Tarpon Springs, FL

Posted July 28, 2013
First I have to say that I think that a few of these ratings are for Tarpon Elementary NOT Tarpon Fundamental! My oldest son attended Tarpon Elementary and was bullied as well this is the reason we applied for Fundamental school. My youngest is going on his 3rd year at Tarpon Fundamental and we have nothing but great things to say about the school, the staff, and the principal! I volunteer regularly and consider myself a very hands on parent so I know first hand how wonderful they all are!

Tarpon Springs Fundamental Elementary School 1

Posted November 16, 2012
I have multipleThe issue that occurred this week is "the straw that broke the camels back" to us children at this school and have been happy until this year. The teachers and principal are unwilling to help when a parent has a child that is struggling with behavior issues. We set up a plan but no one is required to follow it. If fact the principal goes out of her way to support a teacher that does the exact opposite of the recommended plan. I am so saddened by this because it was a great supportive environment before.

Posted June 07, 2012
This school not only produces students who turn out the highest FCAT scores in the district - it is warm, nurturing and dedicated to helping kids of all skill levels and backgrounds achieve their potential. Our son entered the kindergarten program this year already quite academically advanced but needed a big nudge socially. Not only did he grow in leaps and bounds socially - glowing about his teacher and classmates in the evening - he grew so much academically, as his teacher tailored the lessons to challenge him. This is an exception school led by exceptional professionals. What a blessing!

Posted February 02, 2012
Dear Members: The 2 star parent comment below is not about TSFE! Our school has not had any lock downs this year, no students wandering around, nor have we had any child pulled from our school this year. We are still under 290 students making us one of the smallest in the state, with other schools in the area well over 800 students. Bullying is not tolerated. Our principal is very informed, involved and always visible & available. Please feel free to contact our office for accurate information. Thank you.

Tarpon Springs Fundamental Elementary School 2

Posted February 01, 2012
There is a lot of bullying at this school - especially when you get into 3rd-5th grade. Whenever the principal is approached with a problem she turns her head in the other direction and it is not addressed. My child was allowed to wander by himself, unsupervised! He's only 6! School is always on lockdown because of crimes being committed in the area. I do not feel safe with my child there any more. The parents are also in clicks so, in return, the students are too (which is probably part of the reason for bullying). The school has also grown and isn't as small as it used to be. I pulled my child out of this school and am much happier elsewhere.

Posted April 20, 2010
It is a small school that specializes in getting back to the basics of education and emphasizes parental involvement.

Posted April 19, 2010
Our school is the most wonderful school. The students are happy to be here, the staff is happy to be here and the parents are happy to be involved with their childrens' education. When students leave here to go to middle school and high school they want to come back. It is a great family atmosphere.

Posted April 19, 2010
Tarpon Fundamental is an amazing example of parents, students, and teachers working together to achieve academic excellence in a caring, community. The fundamental policy molds responsible, disciplined students and gives them the tools to become successful, lifetime learners.

Posted May 26, 2009
Fantastic, academic environment. There are few behavior problems in the classrooms because you do not have to be at the school. It is a choice and the families all are there for the same reasons. The teachers are nurturing yet have high expectations. My children soared at TSFES and when we had to more to Greenville, SC they were far ahead of the other students. I would highly recommend this school to everyone!

Posted June 12, 2008
Most teachers are phenomenal! The principal is retiring this year, so next year might bring some changes. Excellent academic environment, lots of actively involved parents. Great for those who want a small school setting. Most people there get to know everyone else. Fewer than 300 kids for the entire school!

400 East Harrison Street, Tarpon Springs, FL  34689
Last modified Tarpon Springs Fundamental Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tarpon Springs Fundamental Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top