5-8|Private

Bad
Good

My daughter is a 5th grader at Academy Prep, and I am so grateful for the opportunity that they have given her. Academy Prep is prepping my daughter for the future. They believe in providing the highest level of education, and their purpose is to prepare each child to be able to excel to the next level. My daughter has the best teachers. The Administration, teachers, and all of the faculty and staff are very pleasant and are willing to assist you in any way. I truly thank God for allowing Academy Prep to be my child's school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Each teacher made an oath to care for and provide the best services to each individual student, and at Academy Prep I couldn't be any happier. The teachers really care about the education that their students are being provided, Each teacher is knowledgeable about what they teach and have a open door policy to parents, as well as students.

Amount of homework: Agree

For the amount of core classes, I think the homework is suitable and wouldn't change anything about it.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Academy Prep starts their day with convocation to join the school as a whole together. To make sure all students are equal and to feel like a family. The school demonstrates integrity by teaching each and every student to be honest, trustworthy, and respectable. Academy Prep provides each student the same opportunity when it comes to their education .

I am a parent of twins attending Academy Prep Center of Tampa and I have to say there are not enough good things to say about this school. These students have the opportunity to get a top notch private education at no cost to the parent, except volunteer hours. They have learned so much through their outdoor field trips to crystal springs, Hillsborough river state park, and Fort DeSoto park, to name a few. The have learned chess, gardening, bucket drumming, zumba dancing, ...the list goes on and on. Any parent should explore APT as the next step in their children's education following elementary school.

I am a parent who has a child that has been attending This school for 3years now.over the years this has been a awesome experience for me and my child,even though the school is for my child it has also help me to become a more helpful parent!the teachers,students,and parents have all became one within a family of loving and caring people!i am a proud parent to have the opportunity for my child to be experiencing this great school.my child has exceeded and excelled passed his own goals.i thank this school for the help and the love they have giving both of us!

This is the BEST PRIVATE SCHOOL IN THE NATION!!! When my son was in the 3rd grade, I found out about this school and I started making plans for him to attend. He has been there since his 5th grade year and I am one satisified parent. I would recommend this school to anyone that wants a good quality education for their child.

I would like to say that Academy Prep has been such an extraordinary plus in both of my children's preparation for their futures. Both have gotten an abundance of opportunities that I would have not been able to give if it had not been for the foundation that this school has provided. I believe in the vision of the school and I would highly recommend Academy Prep Center of Tampa to any parent wanting to see their child or children be able to SUCCEED and accomplish the GOALS!!

I used to go to this school, it was my first year. Don't let them fool you with their smiles and attitudes. Most of the staff and teachers at this school are cruel and don't care about the students. Since I had horrid grades the principal was really cruel. I told him I wasn't coming back to his school for another year. I told him I was going to Jennings. He said If I were the principal of Jennings I wouldn't accept you. Jennings is a public 1 and 2 why are you so cruel? He called many students rhinos because of the way we walked up the stairs, He called us idiots, this school is just cruel. I just about cried everyday when at least 2 or 3 of the people at that school insulted me personally just because I wasn't a stellar student. I can admit they have wonderful programs, and some of the staff actually care but on the other hand I wish Jennings would've been where I went to first.

This is my son's first year at Academy Prep and I must say it has been an adjustment. I like the fact that you only have to provide the step up for students scholarship. I also like that the staff cares about the students. Academically they are on point!!! The field trips are on the weekends which is great. Wonderful parent involvement because you have to volunteer. Dislike the fact that my child is there from 7-6 and he can not bring his own food for lunch. I have to pay for food that my son doesn't really eat. So basically he's doesn't eat until he comes home. They have to eat outside even in the cold.

Last modified Academy Prep Center of Tampa is a Private school that serves grades 5-8