Posted September 01, 2014
This is our son's second year at West Gate and we have been so incredibly pleased. We drop our lad off each morning knowing that he will be in a safe, loving environment that will allow him to fully concentrate on focusing all his energy and concerns on tackling his 8th grade curriculum. Every teacher from pre-K to 12th, know him by name. Mr. Raymond is just a phone call away and is always receptive to answering any/all questions we have. The office staff is great and the teachers are truly exceptional. The students body is incredibly unique in the way they support each other. We are so thankful to have such a wonderful, Christ focused school to entrust with the education of our child.

West Gate Christian School 1

Posted June 03, 2014
Doesn't even deserve a star It has perhaps the worst customer service I have ever seen.

Posted May 21, 2013
West Gate Christian School is by far one of the best private schools in Tampa. My daughter is going into her third year at West Gate and she loves it! Her academic level is outstanding. She knows more than her older cousins who attend public schools. Parents look no further; this is the school for your children!!

Posted May 15, 2013
Two of my children attend this school and every teacher there knows and loves my kids. They use the best program A Beka learning system and small class sizes are great. The Pre-K3 teacher was so loving and patient with both my children. They teach reading and writing early while allowing my kids to have fun and be kids. This is the best most cost effective Christian School you will find in Tampa.

Posted March 15, 2013
My son is in K4 and my daughter is in K3. We are so happy our children are in a loving place. When I say loving I mean LOVING. It is such a positive place with great values and teachings of God and the word. The teachers do not judge! They do not care what your denomination is. They just want to love and nurture your child. In addition we could not be more pleased academically. My son is already reading a few words and attempting to pronounce signs, cereal boxes, etc. Were not even in kindergarten yet! I have also heard from another parent that her daughter was writting cursive in the first grade. After seeing the education my children are getting, I believe it. When I was growing up I can not remeber reading that early or learning cursive till the thrid grade. Love the staff, love the teachers. Brother Raymond really hold his staff accountable and it shows.

Posted February 06, 2013
My daughter began attending West Gate Christian School in the K-4 VPK program. She is now in the 1st grade. I was so impressed with this school beyond words from day one!! The highly-trained teachers and staff really care about each and every student and their continuing education. My daughter simply loves this school!! I could not ask for more!! I am constantly bragging about WGCS to friends, coworkers, neighbors, family, anyone who will listen!! This school is such a wonderful, enriching learning environment geared towards cultivating our children's impressionable young minds. I would definitely recommend WGCS to anyone who feels their child's education is a priority. The class sizes are very small, so every student is guaranteed the individualized attention they need. The inspiring Christian-based curriculum is taught well-above "average" for the respective grade-level compared to any public school and the students' test scores prove they are learning about two grades ahead of the curve. Also, the teachers and staff are extremely involved with the school activities and parents are encouraged to participate as well. We are so blessed to have such an amazing school in this area!!

Posted December 04, 2012
My daughter is in the K-4 program, and I am amazed at how much she is learning. The quality of education is astounding. Her teacher (highly qualified) is very supportive of my daughter and constantly gives me feedback on how she is doing. School has a very friendly and engaging staff. I absolutely recommend this school.

Posted March 01, 2011
my son is in k-4 at West Gate and I love it! He is growing so much academically and spiritually. I'm very happy with this school

Posted February 16, 2011
WGCS has been a great place for my children to grow and learn. The new administration has really stepped the school up, and I am extremely pleased with the direction the school is going. I am glad that my children are receiving Bible instruction every day. If you are not comfortable with your child learning the Bible and being taught that Christ is "the way, the truth, and the life", then WGCS won't be for you.

Posted May 24, 2010
I am a friend and a relative to students of West Gate Christian Prep School and also of parents who have enrolled their children in WGCPS. I am thankful that I can say these ones who have been effected in any way by this school, have been effected for the better! The teachers hold their children to a very high standard and the respect they ask for at school is often repeated at home/public. The students who've attended for any period of time look, act, and ARE sharp young people as a result of the parents, teachers, and leadership of West Gate Baptist Church. Christian education is an excellent choice, but West Gate Christian Prep School is THE choice if you want your child to learn and be loved. Thanks West Gate Christian Prep School and members for your testimony to an outsider looking in!

West Gate Christian School
5121 Kelly Road, Tampa, FL  33615
Last modified West Gate Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
West Gate Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top