLT is amazing! I have three children attending this year, grades 8, 4, and 3. My 8th grader was not doing well in his assigned middle school his 7th grade year so we looked into LLT. The school itself isn't much to look at. The older buildings and portables are not pretty, but we liked the smaller environment and the education my kids are getting there is much more important to me. The sports program is fantastic, offering more sports than most regular public schools, and offering them to the older elementary students as well as the middle schoolers. Also, the middle schoolers have six electives. Five on Mondays (dedicated solely to electives) and one on regular school days (Tuesday - Friday). All of my kids are doing well and loving school. The bottom line is this: If you are looking for a school with a brand new state-of-the art building, a huge gym, and a sprawling soccer field, this may not be the school for you. However, if you are looking for a place where your kids will get an excellent education, with teachers and administrators so familiar with you and your children that they feel like family, this is it!

Posted January 12, 2014

LLT Academy is a wonderful school for everyone. They take interest in every students needs and help them become the best academically and how they think. All the teachers care about each student and almost all offer after school tutoring for those struggling. Their uniform policy is very strict (the way it should be) but sadly in the 2014-2015 school year they are changing their policy to only red polos with the LLT logo and cream shorts from all colored polos and navy,cream, or olive shorts because a few students are not following the current policy. The buildings for the middle school are in need of some major renovations and the classrooms are small for the 20 children sitting in there but other than that I give this school a 5 star rating

Posted November 13, 2013

I think the faculty are the ones who impersonate parents to give this school a good rating!! I'm a parent and I am 100% not impressed with the administration and those non teachers who run the school. The focus is money, period!! That's why they cram all the students into such a small space and don't welcome parent involvement!! Sneaky and underhanded it what's behind the administration and the board, not the students or academics!!!

Posted March 8, 2012

What a fantastic school! Great electives, after school activities and fun! Communication could be better between the school and parents, but my daughter is LOVING going to school. How many kids going to middle school say that? They really care about the students and it shows!

Posted June 27, 2011

Dear Ms. Logan, I want to thank you and your staff for the wonderful education you provided for my son Joe. He has received the best tutelage possible. If it was not for your school he would have been forced to go to an inferior school. We have been through this with him before and also seen the difference when we took him out and put him in a better school. The difference is night and day. If you need any recommendations from me or my wife, we would be glad to oblige. God bless you and your staff. -Joe and Patti

Posted June 21, 2011

My grandson Cameron , who lives with me has just completed three great years at LLT Academy. He graduated on June 8th 2011. Its hard to express what a wonderful experience Cameron had while attending LLT Academy . He has matured and developed in so many ways during this time. The teachers at LLT have been understanding and have devoted so much to this developmental period of Cameron s life. I would also like to commend the administration for selecting this staff and being so supportive of them. I doubt that Cameron will ever have another school experience like this. The everyday guidance and caring has made a lasting impression on both of us.

Posted June 21, 2011

A safe, small, caring environment where students thrive. I have had three children attend 6-8th grades at LLT Academy and we LOVED our middle school experience. Our children were challenged academically and they grew in character. The teachers are amazing and truly care about the students. Several teachers offered free tutoring. We love LLT and are thankful for the entire staff and how they invested in our children.

Posted June 9, 2011

DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL, especially if your child needs any type of individualized education or has any medical needs. Our experience sending our child here has been horrific at best. They have a "private school" mindset when it comes to accommodating any physical or developmental disabilities, while they are a fully public charter school. There are some great teachers and staff here, but the administration changed this year, and the school has gone downhill since. We will not be returning, or sending our other child here; we hate to think of any other child going through what ours has, this year. Either the board needs to hire new administrators, or this school needs to lose their charter--that's how bad it is. We hope they will make some drastic changes to get back on track.

Posted April 16, 2011

My oldest son attends this school -- this is his second year. The environment at LLT is one of caring with a focus on academics that is second to none. I will definitely be sending my other children to this school. The teachers and the administration work together and create a family-like environment. My son tells me all the time how happy he is that he didn't go to our local designated middle school.

Posted April 6, 2011

My daughter attended LLT For 6th, 7th and 8th grades. She had three banner years and was awarded LLT's Leadership award in 8th grade. She is now at a district high school where she is one of 69 students out of over 2,000 students to receive straight 'A's in both academics and conduct. She was also one out of two students to receive the highest grade on a 9th grade essay writing test. The other student who received the highest grade also went to LLT for 6th, 7th and 8th grades. LLT prepares students not only with excellent character, but also academically. Five stars for LLT!!!

Posted March 24, 2011

My son left the Redlands at 5 years old ,not able to even say mom or Dad.Today I was told he was 1 of only 3 kids to obtain a perfect score in reading.LLT Acadamy is a great school.Thank you to all teachers.You deserve the best.

Posted March 24, 2011

We were psyched about this school last year but now that we are in...we are questioning our decision. Communication between parents and teachers is horrible and the principal seems to have no idea what is going on with the students. The only communication we get right away has to do with money and fundraising. We are not sure that our child has been prepared for FCAT at all. If we need to talk to a teacher about trouble our son is having, it seems like they don't want to hear it or want to point the finger somewhere else.

Posted March 21, 2011

I rated this school last year and gave it 5 stars- now only 2... that reflects clearly upon how rapidly conditions have declined. Our child went to this school for 2 years and loved the first one. Unfortunately, the principle, Mr. Miller, had a family emergency and had to leave the state. Following that change in administration, the school has been in a tail-spin.

Posted May 4, 2010

My child loves this school! She is very happy at school and never wants to miss a day even if she is sick. The teachers are great and very caring. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. It is small enough that everyone knows everyone.

Posted November 30, 2009

i am a parent of two students in llt academy.. one in the charter high the other in the academy.. i love to see them coming back home talking about what they did in school.. and how the teachers are so awesome.. unlike in public school they didnt want to really talk about what went on that day!...

Posted May 15, 2009

This was my son's first year at LLT. He had a great nurturing environment. It is a family there. The teachers are quick to email the parents with any questions. The parents get quick responses from the teachers. They take a genuine interest well beyond the academics of their students. Parent volunterism is very high

Posted December 10, 2008

I have a son and daughter attending LLTA. I am so happy with the school and their progress at LLT Academy. The smaller campus makes a smoother transaction from elelmentary to middle school. The teachers my children have had are excellent to above excellent. The ONLY thing I can complain about is the fact that it is over 20 miles to get to school ... BUT worth every mile! Carpools are wonderful!

Posted October 1, 2008

Great teachers and involved staff - they are getting more activities. I love this school and am happy with the academics, too. I cannot believe the C - but they teach, not teach to the FCAT. Also, there are some kids who struggle but they don't turn them away. My child is in advanced classes and they are great at every level. I give this school an ' A ' - I wish all our schools were like this. Good environment for students to - they educate and hold them accountable - very little trouble here - my child is a 'good kid' and for the most part loves the fact that she can learn here and not be held back by discipline problems in her class.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 59% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

101 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 51% in 2013.

99 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 56% in 2013.

99 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 47% in 2013.

97 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 79% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

78 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

46 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

n/a
Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

n/a

Other degree 0%N/A2%

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 10%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

6771 Madison Ave