Tampa, FL
After care: No

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted May 28, 2015
Not with the ongoing fights and threats that are happening around, not only the students but with the teachers as well.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 28, 2015
They promote fear and unworthiness into their children, not giving them a taste of the world in front of them.

Posted May 28, 2015
This school has turned into a prison like community when they joined in with Turner elementary, The uniforms have become those similar to prison wear, and the teachers have stopped caring as much as they did last year. They also had almost HALF of they're students kicked out of the school to go to LIberty Middle. Before this school was more of like a school than a jail cell. The passing time is incredibly to short. And now the eighth graders aren't getting treated as the high-schoolers that they will soon be, but as kindergarteners with all the youngins running about.

Posted September 25, 2014
Very disappointed in the new school merger. My 8th grader feels like he is in elementary school. They are doing nothing to prepare him for high school. What a shame.
2 people found this helpful

Bartels Middle School 3

Posted September 05, 2014
This is a great school for learning but the uniform policy ever since this school turned into Turner/Bartels K-8 has been a little too strict. The students only have two colors to where to school and they have to wear certain colored pants and even jackets & sweatshirts. The students also can't wear jeggings or leggings and have to wear certain colored tank tops and undershirts. The times that they have for passing should be extended too. Instead of five minutes like last year, they decided to give them three minutes, and they can't go to the bathroom or to their lockers during passing. They can only go to their lockers before and after school. The learning is great, but it's just how the school system goes now that makes it harder for my child and other students.

Posted August 29, 2014
bartels is an amazing school !! all of the teachers are so kind and considerate of their students ! they will help the students with their if needed and they care about them so much ! they will always say to never give up and always try your best . I think bartels is an amazing school for incoming sixth graders !

Posted January 18, 2014
BARTELS is the best middle school ever!And I'm a student and to me I made the best of friends and their teachers super nice and give us homework but it's usually really easy and I'm an honor roll student so yeah...there's just like one or two problems to me and that's the gym I just don't like how there are like games that the students don't give any sportsmanship unless the coach tells u and the other problem is the uniform policy,I understand the good side about it but there honestly very ugly and the students don't get to express our selfs and we can't be different and I totally understand that some of the students dress very in mature but just take that into note and by the way I'm in 6th grade

Posted August 24, 2013
June 6th comment: First of all it is by far your place to comment about how parents are expressing their concern about their children! IF YOUR read correctly these parents were complaining their children were suspended BUT OBVIOUSLY with out you knowing the story and your "ARE YOU KIDDING ME " comment NO IM NOT KIDDING YOU BEACUSE MY SON WA SUSPENDED FOR SOMETHING HE DID "NOT" do ! That I why I obviously contacted the school board and went up to the school to speak to them and they let him back so thank you for writing your rude comment I'm a proud parent and come from a great neighborhood as my child is not being bused in and I'm HIGHLY INVOLVED in my child's education as I took him out of battles as it is down at the bottom but I pay very high taxes to deal with that such a real shame!!

Posted August 23, 2013
Don't send your child here. They are very racist with hispanics and blacks. It's like you have to be white to be accepted.

Posted August 06, 2013
Dedicated teachers, administrators, and support personnel fill the ranks of one of Hillsborough county's finest middle schools. The school has taken a new more positive direction requiring uniforms this year which will minimize conflicts between students and improve morale. Dr. Binder exemplifies professionalism and demands the same from his staff and students. A small percentage of parents or guardians are responsible for most problems. They blame everyone but themselves for discipline issues that occur and undermine progress. Most of the kids are great and will do well as they transition from middle to high schools. I highly recommend this school.

9020 Imperial Oak Boulevard, Tampa, FL  33647
Last modified Bartels Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bartels Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top