Huntington Learning Center- Tampa 4

Posted April 11, 2013
My son has special needs and has been attending Huntington's School. He and I are very pleased. The teachers are very kind and helpful, there are many adults available to assist the students with questions, and the environment is calming. While the work may not be as challenging academically, or provide some of the benefits of a traditional classroom or school, it really moves the child along and removes for my son a number of the anxiety provoking elements that exist in a regular school setting. There is no homework (a plus for him), there is open communication among the teachers and administration and parents, and they are very patient dealing with the special needs of my son (he has Aspergers and huge school anxiety). Although my son is still struggling with his anxiety about school, he is doing better at Huntington than he has in two years at other more traditional schools. I wanted to post this review as the only other review was from a very dissatisfied parent, and I am on the other end of the spectrum.

Huntington Learning Center- Tampa 1

Posted August 19, 2011
We are very disappointed in this company, and would not recommend their program. HLC stated their program focuses on "techniques" in taking the SAT that are not taught in schools. We started a 12 week program costing $2200 with statements that the average student increases their score 200 points by following this course of study. Half way through the program, my son completed another practice SAT and scored worse than before we engaged HLC. Luckily I only paid for 1/2 of the course up to that time. They practice very strong marketing techniques, like refusing to give test results over the phone and only allowing consulting at the facility so you are on their "home turf" when they put the squeeze on you in front of your kids. I discovered that the testing techniques they try to teach can be found in many books you can purchase on Amazon for less than $20. We learned a hard lesson...do not trust this company or their tactics. They are great marketing people and have learned how to influence parents who want the best for their childs future, but their results are highly suspicious and their office staff are not customer friendly...you feel like you are working for them.

Huntington Learning Center- Tampa
13911 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL  33618
(813) 265-1993
Last modified Huntington Learning Center- Tampa is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Huntington Learning Center- Tampa Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top