Literacy/Leadership/Technology Academy 4

Posted July 21, 2014
LLT Academy is a great school and offers so many opportunities to their students!! They really do strive to make every student succeed! The only thing that is currently bothering me is their new uniform policy which consists of either a black or red LLT polo with khaki shorts. I had to spend OVER $100 for my son's uniform, the polos are way too big and uncomfortable because you are buying them from a store that specializes in sports wear...... Not actual school clothes. I already have to spend a lot of my money getting my children into the school so I don't want to spend even more on an uncomfortable uniform.

Posted June 19, 2014
My son and daughter both attended LLT Academy from 6th grade to 8th grade, a year apart from each other. Both my children enjoyed LLT Academy. The teachers always made it fun to learn (including tutoring), the staff was always helpful and would take time to listen to parents and students, there were plenty of opportunities to volunteer at the school, my children enjoyed the electives including CAD and wood shop, and especially 8th grade graduation. My son is going into the 10th grade and taking honors classes and my daughter just graduated 8th grade as the Salutatorian of her class.Thank you teachers, admin, and staff at LLT Academy for providing a higher education for my children and preparing them for high school. p.s. I volunteered so much I was elected in as the PTSO president for 2 years.

Posted June 19, 2014
Truly Literacy/Leadership/Technology Academy has lived up to its name and far surpassed our exceptions when we enrolled our granddaughter in grade six as a middle school student three years ago. Mrs. Logan the principal is a very strong leader, she holds the administration, staff and students to a very high standard in academics, leadership, character and taking responsibility for themselves, school property and respect for themselves and others. The communication methods employed by LLT Academy are outstanding, and you always know ahead of time what is going on so that you can prepare your child for the day, week, month and quarter. We highly recommend LLT Academy to any parent who is willing to partner with a wonderful school to prepare their child for the future, with technology and also to learn the skills necessary to deal with challenges of life as a whole.

Posted June 16, 2014
My daughter just finished 3 wonderful years at LLT Academy (6-8th). In LLT we found the size and experience of a private school, but without the price tag! The teachers are caring and understanding, and everybody knows the kids names-it feels like a family. The teachers make learning fun and go above and beyond to help the kids to understand the subjects (even offer tutoring if needed). The electives and after school sports offered are plentiful. I know LLT has helped my daughter be ready for high school not only academically, but with the character and leadership skills needed. I highly recommend this school...too bad they don't have a high school!

Posted June 11, 2014
My daughter went to LLT Academy from 6th through 8th grade. I would highly recommend this school. She had a wonderful experience. How many middle school students would say that or cry at graduation because of the experience they had during middle school! When I say experience I mean; overall academic achievements, outstanding teachers and staff, great student body, and various activities that brought her new learning's. LLT strives to make the academic experience positive for each student and places the child at the proper level. The teachers are very committed and enjoy teaching and with that they teach in a way that makes it fun to learn hard subjects. They form positive impactful relationships with their students. The staff provides personalization and will know your family after only a couple of meetings. They are always willing to help and listen to your needs. LLT offers a variety of activities that will broaden your child's growth and learning. And with how they organize their electives, the kids could experience all of them. Lastly, the student body that is formed because of how the school is ran is amazing. The students become family who support each other.

Posted June 10, 2014
I have had 3 children attend LLT. My two oldest are now enrolled in Collegiate Academy programs. My 10th grader took the PERT test to determine academic readiness for dual enrollment courses and he scored a perfect 150 out of 150 on the Math portion. His math teachers at LLT were amazing! My daughter is now going into 6th grade and we are thrilled to have her at LLT, too. The school requires uniforms which I think limits bullying issues. Overall I have been extremely pleased with the academics, the communication, and the focus on leadership and character.

Posted April 29, 2014
Thank you LLT academy! Our daughters were incredibly prepared for High School thanks to you. They went from LLT's approximately 300 kid campus last year to a campus of 2500, with a freshman class of around 700 at Kingwood High School in TX! A 6A school, rated at a 9! One daughter just won the academic achievement award for Spanish 2 and her twin sister won the academic achievement award for Biology! The teachers really care about the kids and their success academically. They learn responsibility and gain a sense of independence and we really appreciate the moral compass that guides all they do at LLT. LLT Academy did an amazing job preparing our daughters for High School.

Posted April 09, 2014
My child has attended LLT for 2 years. Our family has been very pleased with the school and administration. The teachers care about the character of the students and their academic progress. There are many opportunities for the students to be involved if they choose to do so. Thank you for still caring about our kids. And a shout out to the ladies in the office....you are awesome! Thank you to the administration for still having integrity and teaching our kids how important it is.

Literacy/Leadership/Technology Academy 1

Posted March 27, 2014
Do NOT send your child here. It's horrible. There are a few good teachers but overall the staff is very rude. I know my child is no angel but certain teachers clearly play favorites to the point that it's so obvious. Communication is a joke. You find out once a week about any issues your child might be having. They have them write "checks" for every infraction from not having a pencil to getting up to throw something away. My child is so discouraged. When I pull up to pick up my kids they tell me how they were yelled at. It's not a school, it's a prison. I won't be sending my little one there. In fact, I wouldn't send a dog there to be trained.

Posted February 12, 2014
LLT is amazing! I have three children attending this year, grades 8, 4, and 3. My 8th grader was not doing well in his assigned middle school his 7th grade year so we looked into LLT. The school itself isn't much to look at. The older buildings and portables are not pretty, but we liked the smaller environment and the education my kids are getting there is much more important to me. The sports program is fantastic, offering more sports than most regular public schools, and offering them to the older elementary students as well as the middle schoolers. Also, the middle schoolers have six electives. Five on Mondays (dedicated solely to electives) and one on regular school days (Tuesday - Friday). All of my kids are doing well and loving school. The bottom line is this: If you are looking for a school with a brand new state-of-the art building, a huge gym, and a sprawling soccer field, this may not be the school for you. However, if you are looking for a place where your kids will get an excellent education, with teachers and administrators so familiar with you and your children that they feel like family, this is it!

Literacy/Leadership/Technology Academy
6771 Madison Ave, Tampa, FL  33619
Last modified Literacy/Leadership/Technology Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Literacy/Leadership/Technology Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews.