No rating

Solid Rock Virtual School

Private | K-12 | 4000 students

Student diversity

Living in Tarpon Springs

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $221,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $920.

Posted September 26, 2011

We have tried numerous Virtual Schools. Like anything online, they all can have issues here and there but I must say the response time and communication by this school is the best. Should we ever have a problem, they are quick to reply and fix the issue. They are very accommodating and care about service. It is not ran like a corporate "free" school. There is a nice small school private school charm about them.

Posted September 26, 2011

I homeschool and take classes online with this school. I like the classes but I really like the way they always call me back if I need help. This is my 4th year using them. I have used others too, but they are my favorite.

Posted September 26, 2011

SRVS has undergone many new updates. If we do experience an issue (which all virtual schools will at some point) we can quickly and easily either fix or bypass the problem. Many new features exist and the site has a new look. We have excellent customer service and are available by phone or email support. We offer lots of customization to meet the using school's or student's needs. The system is very user friendly for any age. Parents can access their child's progress at any time. This virtual school also offers onsite programs for homeschool students who want to partake in services like: homecoming, graduation, testing, special events, field trips and sports. The school is very flexible, very accommodating, and allows monthly payment plans. You will get personal attention at Solid Rock Virtual School.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 9, 2010

My child loves the program, but gets really aggravated at how many times she has to contact the school because the answers on a test were graded wrong. It's not all the classes, but a few of them. The school is very quick to answer questions and help out where needed. However, the test being graded incorrectly has litterally happened approximatly 15 times this past school year. I also agree that some teachers are possibly not even reading the papers the kids write. My daughter submitted an essay to her English teacher, and she got an excellent grade on it. After reviewing it myself, I was shocked that the teacher didn't point out incorrect words that were spelled, run on sentences, and grammer errors.

Posted April 12, 2010

I was shocked by the poor quality of this curriculum. My children were routinely marked wrong for correct answers, or were instead given a perfect score for sub-par writing! The interface is adequate, at best, but--with so many options out there--I've chosen to take my children elsewhere.

Posted March 21, 2009

The curriculum is written by educators who have experience with what works! I highly recommend Solid Rock Virtual School to any parent who is looking for an alternative way to give their child an exceptional education.
—Submitted by a teacher