Bad
Good

Amazing STAFF, amazing student, with very high grades and test scores. Best school I have every seen. Fits every ones taste and great school to start from.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

STAFF members take time to hear our stories and figure them out.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Each teacher takes time to get to know us and incorporates our traits in each lesson. They have clubs for every ones taste.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

This school taught me that you don't have to follow others you can be a leader and follow your own path.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school taught me to respect authority, be confident, express myself, and follow my dreams.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are amazing at their good and don't go home happy unless their students learned a whole much about all the subjects.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is strongly engraving what they have learned in their brain.

First I have to say that I think that a few of these ratings are for Tarpon Elementary NOT Tarpon Fundamental! My oldest son attended Tarpon Elementary and was bullied as well this is the reason we applied for Fundamental school. My youngest is going on his 3rd year at Tarpon Fundamental and we have nothing but great things to say about the school, the staff, and the principal! I volunteer regularly and consider myself a very hands on parent so I know first hand how wonderful they all are!

I have multipleThe issue that occurred this week is "the straw that broke the camels back" to us children at this school and have been happy until this year. The teachers and principal are unwilling to help when a parent has a child that is struggling with behavior issues. We set up a plan but no one is required to follow it. If fact the principal goes out of her way to support a teacher that does the exact opposite of the recommended plan. I am so saddened by this because it was a great supportive environment before.

This school not only produces students who turn out the highest FCAT scores in the district - it is warm, nurturing and dedicated to helping kids of all skill levels and backgrounds achieve their potential. Our son entered the kindergarten program this year already quite academically advanced but needed a big nudge socially. Not only did he grow in leaps and bounds socially - glowing about his teacher and classmates in the evening - he grew so much academically, as his teacher tailored the lessons to challenge him. This is an exception school led by exceptional professionals. What a blessing!

Last modified Tarpon Springs Fundamental Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.